Current CM.. Any Questions?

Would you watch a vlog about life as a Disney performer at sea?

• Yes

Votes: 83 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for hosting this thread. I’m scheduled to be on one of the Very Merrytime cruise early December. Is there any plans to change the evening theater shows (remove or not do some)? i.e. has play director says "no need to practice Golden Mickey's as we won't be doing it this quarter"

From the press release, it sounded like there was going to be less shows in place of the new Christmas themed events. TIA

Last edited:
Found it. They were going to complain about character dining, including the service, the food and the characters hoping to get it for free.
Another one I just saw was they were going to complain that they were discriminated against for a mental health issue by every CM and demand free merch and entry to the parks for the next day
I wonder if they got what they wanted?

Who is excited for Halloween on the High Seas???
What is you favorite Disney Halloween experience, treat, character interaction, memory?
We'll be on the Wish in late October and can't wait! We're all dressing up as Moana characters (my son's Hei Hei costume is absolutely hilarious). We've never done Halloween with Disney so everything will be new!

Last edited:
Thanks for hosting this thread. I’m scheduled to be on one of the Very Merrytime cruise early December. Is there any plans to change the evening theater shows (remove or not do some)? i.e. has play director says "no need to practice Golden Mickey's as we won't be doing it this quarter"

From the press release, it sounded like there was going to be less shows in place of the new Christmas themed events. TIA
Which ship will you be on? On my ship there has been no mention of changing shows. Typically Christmas entertainment is in addition to regular shows

I’m not sure… although I do know from experience that complaining about characters at character dining gets you what you want
Not anymore, my last wdw teip I had a very crappy table at chef Mickeys and both Goofy and Mickey skipped my table cause it was hidden around a corner. I went to one of the attendants and the answer was -if they dont make it back before you leave let us know- Goofy did come around again and found my table. Mickey forgot about my table again. Went back to the same attendant and gor the exact same answer as the first time and explained it was my second round he skipped me. Pluto wasnt there that night so that was already a bummer. Then the captain started making his round to ask each table who they were missing. He said oh you got everyone cause you ve been here a while. I said i didnt get Mickey and he didnt even want to believe mz til I said he had skipped me tIce and pointed out the attendant I had been talking to. They sent him over right after I paid my bill

It really depends on what the other girls who are friends with the character look like. If they have some freckles, you’re more likely to be cast. It isn’t just about looking like a particular character, you also need to look similar the girls they already have in the role
So you don’t have to look like the character, just like the other actresses?

Hi. I have been on the Magic many times before and was there a month ago. I want to go on the upcoming December Panama Canal cruise; however, my child will need zoom video capabilities for class. If I purchase the highest internet package, will zoom work?

Hi. I have been on the Magic many times before and was there a month ago. I want to go on the upcoming December Panama Canal cruise; however, my child will need zoom video capabilities for class. If I purchase the highest internet package, will zoom work?
It is hard to know. The internet does work well a lot of the time, but can be patchy at other times. Zoom requires a steady signal so it doesn’t freeze so it may not work well for the entire time you need it to. I use zoom and FaceTime to talk to friends and family at home and overseas and sometimes it’s fine and sometimes it’s not

What are some of the considerations CM have when choosing what ship/contracts to apply to? I would think that newer ships would be better ships to live on, but maybe the itineraries are super boring?

I was watching a something on YouTube about life on a ship and it spoke about dating. Do lots of people date each other? It must be difficult at the end of the contract if you live in opposite parts of the world

I was watching a something on YouTube about life on a ship and it spoke about dating. Do lots of people date each other? It must be difficult at the end of the contract if you live in opposite parts of the world
Was is Geri? I know a few crew who dated and a few got married after they left

What are some of the considerations CM have when choosing what ship/contracts to apply to? I would think that newer ships would be better ships to live on, but maybe the itineraries are super boring?
For most departments, you can certainly put in a request for a particular ship, but in reality they will send you to wherever operational needs have to be met. Once on a ship, you can always request to transfer as well

The thing about ship life is you get used to goodbyes. There are always people coming and going. There are certainly a lot of people who do get together during a contract. Sometimes it’s just a ship thing, sometimes it continues on land and into other contracts.
I know a few people who started dating during a contract who are married now

I wouldn't bank on it. If signal is great and not a lot of people are using the internet, it could be fine. But zoom takes up a lot of bandwidth, and if a lot of people are using the internet you're going to get connectivity issues. Plus sometimes there are just 'dead zones' where the internet doesn't work.

I've heard people on other cruise lines were able to hold video lectures with no issue, but it seems DCL internet is not quite up to snuff. Personally, if it was something I had to do, I wouldn't bank on having reliable internet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter