Current Magical Beginnings promotion with Direct

Prices always seem to go up, but now with the current incentives combined with $22/pt makes this cheaper than VGF has been in a while. So always possible later prices could be better for add-ons, but this is getting tough to pass up for larger # of add-ons. Increasing a purchase from 150 to 200 pts, that extra 50 pts comes out to $145/pt if you use the Magical Beginnings.
I am in ROFR to buy a resale at VGF for $150 (that comes load with slightly more than half a year's points, so I put it at about $140 as true cost)-- I didn't buy 200 points, but if you're looknig to buy 200 or more to begin with, I would take $145/pt direct in a heartbeat over $140/150 or even $130 resale...and that's speaking as someone who already has a blue card.

Prices always seem to go up, but now with the current incentives combined with $22/pt makes this cheaper than VGF has been in a while. So always possible later prices could be better for add-ons, but this is getting tough to pass up for larger # of add-ons. Increasing a purchase from 150 to 200 pts, that extra 50 pts comes out to $145/pt if you use the Magical Beginnings.
This.

I am in ROFR to buy a resale at VGF for $150 (that comes load with slightly more than half a year's points, so I put it at about $140 as true cost)-- I didn't buy 200 points, but if you're looknig to buy 200 or more to begin with, I would take $145/pt direct in a heartbeat over $140/150 or even $130 resale...and that's speaking as someone who already has a blue card.
That's where I am. We have 200 pts resale at BCV and had wanted VGF for our direct to get the blue card (going to immediately buyer 4x sorcerer passes and save a bundle). I had planned to just do 150, but dang, how can I not buy the extra 50 pts?

That's my hang up and struggle right now. Stick to the plan and only get 150 and be done with direct? Or take advantage of a bonus 50 pts at a relatively cheap price for unrestricted pts?

I figured I'd eventually add on to the VGF direct, but even resales are going to be hard to beat $145/pt by much and even if they're close, they'd be restricted (which I'm fine with being restricted cause who knows about poly2 and RIV doesn't interest me), but having a nice block of 200 unrestricted is mighty tempting.

(to clarify, I'd do 150 + 50 to keep my blue card enabling 150 separate and the extra 50 peel-off-able because 40+ years is a long time).

Like a few others have commented..I was waiting for poly2 to buy direct, but now considering GF with this Magical Beginnings incentive. My concern with waiting is the direct price, even with incentives is going to be quite a bit higher than what GF is going for now. I do own a resale contract already. Anyone concur?
DVC doesn’t make it easy to figure out. They are very good at generating FOMO.

I am in ROFR to buy a resale at VGF for $150 (that comes load with slightly more than half a year's points, so I put it at about $140 as true cost)-- I didn't buy 200 points, but if you're looknig to buy 200 or more to begin with, I would take $145/pt direct in a heartbeat over $140/150 or even $130 resale...and that's speaking as someone who already has a blue
That's where I am. We have 200 pts resale at BCV and had wanted VGF for our direct to get the blue card (going to immediately buyer 4x sorcerer passes and save a bundle). I had planned to just do 150, but dang, how can I not buy the extra 50 pts?

That's my hang up and struggle right now. Stick to the plan and only get 150 and be done with direct? Or take advantage of a bonus 50 pts at a relatively cheap price for unrestricted pts?

I figured I'd eventually add on to the VGF direct, but even resales are going to be hard to beat $145/pt by much and even if they're close, they'd be restricted (which I'm fine with being restricted cause who knows about poly2 and RIV doesn't interest me), but having a nice block of 200 unrestricted is mighty tempting.

(to clarify, I'd do 150 + 50 to keep my blue card enabling 150 separate and the extra 50 peel-off-able because 40+ years is a long time).
same. We own a resale at BCV as well and figured we’d add on direct at Poly if we decided we wanted direct and depending on if it’s restricted or not. After our first trip last month as DVC members, we’ve decided that the blue card is important to us. We also want unrestricted points. 150 points is plenty for us…although the price still makes me cringe…but with the buy back promo right now, I feel like I can’t pass this up.

If you only ever want 150, buy 150…but, if your goals is to get to 200, to play DVD’s advocate: when you calculate the cost of those last 50points direct, they are (presumably?) far below $140 per. Subtract total cost for 150 points from cost for 200pts and divide by 50–I assume it’s better than you’ll be able to do with a separate resale (restricted) contract.

Do you recall how much the closing fee is they charge per extra contract? Or does anyone know what the extra fees are to split a 200 pt purchase in 4 contracts?
TYIA
I talked with my guide about the possibility of buying 200 pts and splitting it into 2 - 100pt contracts. Each contract would have a $250 document prep fee and closing costs of about $369. Splitting into 2 contracts would cost $1236 in closing costs compared to $959 if I bought as a single contract! Buying 4 contracts would add another $500 in document fees plus a bit in closing fees - so at least $1800 in closing costs to buy 4 contracts.

I talked with my guide about the possibility of buying 200 pts and splitting it into 2 - 100pt contracts. Each contract would have a $250 document prep fee and closing costs of about $369. Splitting into 2 contracts would cost $1236 in closing costs compared to $959 if I bought as a single contract! Buying 4 contracts would add another $500 in document fees plus a bit in closing fees - so at least $1800 in closing costs to buy 4 contracts.
Thank you!

The higher price per point you’d get selling those small contracts is greater than the costs.

Closing costs include title insurance. You don’t really need title insurance when buying direct. It’s optional. You can decline it. If you haven’t closed yet you can request to have it removed.

can you explain this further? im confused were $145 per point is coming from

can you explain this further? im confused were $145 per point is coming from
Sure thing. So if we got just a 150 pt contract it's $207/pt for a total of $31,050. A 200 pt contract comes out to $39,400. Both of those prices are before closing costs. The difference between them is $8,350 upfront.

Since it's an extra 50 pts between the two contracts, I divided $8,350 by 50 pts which gets you $167/pt. Then take the Magical Beginnings discount promo of $22/pt off that # (167 - 27) to get $145/pt. That's the cost per point to go from the 150pt contract to the 200pt.

And it's why I'm struggling to pass up the deal of the extra 50 pts instead of getting the minimum of 150 needed to get our blue card for the AP discounts. I'm not sure we'll find such a deal again in the near term (or who knows long term) for 50 VGF points in our UY. Unrestricted is just another bonus to it (I like Poly, but not a tower style fan though it'd keep these available for use there). It's a heck of a deal to just stretch a little farther.

Sure thing. So if we got just a 150 pt contract it's $207/pt for a total of $31,050. A 200 pt contract comes out to $39,400. Both of those prices are before closing costs. The difference between them is $8,350 upfront.

Since it's an extra 50 pts between the two contracts, I divided $8,350 by 50 pts which gets you $167/pt. Then take the Magical Beginnings discount promo of $22/pt off that # (167 - 27) to get $145/pt. That's the cost per point to go from the 150pt contract to the 200pt.

And it's why I'm struggling to pass up the deal of the extra 50 pts instead of getting the minimum of 150 needed to get our blue card for the AP discounts. I'm not sure we'll find such a deal again in the near term (or who knows long term) for 50 VGF points in our UY. Unrestricted is just another bonus to it (I like Poly, but not a tower style fan though it'd keep these available for use there). It's a heck of a deal to just stretch a little farther.
Got it.. Thank you!! We just signed a 200 pt. Add on today! Making sure we didn’t want to add more! 😂
We also were waiting for the poly 2. But this deal was to good to pass up..
Somehow our guide got us -
-$20 per point incentive,
-Disney Visa card $1250 incentive,
-Magical beginnings at $22 per point
-and split into 2-100point contracts. (But we already owned 100p and 50p contracts GF)

We had the GF contract drawn up and placed on hold while we went on our WDW vacation. My husband wanted to see what we were buying this time 🤣.. we looked at new studios at GF and the poly construction, and went with GF bc we doubt it will ever be that low again.

Wow! Wait you today got a $1250 incentive for using the Visa Disney? Then the $20/pt incentive was the ongoing incentive of $197/pt (down from $217/pt) at 200 pts, right?

I want to get that Visa credit. Hmm. I remember that recently for the Visa if you bought 250 pts, more than I'd want to do.

Congrats on your new contract!

Has anyone else been able to swing the $1250 Disney Visa credit? Curious for more details.

I read the other day that someone else also got it on less than the advertised 250 pt requirement. So I don't doubt it at all that it's happening. I just want to find out how to wield this to make sure I don't miss the opportunity at an extra $6.25/pt discount!

Has anyone else been able to swing the $1250 Disney Visa credit? Curious for more details.

I read the other day that someone else also got it on less than the advertised 250 pt requirement. So I don't doubt it at all that it's happening. I just want to find out how to wield this to make sure I don't miss the opportunity at an extra $6.25/pt discount!
Would appreciate info on this as well. Just talked to my guide today and he said the Disney Visa promo was for 250 pts min and it has expired. TIA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter