Current Magical Beginnings promotion with Direct

Question on MB for February UY

Would I still pay dues on 2023 if those points are bought by Disney? I havenā€™t gotten a clear answer on that yet.
yes, and I didn't really think about it when I added on Riviera a couple of years ago and went way past the due date! šŸ˜« ended up being fine, but I just didn't have any reminder or email regarding it, and just didn't think about it on my own... a freudian slip? šŸ˜‡

Would I still pay dues on 2023 if those points are bought by Disney? I havenā€™t gotten a clear answer on that yet.

You said bought by Disney? 2022 points are bought by Disney, but not 2023.
But 2022 points aren't eligible to be bought by Disney with a February use year.
Hope I'm making sense & understood your question.šŸ™ƒ

You said bought by Disney? 2022 points are bought by Disney, but not 2023.
But 2022 points aren't eligible to be bought by Disney with a February use year.
Hope I'm making sense & understood your question.šŸ™ƒ
If you are in your current use year. February for me. They can buy that year so, 2023 points. This was confirmed by my Guide on Sunday when I discussed the program.

If you are in your current use year. February for me. They can buy that year so, 2023 points. This was confirmed by my Guide on Sunday when I discussed the program.
Oh wow i didnt know that! That's awesome that they give people that option. I was feeling bad for everyone with the early use years. But bummer for sure about the dues vs 2022 MB people.

Oh wow i didnt know that! That's awesome that they give people that option. I was feeling bad for everyone with the early use years. But bummer for sure about the dues vs 2022 MB people.
Guess itā€™s like you renting your points out. In this case all your points for the year. You still have to pay the dues when renting. You just donā€™t like it lol.

Dues have nothing to do with selling back your points. Everyone pays 2023 dues from date of purchase, resort opening date if new, or first set of points if itā€™s a new resortā€¦

Guess itā€™s like you renting your points out. In this case all your points for the year. You still have to pay the dues when renting. You just donā€™t like it lol.
Haha yeah it makes sense but definitely isnt fun

Yep, it's $197/pt at 200 points and $207/pt at 150, both down from base of $217/pt.

Thank you! I realized that the prices you are quoting are for current members. I am looking to buy for the first time, so the deals are not quite as sweet!

I read on the FB Poly 2 is rumored to be its own association based on permits filed. it may have something to do with he bungalows. Might be worth looking into.

We were waiting for ploy 2, but between the incentives and the fact we already own at VGF, the MB is what finally pushed us to just add on at the GFV.

things we consider VGF vs. Poly 2
Cost:
$175 vs $210ish (they most likely won't under sale VDH)
(bonus they added the visa discount for us)

comparing studios -
- both have connection rooms
- resort studio VGF sleep 5 adults comfortably ( no hitting shins on the pull down in the resort studio) most the extra space at the poly was used in the bathroom space.
- choices of studios resort or deluxe at VGF
-When traveling with 2 teenage girls bathroom mirror and counter space is a premium ( poly was limited on counter space.)
- lots more studios at poly. harder to get studios at VGF

11mo window-
we already owned 150 at VGF so being have to have more point at the 11mo window was a bonus for us.

point chart maybe higher at the poly 2 VS VGF 1

Overall money talks. we just couldn't turn VGF down at that price and knowing 100% the resort studios fit our needs when we travel with our daughters and the deluxe studios, 1 & 2bedrooms are always there at the 11mo. window if we need those too!
Do you know what about the permits filed makes people think it will be a separate association ?

I just got our docs through Docusign and am reading them now to confirm, but yes, no joke my Guide got us the extra $1250 discount. It's a total of $5250 ($4000 developer credit on 200 pts + $1250 Visa credit).

I wanted to wait and see it in writing and sure enough. I'm stoked!

Our Guide said when the deals expire, they're still there, just have to get them approved to be added. I imagine that's a generalization and simplification of what she did, but she did it.

Lean on your Guide again or give mine a call:

Luisenia ā€œLuā€ Bernatow
Vacation Club Guide
Direct Line: 407-827-5375
OR
Toll-Free Direct: 855-376-0244
Lu.Bernatow@disney.com
When did you actually sign your contract in order to get the Disney visa incentive?

When did you actually sign your contract in order to get the Disney visa incentive?
This morning.

I asked earlier this week after reading someone else got it added well after the expiration. So I asked and she spent about a day getting approval. Docs arrived last night and I confirmed the extra $1250 discount was added on top of the $4000 discount (add on of 200 points at VGF). Then we signed this morning.

I used my CSR as well because it has been reported to be classified as travel. Since it looks like you are a step ahead of me, please do report back when it is official on your account so I can feel better about putting a large chunk on this card for the extra points.
Hi!

Hi again, yes, Iā€™ll let you know when my charge is categorized. I charged one of the DVC $95 reservation fees on my Chase in Dec 2022, and the merchant name was ā€˜DVC Adventure Trvlā€™, merchant type ā€˜Timeshareā€™ and merchant categoryā€™Travelā€™,

My down payment merchant name is now showing ā€˜DVC Escrow Paymentā€™ (still pending). So I hope thatā€™s part of the travel category.

Have a good day!

If that correct then I donā€™t understand why itā€™s not offered to international buyers. I thought it was for tax reasons.
If it's for tax reasons then I don't understand why I was told I can't do it. I live in the UK but I am a US citizen that files my US taxes...
My Guide said it was real estate law, so maybe it's not clear?

If it's for tax reasons then I don't understand why I was told I can't do it. I live in the UK but I am a US citizen that files my US taxes...
My Guide said it was real estate law, so maybe it's not clear?
Weā€™ve recently switched guides. Iā€™ll ask my new guide and see what she says. Apparently she works with a lot of UK families so hopefully she will know. It was an English born guide at Saratoga that suggested we could utilise the deal so you would hope he would know if it wasnā€™t available to international buyers.

Please let me know what you learn.
So Iā€™ve pressed as to the reasoning why magical beginnings is not available to international purchasers and this is the reply I received:

ā€œI did double check with our leadership team. Currently Magical Beginnings is only offered to the 50 states here in the United States. I unaware of the reasons as to why because it is above my pay grade and I am truly unaware of the tax reasoningā€™s or legalities behind it. I do apologize for any confusion as of the other guide may have been new or unaware of the terms. Please let me know if you have any other questions.ā€ It seems to be a pretty clear ā€œNoā€ and there doesnā€™t seem to be any obvious way around it other than renting the points out yourself, which is a hell of a lot harder and unlikely to result in $22 per point. A real shame.

So Iā€™ve pressed as to the reasoning why magical beginnings is not available to international purchasers and this is the reply I received:

ā€œI did double check with our leadership team. Currently Magical Beginnings is only offered to the 50 states here in the United States. I unaware of the reasons as to why because it is above my pay grade and I am truly unaware of the tax reasoningā€™s or legalities behind it. I do apologize for any confusion as of the other guide may have been new or unaware of the terms. Please let me know if you have any other questions.ā€ It seems to be a pretty clear ā€œNoā€ and there doesnā€™t seem to be any obvious way around it other than renting the points out yourself, which is a hell of a lot harder and unlikely to result in $22 per point. A real shame.
Renting points turned out to be way easier to do than I expected. Less than a week to rent out nearly 200 pts that were expiring in a few months. If your points are still in the 11-7 month window you could possibly get $18/pt from an intermediary. $16/pt if you're less than 7 months less. Definitely lower, but not horrible. Got paid the same day I booked the reservations. Super easy.

But yes, I agree it stinks that it's limited to the US and MB is simple and easy. Does take about four weeks after final payment to receive your MB check from DVD though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter