Current park capacity's??

BobbyDukes

Mouseketeer
Can someone tell me what the current park capacity percentage it is now? Or how to find out this information.
Going in August and wondering what to expect

I think it's above 50% now. But no one will know the amount acually able to make park reservations.

Disney hasn't announced that number or percentage. I think Chapek said it would be increasing by increments, but he didn't give a schedule or specific increase amounts. I think it will be gradual, as they increase staffing (CP back being trained, hiring new CMs, etc.).

Can someone tell me what the current park capacity percentage it is now? Or how to find out this information.

At the rate they seem to be increasing, I would expect a busy, if not busier than normal park day during August. If they're at 50%, then they are very close to what they normally have on any given day which is supposedly 60-65%. When you add in the fact that they still don't have shows and parades to draw crowds, even at just 50%, it would seem crowded.

In the end, we're all just guessing as WDW doesn't make that info public. Still, going by all the reports I read, it's busy, lines are in the hour or more range for many rides.

Just because the resorts aren't all open full doesn't mean the park capacity isn't. People are staying all over since the resort prices are not worth it I am guessing.

Yea it seems like the park capacity is at least at 50% now judging from the pictures I seen on social media and disney blog sites. I would guess its at 60-65 or maybe even 70% now.

Just a reminder that 100% is based on capacity meaning the absolute maximum number of people allowed in the park. Pre-pandemic, an average (i.e., crowded ) day at MK was about 60% of capacity (and that was with everything open and absorbing guests--we still don't have parades and not all restaurants are open), and Epcot was around 30% capacity. So 35% capacity at Epcot is actually more crowded than normal.

As a useful analogy, at my old office building, I was riding a packed elevator with about dozen people and we were all uncomfortably close--to the point our bodies were touching. I looked at the elevator safety sign and chuckled because it said the maximum capacity was 35 people! The theoretical capacity was far higher than you would ever see on a normal day.

To answer your original question, my suspicion for August is that the parks are more or less going to be up to full "capacity," and regardless of whether or not there are capacity "limits", will be more crowded than a typical August due to all the pent up demand.

Just a reminder that 100% is based on capacity meaning the absolute maximum number of people allowed in the park. Pre-pandemic, an average (i.e., crowded ) day at MK was about 60% of capacity (and that was with everything open and absorbing guests--we still don't have parades and not all restaurants are open), and Epcot was around 30% capacity. So 35% capacity at Epcot is actually more crowded than normal.

As a useful analogy, at my old office building, I was riding a packed elevator with about dozen people and we were all uncomfortably close--to the point our bodies were touching. I looked at the elevator safety sign and chuckled because it said the maximum capacity was 35 people! The theoretical capacity was far higher than you would ever see on a normal day.

To answer your original question, my suspicion for August is that the parks are more or less going to be up to full "capacity," and regardless of whether or not there are capacity "limits", will be more crowded than a typical August due to all the pent up demand.
Exactly!

On most pre-COVID days, the parks rarely approached 100% capacity.

Yea it seems like the park capacity is at least at 50% now judging from the pictures I seen on social media and disney blog sites. I would guess its at 60-65 or maybe even 70% now.
60-65% is pretty much average attendance pre-Covid. I don't think it's quite there yet, at least the number of people actually in the parks.

Thats what I initially thought as well, but have since heard capacity is actually based on what is open. For example you can’t include Casey’s Corner or Laugh Floor in the total capacity right now. This was in one of Len Testa‘s Touring Plans podcasts.

Thats what I initially thought as well, but have since heard capacity is actually based on what is open. For example you can’t include Casey’s Corner or Laugh Floor in the total capacity right now. This was in one of Len Testa‘s Touring Plans podcasts.
Right but if everything was open, Disney could operate at 100% of FULL capacity.

But theme park attendance usually is never close to 100% of full capacity most days.

WDW running at “65% capacity” (for example) is a typical pre-COVID day at WDW.

Based on what I experienced last month in mid-May, crowds were pretty typical for that time of year, which means below average.

Since then, Disney has released even more Park Passes. But they also have announced openings for more restaurants, increased transportation capacity, restarted the single rider line, etc.

WDW is not running at 100% of full capacity, but they probably are getting close to 100% of average attendance.

Park Capacity means nothing without attendance numbers.

Even when it was 20% capacity ...that really meant nothing because the park rarely is at 100% capacity.

I have been 3x during "COVID" Sept 20, Dec 20, May 21....every time...it felt just as crowded as any other one of the 100's of times I have been in a park.

My advice...don't worry about it and just enjoy your time.

Our VIP tour guide said he estimates capacity is 70% now. It has been super crowded this week. No social distancing possible at all.

Honestly, it depends on when in August. The later you move into the month, the more the crowds drop. We've done a lot of August vacations and they are hot, but they are often very manageable as far as crowds go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter