Current wait time surprisingly low?

I’m here now. This is the first time we’re here for the 4th. The parks are by no means slow. There are people everywhere on the walkway. Stores & restaurants are crowded. As we passed GF on the monorail, several people commented on how packed the pool was. We watched the Epcot fireworks yesterday from outside the park, just past the skyliner station. There was a solid wall of people walking out past Boardwalk for at least 30 minutes after they ended. Many were going past BW, so maybe walking to cars parked @ Studios? The line for ice cream at the BW snaked inside, then eventually outside along the construction walls. We waited 20 minutes for our mobile order at Regal Eagle after we checking in. Mobile order was eventually full, they had a constant line to get in & order, only allowing 1 party at a time in. Again, the walkways in that area were crowded. People were lining up for fireworks as we walked past at 5:30.

We were here Easter weekend. It definitely seems more crowded now. And yes, it is crazy hot. There was 70% humid around 10 this morning. This was @ 11:50

IMG_0627.jpeg

Last edited:

The heat is making me nervous! We’re from the UK so not used to really high heat, and we’ve only ever gone at Easter/October so this will be new for us. We’ve planned lots of breaks, lots of evenings in the parks rather than day-time and lots of water/fans/UV umbrellas/air-con time. Still think we’re gonna struggle though!!
You will definitely struggle if you aren’t accustomed to the heat and humidity. I live in central Florida and I struggled in the parks the last few days.

You are preparing so you will be fine.
It’s the people who think they can do rope drop to fireworks and only drinking 1 or 2 bottles of water all day that wind up ruining their trips due to heatstroke/dehydration.

My best advice is do a few of the indoor shows that are air conditioned when you feel like you need a break.

I hope you enjoy your trip!

You will definitely struggle if you aren’t accustomed to the heat and humidity. I live in central Florida and I struggled in the parks the last few days.

You are preparing so you will be fine.
It’s the people who think they can do rope drop to fireworks and only drinking 1 or 2 bottles of water all day that wind up ruining their trips due to heatstroke/dehydration.

My best advice is do a few of the indoor shows that are air conditioned when you feel like you need a break.

I hope you enjoy your trip!
Thank you! Yes, we are trying to keep an open mind and listen to our bodies rather than pushing through and making ourselves ill! My sister also qualifies for DAS so we can sit in the aircon whilst waiting for rides, luckily. Indoor shows are our favourites anyway - last time we did Tiki Room twice in one day I think? Thank you for your advice!

We went to Epcot on the 4th. 2 AP holders with 0 expectations. Got 2nd row parking in the lot! We did get GOTG VQ at 7am so happy for that (it estimated a 4:30pm, but reality it buzzed us after 2pm). We hit Soarin' at RD (they announced Frozen was delayed) & started from there. We went in all the countries, moseyed in shops, watched the shows & did everything but the Seas. Even got a walk up to San Angel around 3:30pm. Got the avocado margs from the indoor bar with maybe a 5 minute wait? But even the outdoor marg bar line was maybe 5-6 people. Headed for the parking lot at 6pm just as a storm was rolling in.

I kept waiting for the fireworks crowds to start arriving at some point all day. After 2 pm there was maybe an uptick in the crowds, but we were also closer to the front by then so hard to say. Honestly it was a very low key enjoyable day that we did a lot & it wasn't masses of people. I have seen it far worse on a regular Food & Wine weekend.

ETA: I have never been on the 4th before & my pass is blocked for Xmas/NYE so I haven't been during those times either so I can't give any comparison for days like that

Last edited:
Thank you! Yes, we are trying to keep an open mind and listen to our bodies rather than pushing through and making ourselves ill! My sister also qualifies for DAS so we can sit in the aircon whilst waiting for rides, luckily. Indoor shows are our favourites anyway - last time we did Tiki Room twice in one day I think? Thank you for your advice!
There are also cooling towels for around your neck. You just put them in ice water, cold water, etc and put them around your neck. My grandson plays baseball in the heat and uses one. Hope this helps.

I’m watching dining reservations for our trip July 27-Aug 4 and I’m kinda shocked by the availability. Pretty much everything is available all days at decent times - BoG, Royal Table, Le Cellier etc etc - all are bookable. Space 220 isn’t and neither is the lower priced fare like Yak and Yeti and Sci-Fi. I haven’t booked adr in a couple years - is that normal now?

I’m watching dining reservations for our trip July 27-Aug 4 and I’m kinda shocked by the availability. Pretty much everything is available all days at decent times - BoG, Royal Table, Le Cellier etc etc - all are bookable. Space 220 isn’t and neither is the lower priced fare like Yak and Yeti and Sci-Fi. I haven’t booked adr in a couple years - is that normal now?

We will be there basically the same time. I got Space 220 and Yak and Yeti at the 60 day mark, pretty easily.

But, yeah, it seemed REALLY easy to book everything I wanted. And still lots of availability.

Yes, it's easier to get ADR now. We usually just wait until the night before to book. BOG has been very easy to get since it became prix fix.

It’s interesting that the lower priced stuff is harder to book now than the expensive stuff. No problem booking that $250 price fixe sushi experience - all kinds of availability left for that despite it being one of the newest restaurants 🤔

It’s interesting that the lower priced stuff is harder to book now than the expensive stuff. No problem booking that $250 price fixe sushi experience - all kinds of availability left for that despite it being one of the newest restaurants 🤔
Selling out early is a clear sign you have priced it too low. In an ideal world, you would sell out on the final day to ensure you have captured every last dollar possible.

If you look at rack rates summer is cheaper than Oct and Nov, and you can find offer for summer yet not much for Oct/Nov. December has some offers but those rack rates are already much much higher than summer.

eta- I was in a hurry and didnt make my point - which is WDW‘s already aware summer isn’t high season anymore.

Last edited:
I get that it's hot, but heat never kept people out of the parks in summer before. And people plan trips weeks and months ahead of time, they don't cancel because it's going to be a few degrees hotter than usual that week. I can see where it would keep more locals away, especially with a lot of APs blocked out, but there has to be a lot more to it than that.

Revenge travel drying up, economy, probably a lot of little factors adding up. Though overall leisure travel isn't really down much compared to WDW. People are still taking vacations, so 🤷‍♂️If this fall's crowds are way down compared to last year, then we'll know we are in an overall downward trend.

The heat is making me nervous! We’re from the UK so not used to really high heat, and we’ve only ever gone at Easter/October so this will be new for us. We’ve planned lots of breaks, lots of evenings in the parks rather than day-time and lots of water/fans/UV umbrellas/air-con time. Still think we’re gonna struggle though!

Orlando in the summer will definitely be an eye opener if you're not used to heat. 95 (35C) with 70%+ humidity is one of those things nobody can really tell you what it's like, you have to experience it for yourself. But you're planning to do all the smart suff. Avoiding the middle of the day, plenty of breaks and strategic show/AC time, etc I think you'll be fine.

Don't go easy on the sunscreen either. The summer sun is VERY direct at those subtropical latitudes. Last year we met the nicest family from Finland, and they had some of the worst sunburn I've ever seen, felt SO bad for them. And this was in May 😲

We were there in May and the crowds were much lower than we anticipated, in comparison to past May trips and especially in comparison to our May trip in 2022, which was fairly crowded for that time of year. I've been seeing everywhere that crowds are lower than normal lately and I'm hoping it means maybe revenge travel is over. We go back in December and while I know it's bound to be crowded that time of year regardless, I'm hoping maybe if that's true it'll take the edge off a little at least.

Yeah been noticing the shift from Summer being the busiest time.... for a number of years, going back before COVID.

Block out dates for AP holders have opened up, room rates are no longer "peak" in the summer. It's become the new "value season" - I've been noticing for a few years that it seems that August is now the cheapest and least crowded time to go.

Of course your likly to die from heat exhaustion.... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter