Cute Fall Goodies?

sconnell

DIS Veteran
I have to take a snack for my Daughter's Kindergarten class for 2 days in one week in October. (Tuesday & Thursday parent's bring, MW&F school provides) I'd really like to make something cute and Fall-ish. Anyone have a good idea? I'd like to stay away from peanuts for this, but if you have a cute idea, I might could use it for something else! :cutie:

What about witches hats?

This is the general idea, unfortunately the pics on this website stink. They are super easy, and the kids love them.

Witch Hats

Or - another popular thing that we've taken to many school functions are the ice-cream cone cupcakes.

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

(if you do this one, it is always a little tricky moving these, so have a plan first for that.)

Other ideas that I did when DD was in kinder was to take graham crackers, put on blue frosting, and then put on some goldfish (it makes a mini aquarium), not very fall-like, but super easy.

A friend made these and they were so cute! She made sugar cookie dough and split it into portions. She used paste food coloring and colored each portion a different fall color. Then she sort of stuck them all side by side and rolled it all together, so the colors were not mixed up, but smooshed up to each other. Then she used a leaf shaped cookie cutter and had gorgeous fall leaves!

www.familyfun.com usually has great ideas!
Katy

A friend made these and they were so cute! She made sugar cookie dough and split it into portions. She used paste food coloring and colored each portion a different fall color. Then she sort of stuck them all side by side and rolled it all together, so the colors were not mixed up, but smooshed up to each other. Then she used a leaf shaped cookie cutter and had gorgeous fall leaves!

www.familyfun.com usually has great ideas!
Katy

Oh, that's very cute. :thumbsup2

If it were for a halloween themed kids party why not make spiders?

round crackers
peanut butter (yes I know you said you wanted to avoid peanuts - you can get creative here)
raisins
stick pretzels

make a pb cracker sandwich
poke in 8 legs (pretzels)
dab of pb on the raisins and stick them on the "front" of the sandwich

voila spiders

Last year I made cupcake spiders for my daughters class. Cupcakes frosted with chocolate frosting, topped with chocolate sprinkles. For the legs, I used chocolate flavored twizzlers. I used M&Ms for the eyes. They turned out very cute and I have no artistic ability at all.

You could make cupcakes and decorate them like scarecrows. I think there was a picture in Family Fun magazine a while back.

You could make a variation on a Sweet Biscuit Wreath. I use buttermilk biscuits (in the can). Roll them out and cut them out with leaf cookie cutters. Sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar, and bake them. I make these for breakfast on Thanksgiving and my kids love them!

How about the glove with a candy corn piece in each finger for a finger nail and then filled with popcorn? DD got this at Halloween one year and thought it was a neat idea.

Just another idea...how about a snack mix then add some of the spider rings to it? My SIL makes this for halloween treats. She puts whatever she wants: teddy grahams, m&m's, cheerios, bugles, raisins, etc. then tosses in some of those rubbery spider rings from the Halloween aisle. She packages it in the Halloween zip loc bags and the kids love it. Being packaged in a ziploc means that the leftover doesn't get thrown away but saved to eat later.

Oh, that's a good idea. I can make it a bit healthy, but maybe add some candy corns and rings to make it fun. :)

You could use lemon curd instead of peanut butter perhaps for the spider sandwich?

I just saw an idea to use sugar (ice cream) cones as holders and fill them with whatever snack you like. They filled them with popcorn, but you could use a scoop of whatever snack food...including the snack mix BMNABrinx suggests.

I am thinking this would keep the kids busy and their hands would be full so they would be a little more inclined to keep to themselves while they snack. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter