D.O.C.'s = Dis'ers of Color (Disney Fans of Color)

Would you like a dedicated/featured Forum for D.O.C.'s Dis'ers Of Color & Allies

• Total voters
Now all the Brits (and possibly others) are aghast. You said a rude word! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Bum please not the โ€˜fโ€™ word. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‰

Yes! LOL. When Ryno said in yesterday's live show chat that he keeps items in his "Sani-Fanny", I was like "OMG, I bet the British listeners think that sounds like a feminine hygiene product."

'Sani' In German means medic.
Although I missed watching or listening to Tuesday's show, funny I chose to post a question about Sani- packs. Thank goodness I did not ask the poll question, "Who's Dad carries the most stuff in his sani -Fanny-Bum pack? :rotfl2:

Yes, I am multi-cultural, multi-ethnic Peter Pan

Wishing everyone Peace, Love, and Churros pixiedust:

Your AKL Ranger,
keeping Jambo House safe from poachers
๐Ÿฆ ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿฆ“

Last edited:
View attachment 510234

WDW Trip planning
How many individuals or families here are confirmed or actively planning a visit to the Walt Disney World Resort Orlando, FL with an arrival date within the next 60 days or less?

• Bags are packed arriving within the next 30 Days?

• On the phone with DVC or a Dreams Unlimited Agent arranging a future visit arriving within the next 30-45 Days.

• My family will be returning to the WDW Resort in 60-90 Days?

• See you not so soon, greater than 90 Days + before we return.
My bags are almost packed. Returning to the magic In 4 Days.

Your AKL Ranger,
๐Ÿฆ ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿฆ“

I am going back for the Churros!

Wait, what?

My upcoming trip back to the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, FL in 4 days is not just for Churros.
With limited guest capacity at the parks, I am looking forward to riding attractions I have not experienced yet, "Mickey's Runaway Railroad" and "Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance." This upcoming visit should be fun as I resist rising before 4:45 AM just to ride a theme park attraction. :earboy2:
Please be kind, when you see me at the Magic Kingdom queuing up to ride Tron: Light Cycle Power run at 5:01 AM.

I am researching historical data for attendance data, at the Disney World resort. How far back would we have to look to find guest attendance levels this low?
Disney World's estimated attendance capacity according to Touring Plans: Magic Kingdom (90,000), Disney's Animal Kingdom (60,000), Epcot (110,000), and Disney's Hollywood Studios (60,000).

Disney to reopen the Magic Kingdom with 9,000 to 15,000 visitors โ€” approximately 10% to 17% of the parkโ€™s maximum capacity of 90,000.

Disneyโ€™s Animal Kingdom reopened with up to 5,000 visitors โ€” or 8% of capacity.
Disney reopened both the Magic Kingdom and the Animal Kingdom parks well below the estimated crowd sizes.

This will be a very different visit to Walt Disney World. Without the stress pre-planning "Fast Passes" or worrying if I will be forced to join a raiding party or boarding party for "Rise of the Resistance." I imagine it will feel like the Magic Kingdom of the mid-1970s.
Is reduced guest capacity at Disney parks be enough to get you back into the parks?

Today's D.O.C.'s question - What will inspire you to plan a return trip to the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, FL before Jan 2021?

Your AKL Ranger,
๐Ÿฆ ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿฆ“

Last edited:
This will be a very different visit to Walt Disney World. Without the stress pre-planning "Fast Passes" or worrying if I will be forced to join a raiding party or boarding party for "Rise of the Resistance." I imagine it will feel like the Magic Kingdom of the mid-1970s.
Is reduced guest capacity at Disney parks be enough to get you back into the parks?

Have a great trip! Just a reminder that they did go back on what they said and are now doing the virtual queue for Rise of the Resistance - similar to in the past but instead of just at park opening there are chances to get them at 10am, then at 1pm and 4pm (if they feel there is additional capacity to give out). From following yesterday the 10am and 4pm passes went in about 30 secs and they didn't even give out any at 4pm .... so can't fully get away from that stress!

Today's D.O.C.'s question - What will inspire you to plan a return trip to the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, FL before Jan 2021?

honestly at this point I am not planning a trip until later 2021 and can't think of what would get me to go down now .... though I think it has more to do with the current situation in Florida more than WDW itself

What will inspire you to plan a return trip to the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, FL before Jan 2021?

The insane AP room discount which might allow me to salvage the Labor Day weekend trip that was scrapped due to the extension of the quarantine order for tri-state residents. Itโ€™s just as good as the TA exclusive rate I had to cancel so I just had her rebook the Poly for the end of September. Iโ€™m an essential worker for the city of NY and am feeling severely burned out after working basically nonstop through the worst of the first wave here, and not always from home. I really didnโ€™t understand how crucial travel was to my mental health until I couldnโ€™t do it anymore.

Admittedly I am still torn. Not because of the limited offeringsโ€”Iโ€™ve been 3 times in the last 2 years, itโ€™s not a big deal to meโ€”but concerns about the virus, and the ethical considerations of a theme park vacation during a pandemic. A lot can change in 2 months and I hope it does for the better, not just for the sake of a trip. But I donโ€™t especially trust the state of FL. My flights are booked on points and fully refundable so weโ€™ll see.

The insane AP room discount which might allow me to salvage the Labor Day weekend trip that was scrapped due to the extension of the quarantine order for tri-state residents. Itโ€™s just as good as the TA exclusive rate I had to cancel so I just had her rebook the Poly for the end of September. Iโ€™m an essential worker for the city of NY and am feeling severely burned out after working basically nonstop through the worst of the first wave here, and not always from home. I really didnโ€™t understand how crucial travel was to my mental health until I couldnโ€™t do it anymore.

Admittedly I am still torn. Not because of the limited offeringsโ€”Iโ€™ve been 3 times in the last 2 years, itโ€™s not a big deal to meโ€”but concerns about the virus, and the ethical considerations of a theme park vacation during a pandemic. A lot can change in 2 months and I hope it does for the better, not just for the sake of a trip. But I donโ€™t especially trust the state of FL. My flights are booked on points and fully refundable so weโ€™ll see.

[QUOTE="TheMaxRebo, post: 62141590, member: 174177"
honestly at this point I am not planning a trip until later 2021 and can't think of what would get me to go down now .... though I think it has more to do with the current situation in Florida more than WDW itself
[/QUOTE]

I agree with both of you. It's not what Disney is or isn't doing, but FL as a whole. Granted we weren't planning another visit until 2021 anyway, but to experience low crowds is appealing, but with having young kids that no matter how many times you tell them to not touch anything will still find a way to touch EVERYTHING!!! I know they'll touch something then itch their face or adjust their mask so the risk of contaminating their masks are just too high right now. We're hoping to go beginning of DEC 2021, but I'm also concerned about taking my son out of school for a week given this upcoming school year is still so much up in the air. Even though it's the following year and only a week all this at home schooling or modified school possibilities makes me nervous about how that will impact his learning going forward.

View attachment 510234
Booking a vacation takes a lot of planning for me because we are pretty far away, and DH & I have difficulty getting time off together so we definitely won't be back by then. Maybe July/August 2021 for us :)

I will be here living vicariously through everyone else! I hope you have an awesome time on your trip :)

@AKL Ranger

Have a great trip!! Give us some updates when youโ€™re there. And as a fellow churro lover (they are criminally underrated) have one for me!

Staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge?

What will inspire me to go back before 2021? When New York lifts its two week quarantine on Florida!

Time for a Quick Poll: Your favorite Disney park snack/dessert
How many D.O.C.'s members would like to vote for the Churro as the unofficial snack/ dessert for the D.O.C's forum? Three options.
  • Zebra domes
  • Churros
  • Mickey Ice Cream Bar
  • Schoolbread (Skolebrรธd) - Epcot Centre - Norway pixiedust:
One of our West Coast Cousins decided we can not live without 'Schoolbread' from our beloved Norway pavilion at Epcot Centre's World Showcase. I added (Skolebrรธd)
Wishing everyone Peace, Love, and Light.

Your AKL Ranger,
๐Ÿฆ ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿฆ“

Last edited:
Oh dear god... churro vs zebra dome?? Sophieโ€™s Choice right here.

I might actually go zebra dome... because every once in a while you get a sour churro. Zebra domes are always perfect. Love grabbing a pack of four from the Mara.

I am going back for the Churros!

View attachment 510739
Wait, what?

One day you'll have to hop over to the West coast for some Disneyland Churros and then we'll talk about going back some place exclusively for churros lol

Have fun on your trip though! Stay safe!

This is my feelings exactly. Also, the main way I've gone to the parks in the past 4 years (and I've somehow managed to go to a park every year since 2016) was through working at the parks soooo I guess whenever that happens again for me too, which might push me out beyond 2021. Granted... I really don't want to miss the 50th anniversary. Even with cuts, I know it's still gonna be HUGE.

How many D.O.C.'s members would like to vote for the Churro as the unofficial snack/ dessert for the D.O.C's forum? Three options.
  • Zebra domes
  • Churros
  • Mickey Ice Cream Bar pixiedust:

Your AKL Ranger,
๐Ÿฆ ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿฆ“

I would like to nominate Schoolbread for this list. If not as a fourth option, then to replace the Mickey Ice Cream Bar option :teeth:

• Zebra domes
  • Churros
  • Mickey Ice Cream Bar
Given those 3 choices, the churros for sure. Zebra domes are okay but not my favorite and I never liked Mickey bars (though I do like Mickey ice cream sandwiches).

The churros need to be the real full size ones, not those tasteless skinny little horseshoe shaped ones they started selling in Mexico.

One day you'll have to hop over to the West coast for some Disneyland Churros and then we'll talk about going back some place exclusively for churros lol

Have fun on your trip though! Stay safe!

This is my feelings exactly. Also, the main way I've gone to the parks in the past 4 years (and I've somehow managed to go to a park every year since 2016) was through working at the parks soooo I guess whenever that happens again for me too, which might push me out beyond 2021. Granted... I really don't want to miss the 50th anniversary. Even with cuts, I know it's still gonna be HUGE.

Hey there @PlutosRHM55
I understand DisneyLand is home to the Best Disney Churros!
It has been five years since my last visit to DisneyLand. I am looking forward to Avengers Campus. You better keep in touch with me, we must plan a D.O.C.'s Family Reunion trip.

Your AKL Ranger,
๐Ÿฆ ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿฆ“

I would like to nominate Schoolbread for this list. If not as a fourth option, then to replace the Mickey Ice Cream Bar option :teeth:
Leave it to the West Coast Cousin @PlutosRHM55 to get fancy. 'La deDa' Schoolbread...
Ok I thought about, I like Schoolbread too :earboy2:
Only because we are family, I will add 'Schoolbread' :rotfl2:

Your AKL Ranger,
๐Ÿฆ ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿฆ“

• Zebra domes
  • Churros
  • Mickey Ice Cream Bar
  • Schoolbread (Skolebrรธd)- Epcot Centre - Norway pixiedust:
One of our West Coast Cousins decided we can not live without 'Schoolbread' from our beloved Norway pavilion at Epcot Centre's World Showcase. I added 'Skolebrรธd.' :earboy2:

One of our West Coast Cousins ( @PlutosRHM55 ) decided we can not live without 'Schoolbread' from our beloved Norway pavilion at Epcot Centre's World Showcase. I added 'Skolebrรธd.' :earboy2:

This yummy Disney World Epcot Centre treat found inside Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe.
Schoolbread (Skolebrรธd) isnโ€™t too sweet! Which may be why it is so popular.
the bread is cross between a Parker house dinner roll and cinnamon roll. It is filled with vanilla custard creme. The bread is topped with vanilla icing and lovely coconut.

mmmm Coconut

My vision of diplomacy, Norway and Mexico became best friends, they celebrate their friendship creating the "After School Churro bread." :love:

Wishing everyone Peace, Love, Light, Churros, Zebra Domes, and SchoolBread.

Your AKL Ranger,
๐Ÿฆ ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿฆ“

Last edited:
Ooooh, I was gonna choose zebra domes, but now that we've added schoolbread...I gotta go schoolbread! But now I'm thinking, what if there were "schoolbread" churros filled with custard and topped with toasted coconut--maybe a little chocolate sauce to dip that in? That would be even better! Annnd now I'm hungry ๐Ÿ˜‹

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter