D23 2024 expectations (Parks & Experiences)

Retired Imagineer Jim Shull. Worked for nearly 33 years with the company. He was on the design for the original Toontown in Disneyland, also did various projects across the domestic and global parks.

You know, I would actually liek to see more new lands centered around a theme rather than a single IP. Mash them togehter - it's okay. It worked in the traditional castle parks for a long time.

You know, I would actually liek to see more new lands centered around a theme rather than a single IP. Mash them togehter - it's okay. It worked in the traditional castle parks for a long time.
What would be the "theme" of zootopia, Moana and Villains all put together, though? Seems very random.

What would be the "theme" of zootopia, Moana and Villains all put together, though? Seems very random.
I feel like Villains land would be its own thing, they had shown it behind Haunted Mansion in concept art and kind of separate from the "beyond BTMRR" area. Not sure what the connection between Moana and Zootopia would be, though, that's an odd marriage. Maybe only one of those goes there (I'm thinking Zootopia) and Moana gets something elsewhere in the park.

Well, I wasn't commenting specifically on those properties, but rather just the idea that every IP needs it's own land. You could certianly have a mixture.

Kinda given up for now since anything will be 2028 at the soonest, but Epic is filling that void very nicely.

However would like to see this back on track., probably be a quicker addition like 2027 if they start now.

RUMOR! TOWER OF TERROR BAR AND LOUNGE COMING TO STUDIOS​

14 April, 2016
Rumors have been swirling around the attraction with the haunted elevator. According to wdwnt.com, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror will soon have a bar and lounge.

That's why I'm hoping Tropical Americas is still replacing Dinoland, a generic land where multiple IPs can live and we can get some new wildlife from an area of the world underrepresented at Animal Kingdom
I’d rather they added a kiddie roller coaster and another spinner to Dinoland where primeval whirl was and put Encanto and South America north of Asia.

That seems unlikely. The utilidors aren’t that wide and lots of other things are on top of them.
Jim Shull (former WDI) is the one who said it on an episode of the Disney Dish Podcast. From the Feb 19, 2024 episode show notes:

Jim Shull says:

Well, let’s think about the purpose of the Utilidor system in the Magic Kingdom. It’s to service restaurants and retail mostly, as well as serving to give the Cast Members a discreet way to enter and exit the guest areas. The Cast Member playing Alice doesn’t disappear down a rabbit hole, she simply walks through a door, steps down a staircase and works to avoid the service vehicles in the Utilidor tunnels.

Also, we need to keep in mind that the Utilidor system isn’t really a tunnel system. It’s really the first floor of the Magic Kingdom. The decision to build Disney’s first park in Florida resulted in the decision to build a level for service and then build the second level above for the rides, shows and attractions. I’ve walked around in the Utilidors and what’s notable is that the system is level and that means the Speedway which is lower than the guest pathway is actually nearly level with the Utilidor tunnel right next to it.
IMG_4390.jpeg

Last edited:
Apparently the utilidors run under the Speedway and that is why they cant do work there.
Jim Shull (former WDI) is the one who said it on an episode of the Disney Dish Podcast. From the Feb 19, 2024 episode show notes:

Jim Shull says:

Well, let’s think about the purpose of the Utilidor system in the Magic Kingdom. It’s to service restaurants and retail mostly, as well as serving to give the Cast Members a discreet way to enter and exit the guest areas. The Cast Member playing Alice doesn’t disappear down a rabbit hole, she simply walks through a door, steps down a staircase and works to avoid the service vehicles in the Utilidor tunnels.

Also, we need to keep in mind that the Utilidor system isn’t really a tunnel system. It’s really the first floor of the Magic Kingdom. The decision to build Disney’s first park in Florida resulted in the decision to build a level for service and then build the second level above for the rides, shows and attractions. I’ve walked around in the Utilidors and what’s notable is that the system is level and that means the Speedway which is lower than the guest pathway is actually nearly level with the Utilidor tunnel right next to it.
View attachment 837661
But it sounds like they're not on top, then, just besides the speedway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter