• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After some initial excitement over this post, I called the SWGE reservation line. I was told all DLRH guests will pick up their wristbands at Launch Bay.

I have also reached out to the Instagram account holder in an attempt to confirm the legitimacy of the information. Guess we will find out soon enough.
There is a lot of rampant speculation going on. Who really knows what’s true but we will know in a few days. Makes better sense for those with 8am reservations, to get wristbands at hotel check in or esplanade on day of rather than at Launch Bay. I just hate not knowing as my reservation is on the 31st at 8am so reluctantly I’ll be the guinea pig.

We have a (free) reservation for Sunday 6/2 @ 8am. But Later booked a stay at DLH from Sat-Sun through a third party. I never got an email regarding a hotel based reservation because that is my desired time. But I wanted to call to confirm if there was an advantage between hotel reservations vs free reservations

I was told that we can check in during the hotel check in. Therefore avoiding Launch Bay. She told me this before finding my hotel based SWGE reservation, which is 8am. Since I booked through a third party, they don’t have anyone’s name but my own. She said that will be taken cared of at check in and everyone in my party must be present

Anyone else have a third party hotel reservation? I normally book direct but the rate was too high this late in the game. I went with saving $120+ for a premium room

Also on top of this when guests check in at Launch Bay they will be given the entrance to use for SWGE. Each time slot will be using a different entrance.

Guests with hotel stays will receive a QR code in their email and/or at check in at the hotel. Your entire party with IDs must be present at check in at Launch Bay. Once they have their wristbands they are good to go.

After some initial excitement over this post, I called the SWGE reservation line. I was told all DLRH guests will pick up their wristbands at Launch Bay.

I have also reached out to the Instagram account holder in an attempt to confirm the legitimacy of the information. Guess we will find out soon enough.
The SWGE reservation line told me this as well. All guests will receive their wristbands at Launch Bay. You will get a QR code via email or at Check In to redeem the wristbands at Launch Bay.

Also on top of this when guests check in at Launch Bay they will be given the entrance to use for SWGE. Each time slot will be using a different entrance...
This could be a little awkward for those needing DAS if they get an entrance that doesn't have/is far from the one with the new Information Kiosk, e.g the Critter Country entrance. I wonder if all the Kiosks can give return times for MFSR? (The CMs I spoke with on Sunday were emphasizing the Kiosk just outside the Big Thunder Trail entrance to SWGE, but there is a green umbrella in TL not far from Launch Bay which would be more convenient to use just after checking in.)

Ok. Thank you. Again, the more I think about it, going to a kiosk is different than going to the ride and the CM saying the line is short, and if you are looking to get on it, might as well be now. That was WDW. Wasn't all the time, but a couple of times, especially around rope drop when lines were short.

Thanks again for helping me work through that, and it seems like there should be no issue for 8 am reservations.

Yes, that's what I wondered as well. We did get denied once at DL in the morning when a ride had a very short wait, but I think we just had a cranky CM that day. I'm hoping they'll just issue a return time for any DAS holder no matter what the ride wait time is.

We have a (free) reservation for Sunday 6/2 @ 8am. But Later booked a stay at DLH from Sat-Sun through a third party. I never got an email regarding a hotel based reservation because that is my desired time. But I wanted to call to confirm if there was an advantage between hotel reservations vs free reservations

I was told that we can check in during the hotel check in. Therefore avoiding Launch Bay. She told me this before finding my hotel based SWGE reservation, which is 8am. Since I booked through a third party, they don’t have anyone’s name but my own. She said that will be taken cared of at check in and everyone in my party must be present

Anyone else have a third party hotel reservation? I normally book direct but the rate was too high this late in the game. I went with saving $120+ for a premium room
Who did you call that said you would get checked in for SWGE at hotel check in

Safe Travels!

Thank you! :)

This info might help. I was on with the hotel GE reservation line yesterday and the cm offered up this gem without my even asking, ALL EXCLUSIVE MERCH WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE INSIDE OF GE!!! I sure hope that’s true. She seemed very confident about it, but I would verify and confirm it.

Thanks for sharing, I really hope it’s true too!

1. Star Wars Galaxys Edge will open to ALL guests at general park opening hours
  2. Once capacity has been reached, Disney will open the virtual queuing system
  3. There are 2 ways to access the virtual queuing system A. By using the Disneyland App B. By using a Fastpass kiosk and obtaining a paper Boarding Group ticket
  4. You will be assigned a Boarding Group with a specific time to enter Star Wars Galaxys Edge
  5. When you Boarding Time opens you will be alerted through the APP
  6. If you are not using the APP and have obtained a paper Boarding Group ticket , you will need to check the Digital Display Monitors to see when your Boarding Group opens. There will be no return time on the paper Boarding Group ticket
  7. Once your Boarding Group opens, you will have 2 hours to check into Star Wars Galaxys Edge. This means that if you get an alert that your Boarding Group can enter Star Wars Galaxys Edge, and you are in line at Radiator Springs Racers in California Adventures, you can still ride Radiator Springs Racers. You will have plenty of time to get back to Star Wars Galaxys Edge.
  8. Once inside Star Wars Galaxys Edge, there will be no time limit on how long you can stay

Any clues on how they will handle the stampede to SWGE once rope drops since they won't start the virtual queue until the land reaches capacity? I can envision the rush to PP each morning on steroids.

most likely. Im sure there will be plenty of reports of what happens each day

Any word on fastpasses for the ride(s)? I don't see how they could possibly have a fastpass system while this queue system is in place?? My thought was to not head straight there and just pull a "boarding pass" as soon as they are open, but I have a feeling the wait for the Millennium Falcon Ride will be insane and just get longer as the day goes with no time limit. I would be ok skipping this year, but 11 yo DS will not!

Any word on fastpasses for the ride(s)? I don't see how they could possibly have a fastpass system while this queue system is in place?? My thought was to not head straight there and just pull a "boarding pass" as soon as they are open, but I have a feeling the wait for the Millennium Falcon Ride will be insane and just get longer as the day goes with no time limit. I would be ok skipping this year, but 11 yo DS will not!

This is my plan for June 30. Im heading to Fantasyland at ropedrop and will check for a boarding pass about 10am. When Tower of Terror changed to Guardians of The Galaxys standby was up to 4 hours. My plan along is just to experience the land, and to skip Millennium Falcon. I know I will be back in June 2020, so Im going to wait until then , when hopefully the wait times will have calmed down a bit

Disney had previously said that Fast Pass for MF would not be available right away. I guess they will gauge how the virtual queue system works before proceeding.

4. You will be assigned a Boarding Group with a specific time to enter Star Wars Galaxys Edge

Just a question for clarification, when you get your boarding group in the morning, you’ll get a number but won’t know what time, right? Then later in the day when enough people have left the land for your boarding group to be able to enter you’ll be notified that you have two hours to get there, right? And the monitors and app will let folks know what boarding group is in now (kinda a ‘currently serving’ thing), so you can gauge your wait?

Am I understanding correctly?

I think I'm just going to resign myself to the fact that we won't get to ride MF in September. There is just no way we can wait multiple hours to ride it with a six year old in tow. And I don't know that the stampede for "second" rope drop will look like, but it kinda scares me to think about it. Maybe we will just walk around after our magic morning on our Thursday there. We'll plan to ride it in Sept 2020...hopefully.

Just a question for clarification, when you get your boarding group in the morning, you’ll get a number but won’t know what time, right? Then later in the day when enough people have left the land for your boarding group to be able to enter you’ll be notified that you have two hours to get there, right? And the monitors and app will let folks know what boarding group is in now (kinda a ‘currently serving’ thing), so you can gauge your wait?

Am I understanding correctly?

correct, thats how I understand it.

Example
  1. 10am Disney start the virtual queue, and I get a paper Boarding Group Pass from the Kiosk. This says my Boarding Group is 1F.
  2. At 2pm, they put notices on the digital display monitors and on the App, that Boarding Group 1F may now enter Star Wars Galaxys Edge.
  3. I can check in with the CM's and enter Star Wars Galaxys Edge any time between 2pm and 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter