• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 GOTG Previews?

disrunner9

Earning My Ears
I know that the email went out to gold members for D23 previews happening for GOTG. Has anyone received any more info on dates or when registration might open? (I'm assuming not since DVC still hasn't had any info).

Thanks!

The initial D23 announcement said "this week," but I haven't seen anything since.

I know that the email went out to gold members for D23 previews happening for GOTG. Has anyone received any more info on dates or when registration might open? (I'm assuming not since DVC still hasn't had any info).

Thanks!
It went out this afternoon and is posted on the AP preview thread and another one.

D23 Announcement

Event Includes:

• Parking and park admission with park reservation to EPCOT after 4 p.m. on Sunday, May 15, 2022
  • $20 dining card to enjoy the EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival (or other dining location of your choice)
  • Reserved viewing for Harmonious
  • Exclusive entry to preview of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
$35 per person (plus $5 processing fee). Tickets will go on sale on Tuesday, April 12, 2022, at 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET in the provided link below.

https://d23.com/d23-event/d23-gold-member-preview-guardians-of-the-galaxy-cosmic-rewind-at-epcot/

I think I may have to work in a quick trip just for it, I'm just still not sure about this ride. I don't like coasters that go backwards and from what I understand it starts out backwards and it also spins. I just don't know. I hope I'm reading it right and that we don't require to purchase a park ticket for that day as this gets us into the park after 4pm?

I want to go to this event but I have a question for anyone who has attended a similar event. We’re a family of six and since we’d be limited to two tickets per member that would leave two of us without tickets. My youngest two are too young to ride the ride anyway. But my question is what would they do for the younger two? Can we take turns on the ride during the event? Like two go on the ride while two wait with the younger two. Then swap. Or would they kick us out because the youngest two wouldn’t have tickets? Anyone done something like this before or have ideas on how we can handle it?

I want to go to this event but I have a question for anyone who has attended a similar event. We’re a family of six and since we’d be limited to two tickets per member that would leave two of us without tickets. My youngest two are too young to ride the ride anyway. But my question is what would they do for the younger two? Can we take turns on the ride during the event? Like two go on the ride while two wait with the younger two. Then swap. Or would they kick us out because the youngest two wouldn’t have tickets? Anyone done something like this before or have ideas on how we can handle it?
every single person attending needs tickets so it wont work for you unfortunately,its unlikely both of you would have gotten tickets anyway if it helps.

At least D23 is getting a lot of money with all of the new Gold Memberships that people are signing up to attempt to get one of the limited spots. I feel like there will be less than 500 Tickets sold so if 250 memebers get 2 tickets each, this is going to sell out in less than a minute.

D23 is a joke! I tried to get tickets - the queue said it would appoint people like a lottery. I lost. I'm not happy and I'm going to let D23 know that.

Of course, with the way Disney is, they won't care. Walt is turning over in his grave by the lack of consideration and courtesy that is now being shown to his guests.

Last edited:
I just joined D23 (gold duo so we had a crack at 3 tix total) and of course didn't get tix. i wonder if there is a cold feet refund on D23. no use for it. not a great way to kick off my may 12-23 trip. now i am just waiting to see what happens with the crowd calendar for may. if it explodes like recent months in time for me to postpone disney indefinitely, i will. i am unexpectedly annoyed that the GoTG opening 3 days after my trip ends is affecting me so much. I am wondering if epcot will be more crowded in the weeks beforehand due to the preview events.

I just joined D23 (gold duo so we had a crack at 3 tix total) and of course didn't get tix. i wonder if there is a cold feet refund on D23. no use for it. not a great way to kick off my may 12-23 trip. now i am just waiting to see what happens with the crowd calendar for may. if it explodes like recent months in time for me to postpone disney indefinitely, i will. i am unexpectedly annoyed that the GoTG opening 3 days after my trip ends is affecting me so much. I am wondering if epcot will be more crowded in the weeks beforehand due to the preview events.
The terms of purchase state that gold membership is non transferable, non refundable.

D23 is a joke! I tried to get tickets - the queue said it would appoint people like a lottery. I lost. I'm not happy and I'm going to let D23 know that.

Of course, with the way Disney is, they won't care. Walt is turning over in his grave by the lack of consideration and courtesy that is now being shown to his guests.
It was well known and advertised that the tickets were very limited and not everyone would get them.
I figured. I certainly expected it. Still stings. Thanks!
(yes I am a little bitter right

It was well known and advertised that the tickets were very limited and not everyone would get them.
I figured. I certainly expected it. Still stings. Thanks!
(yes I am a little bitter right

Oh it is totally understandable that you are disappointed. If it makes you feel any better, the tickets were extremely limited and D23 gold membership was over 100,000 members at the beginning of the year, so there are a lot of people in the same boat.

Oh it is totally understandable that you are disappointed. If it makes you feel any better, the tickets were extremely limited and D23 gold membership was over 100,000 members at the beginning of the year, so there are a lot of people in the same boat.
Wow, I had no idea! Thanks for letting me vent. :)

Yeah I started waiting for the virtual queue an hour before and right at 1 I had 28 mins in the virtual queue and then at 1:08 all the tickets were in peoples carts. They only had 500 I believe with each person allowed to get 2, that’s quick to go unfortunately.
329050F2-9C87-484F-97B7-758497D18B8B.jpeg

I had my laptop, phone, and my wife's phone ready to go. I was able to get tickets on my phone. The computers had an hour long wait. Probably just plain luck. Not sure why they won't hold the event over a few days to give more fans the opportunity to preview.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter