DAS renewal window and how to do it

cdurham1

Most magical at the most magical place on Earth
DVC Platinum
I got a DAS pass at the very end of July. I am going back September 18. What is the best way for me to renew or reactivate the pass for my trip? Ny first day will be at HS. I would prefer to do it in advance since I have anxiety dealing with them .

At this point "in advance" can really only mean once you arrive but not at the time you plan to enter a park. Some people have been successful renewing at an outside the park Guest Relations window on arrival day/evening. Unfortunately, I don't see the new program rolling out within the next week.

You can go to guest services outside a park (there are guest services both inside and outside the gates at each of the 4 parks) prior to your first park day. We've done that on our last several trips, where we didn't enter a park until the next day. You can't yet do it in advance off-site though.

At this point "in advance" can really only mean once you arrive but not at the time you plan to enter a park. Some people have been successful renewing at an outside the park Guest Relations window on arrival day/evening. Unfortunately, I don't see the new program rolling out within the next week.
OT - had read rather unusual accounts of folks waiting outside in GS lines then, being told they needed to talk to GS inside park.

Any idea if that is true/common currently?

OT - had read rather unusual accounts of folks waiting outside in GS lines then, being told they needed to talk to GS inside park.

I don't know how common, but it is possible. The outside location doesn't always have the correct equipment. Or sometimes they are really busy with ticket issues. In those situations they will direct people to go to the inside-the-park location for DAS.

In April of this year I stood on the line outside the gate at AK and when I got to the front the CM told me I had to go inside to get DAS renewed.

Just what happened to us and it was the one and only time I tried outside the gate.

I have always had to go to GR in the park, with the exception of Epcot at the International gateway. They have been able to help set my DAS up.

I renewed mine in HS in August. I did it at the blue umbrella inside the park. There was 1 person in front of me. Much easier and quicker than the long line at GR in the front of the park.

In April of this year I stood on the line outside the gate at AK and when I got to the front the CM told me I had to go inside to get DAS renewed.

Just what happened to us and it was the one and only time I tried outside the gate.
Used to see CM at head of line directing folks by need not sure if still a thing Certainly helpful to avoid a long unnecessary wait

We got ours at the International gate at Epcot. Security was awesome in letting us go to guest services. We didn’t even have to wait in line. We were there around noon.

We got ours at the International gate at Epcot. Security was awesome in letting us go to guest services. We didn’t even have to wait in line. We were there around noon.

I'm confused by what security would have to do with 'letting' you go to guest services? They don't ask for park tickets when you go through security (we also went to GS at the international gate last November on a non-park day). I've also gone through security at MK just while on a run around the lake, and not heading into the parks.

I just had my DAS renewed on Sunday at HS. I also have anxiety, but the process was extremely straightforward. I told the cast member I wanted to renew, we stepped to the side of the building, scanned my card, asked who else was there, and done. It was the same when I renewed in MK early this year.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you have a great trip!

I just had my DAS renewed on Sunday at HS. I also have anxiety, but the process was extremely straightforward. I told the cast member I wanted to renew, we stepped to the side of the building, scanned my card, asked who else was there, and done. It was the same when I renewed in MK early this year.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you have a great trip!
Oh, thank you so much. That makes me feel so much better!

I'm confused by what security would have to do with 'letting' you go to guest services? They don't ask for park tickets when you go through security (we also went to GS at the international gate last November on a non-park day). I've also gone through security at MK just while on a run around the lake, and not heading into the parks.

Our first time was this past December. Security asked what we needed at Guest Services. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I mean each person could have a different experience. I don’t know why my phrasing required a response or maybe I’m just misreading your tone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter