DAS requesting the 2 rides per day

sandrews0608

Mouseketeer
So I am confused in regards to the timing of when we should be initiating the chat to request DAS. I thought it was 30 days from the end of your trip so that all of your days were within the 30 day requirement. I have now been hearing some are doing it 30 days from the beginning of their trip and are still able to book the 2 rides for their entire trip. My first park reservation day is 1/8, so I am not sure if I can request the chat on 1/9 or 1/16.
HELP!

Experiences seem to vary. There’s no harm in trying now, you could at least get a day or two done, and then wait for the rest if you have to. If you’re going for more difficult rides like Slinky Dog, it’s probably better to request as early as possible (that one we couldn’t get).

The only harm I guess is to wait for hours for the chat to be told you have to do it again and wait for hours again. I was just hoping to avoid that if at all possible. I tried doing a cast member chat on the Disney website yesterday, but I couldn't get a straight answer!

The WDW website information about DAS still says this (my bold):

« Eligible Guests can now pre-register for DAS Advance virtually with a Cast Member, using live video chat. Please note that you may pre-register as soon as 30 days in advance of a park visit, but no less than 2 days before arrival.
During the registration chat, you will be able to work with a Cast Member to book up to 2 one-hour return windows for select experiences using our new DAS Advance planning option (you may also make additional DAS selections on the day of your visit). Please note that all park visits must be within 30 to 2 days of the live chat. «

I don’t know why some people have been able to complete the process when their trip doesn’t fall into what is written on the website. My GUESS is that it may have to do with whether or not you have a hotel reservation at a WDW resort. If you do, the CM can see it on you My Disney Experience

The WDW website information about DAS still says this (my bold):

« Eligible Guests can now pre-register for DAS Advance virtually with a Cast Member, using live video chat. Please note that you may pre-register as soon as 30 days in advance of a park visit, but no less than 2 days before arrival.
During the registration chat, you will be able to work with a Cast Member to book up to 2 one-hour return windows for select experiences using our new DAS Advance planning option (you may also make additional DAS selections on the day of your visit). Please note that all park visits must be within 30 to 2 days of the live chat. «

I don’t know why some people have been able to complete the process when their trip doesn’t fall into what is written on the website. My GUESS is that it may have to do with whether or not you have a hotel reservation at a WDW resort. If you do, the CM can see it on you My Disney Experience

Yes this is why I thought that I had to wait until 12/16 since my last day is 12/15. I am staying on site at Saratoga Springs. When I chatted with a cast member yesterday she made it sound like I could do it all on 11/9, but wouldn't answer my question directly. Not sure if I should try it or not. If I possibly can than I would rather do it sooner to possibly get better ride time options, but really don't want to have to do the chat more than once.

Has anyone on here actually been able to do it from 30 days from the beginning of their trip for their entire trip? I have only seen reports on a Facebook group that I am a member of.

We registered 31 days out from our last day, presuming that we wouldn't get the 2 reserved for the last day. To our surprise, they let us schedule the last day. No idea if they would let you do that for the whole trip, but they did let us go 1 day over the 30.

We had to register over a weekend, and I wasn't sure I'd be able to dedicate all day to the chat on Sunday, so we'd have given up the last day if we had to, but could still pre-register.

Has anyone else been able to register before all of their park days were within 30 days. I just don't know if it is worth trying tomorrow or waiting a week.

Just to report back I was able to preregister this morning and do the 2 rides per day for my entire trip. I logged into the Disney website at 6:30 this morning and agreed to the terms. I hit the chat button right at 7:00. At 7:42 am Winifred came on to do the video chat. y 7:47 I was transferred to do the ride selection which is just through the chat box. I was completely done by 8:09!!!!!!!!!!!

For those that just did the process, do they ask your kids questions? Our daughter has a diagnosed sensory processing disorder, and its a valid reason to use DAS, which we have several times in the past via in person registration. But they have never asked her questions. Just wondering if we need to explain the new process to her?

How do I setup a discussion with Disneyworld about my autistic grandson? I have found on disney site were they have guest services but can't find were I can sign up for a discussion.

How do I setup a discussion with Disneyworld about my autistic grandson? I have found on disney site were they have guest services but can't find were I can sign up for a discussion.
This is a link to the WDW website page about DAS
You should check out that page first, then there is a link on that page to get into the video chat for DAS registration. It’s important to look at the information on that page to make sure you have what you need to register.
NOTE: DAS can be requested by the person who will actually use it (if they are over 18 and able to request it themselves) or a parent or legal guardian. People who don’t fit those categories can’t request it for someone.
The person DAS is being requested for needs to be on the video chat, at least long enough to be introduced and have their picture taken if they are approved for DAS.

These are links to some other resources that may be helpful:
WDW website page for Guests with Autism & Cognitive Disabilities
WDW Guide for Guests with Cognitive Disabilities
WDW website guide to attraction details

Link to disABILITIES Board Summary thread about WDW DAS changes - the first post has been kept updated with how things work.

Just to report back I was able to preregister this morning and do the 2 rides per day for my entire trip. I logged into the Disney website at 6:30 this morning and agreed to the terms. I hit the chat button right at 7:00. At 7:42 am Winifred came on to do the video chat. y 7:47 I was transferred to do the ride selection which is just through the chat box. I was completely done by 8:09!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you initiate the video chat 30 days prior to your first day, or 30 days prior to your last day?

I was able to get the 2 advance ride reservations for all park days even though all were not within 30 days. I didn't have to ask... they just gave them to me.

I was able to get the 2 advance ride reservations for all park days even though all were not within 30 days. I didn't have to ask... they just gave them to me.
Are you staying at a WDW resort?
Curious if that might be why - because they can see your whole stay?

Thanks - I’m guessing that since the phone CMs can see on-site resort reservation, they are able to do the entire stay on those.
All the people I’ve seen reporting being able to do past 30 days have been staying on-site.

Do you start your park day with those two rides and then just go up to rides as normal for return times for the rest of the day as usual? Sorry if this has been asked/answered somewhere, we are usually not in the park until 10/11am.

*I found the answers to this in the thread above if you want to delete!*

Last edited:
Do you start your park day with those two rides and then just go up to rides as normal for return times for the rest of the day as usual? Sorry if this has been asked/answered somewhere, we are usually not in the park until 10/11am.

*I found the answers to this in the thread above if you want to delete!*

No they can be scheduled any time of the day based on availability. You can request a time or time range when you are on the chat.

Is there any way to avoid hours/days uh holding to set up DAS and selections in advance? I'm on my 5th try and I've already spent several hours!:crutches:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter