DAS + SWAP at Disneyland

A_hepler

Earning My Ears
Hello, we are leaving next week for Disneyland and I’m looking for experience on baby swapping with DAS. I’m traveling with a big group, there are 10 of us in all. They wouldn’t let us all be on the same DAS (which is pretty disappointing since we are there as a family together!) My daughter with a physical disability holds one DAS and my nephew with special needs holds the other. So everyone is technically on a DAS pass. However, my nephew can not handle certain rides and three of the people on his pass would still like to ride sometimes. Since we would need to swap for my nephew (and possibly my youngest son) anyway, when one of my older daughters and I swap, would I be able to have three additional riders (not on the DAS for my daughter) ride with me? (I am on her pass.) I hope this makes sense. I’d love to hear if anyone else has experience with this. I did search for similar threads and couldn’t find any specific information.

Disneyland is much stricter on the 6 person maximum than WDW, mostly due to space constraints at most of the alternative entrances, especially an issue on the Disneyland side vs DCA.

Unofficially, at some attractions, like Pirates if you let the CM know you have more in your party they will often let the entire party go in on the DAS, especially if you are very polite about it and just ask if there are any accommodations that can be made. My point here, is politley explain the situation when you go to a ride where this is an issue and they might be able to come up with an unofficial solution on a per ride basis. They might not, but it never hurts to ask, again kindness will get you far with this, as they get alot of demanding people that make it clear they feel entitled, if instead you have the attitude of we know these are the rules and will abide by them, but would greatly appreciate anything extra you might be able to do, you are more likely to be helped out. To that end, be sure to get names of CMs that do go above and beyond in figuring something out and go to Guest relations to give guest compliments about them, it really does a lot for them and Guest Relations loves hearing the good after hearing so many complaints all day.

Hello, we are leaving next week for Disneyland and I’m looking for experience on baby swapping with DAS. I’m traveling with a big group, there are 10 of us in all. They wouldn’t let us all be on the same DAS (which is pretty disappointing since we are there as a family together!) My daughter with a physical disability holds one DAS and my nephew with special needs holds the other. So everyone is technically on a DAS pass. However, my nephew can not handle certain rides and three of the people on his pass would still like to ride sometimes. Since we would need to swap for my nephew (and possibly my youngest son) anyway, when one of my older daughters and I swap, would I be able to have three additional riders (not on the DAS for my daughter) ride with me? (I am on her pass.) I hope this makes sense. I’d love to hear if anyone else has experience with this. I did search for similar threads and couldn’t find any specific information.
Rider Swap can't be used with the DAS pass, because the DAS holder has to ride. So if your party wanted to ride a ride w/o nephew, you would either (1) have to get a genie+ return time for that ride or (2) wait in the standby line and at the end of the standby line, then the second half of the party (up to 3, so you and 2 more) can use the lightning lane to use rider swap. You cannot get a return time for your nephew's DAS pass, then use that return time to rider switch.

That’s not exactly what I meant. I do understand what you are saying but that doesn’t directly apply to what I was asking. Thanks though.

Disneyland is much stricter on the 6 person maximum than WDW, mostly due to space constraints at most of the alternative entrances, especially an issue on the Disneyland side vs DCA.

Unofficially, at some attractions, like Pirates if you let the CM know you have more in your party they will often let the entire party go in on the DAS, especially if you are very polite about it and just ask if there are any accommodations that can be made. My point here, is politley explain the situation when you go to a ride where this is an issue and they might be able to come up with an unofficial solution on a per ride basis. They might not, but it never hurts to ask, again kindness will get you far with this, as they get alot of demanding people that make it clear they feel entitled, if instead you have the attitude of we know these are the rules and will abide by them, but would greatly appreciate anything extra you might be able to do, you are more likely to be helped out. To that end, be sure to get names of CMs that do go above and beyond in figuring something out and go to Guest relations to give guest compliments about them, it really does a lot for them and Guest Relations loves hearing the good after hearing so many complaints all day.
Thank you very much! I will definitely keep this mind. It does seem like purchasing the Genie + might be the best option. Do you know if they scan every ticket and check names to enter the DAS line each time? Like if my daughter with the DAS gets a return time, can I have them scan 5 additional tickets to go with her and will they mind if I scan my ticket but send my aunt or older nephew (who aren’t on my daughter’s DAS in my place?) as long we we don’t exceed the number of people and present the proper tickets to be scan (I’m thinking in terms of magic bands here, I don’t really understand they do handle this at DL) do they double check that it’s the right people beyond the person who holds the DAS? I hope this makes sense what I’m typing 😜

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter