DATS - Drink Around The Ship!

My pleasure!

Last trip I was planning on getting one of the refillable beer mugs. Never did. It could be in order for DATS. ::yes::

Me too George! A lot of my plans went out the window when I got on board. :confused3 I guess the excitement got the best of me. :lmao:

We pre-ordered Gav's and we had a card when we got to the stateroom which we took to Diversions to pick it up :thumbsup2 They filled it for the first time too which we weren't expecting ;)

They are surprisingly heavy though even without beer in! I was expecting a plastic one like you get in Epcot Germany so bear that in mind if the weight of your luggage is limited ;)

I'm a rookie, so please bare with me. It IS okay to bring your own liquor/wine on board? Also, a refillable beer mug? Is this for real (ie. a Disney approved), and if so, what is the cost?

I'm a rookie, so please bare with me. It IS okay to bring your own liquor/wine on board? Also, a refillable beer mug? Is this for real (ie. a Disney approved), and if so, what is the cost?

Yes, you are allowed to bring your own liquor on board, as long as it is in your carry on, is not yet opened, and isn't on ice. Same goes for soda. I brought some Diet Dr. Pepper on along with some adult beverages.

You may bring alcohol on board. It MUST be in your carry on. Any open containers getting off the ship must be discarded, so buy small or drink big.

Yes, there is a refillable beer mug, but I don't know the details.

You may bring alcohol on board. It MUST be in your carry on. Any open containers getting off the ship must be discarded, so buy small or drink big.

Yes, there is a refillable beer mug, but I don't know the details.

They are coming without any kid-lets. Which do you think they should do?:thumbsup2:goodvibes

The refillable beer mugs works like this - you buy (pre-order or on board) the glass stein for $14.99 and then every time you get a beer if you have the mug they will fill it rather than giving you the standard size (you pay the same for each beer but get more) :thumbsup2

The refillable beer mugs works like this - you buy (pre-order or on board) the glass stein for $14.99 and then every time you get a beer if you have the mug they will fill it rather than giving you the standard size (you pay the same for each beer but get more) :thumbsup2

Probably my best purchase of the whole trip. They replaced the glass with a clean one on most occasions, which was great if they had any chilling in the fridge. I got into the habit of asking each time I had it refilled, just in case!

Probably my best purchase of the whole trip. They replaced the glass with a clean one on most occasions, which was great if they had any chilling in the fridge. I got into the habit of asking each time I had it refilled, just in case!
Thanks! I am all in for this. :thumbsup2

I was also surprised when they grabbed a clean mug and put mine into the dishwasher the first time. :thumbsup2
One night, being a regular in a certain nightclub :rolleyes1 , I had forgotten my mug in my stateroom, and the bartender gave me one making me promise to return it at the end of the night, which I did.
Even with bringing our own drinks onboard, we still had a significant bar bill at the end. :drinking1

You only get that kind of service on the cruise eh John :thumbsup2

So what's everyone's fav place for a drink on the ship?
...and the most interesting drink you tried?

Hmmmm...we really only had drinks in a few places...we were in Wavebands every night...we did stop in the Cadillac Lounge on the last full day. I had my favorite drink there...the Mae West Martini! Not sure what was in it, but it was good stuff...:thumbsup2

The oddest drink that I had was called a Caipirinha. I used to work with some guys from Brazil and each year at the holiday party, they would make these drinks. It's basically lime, sugar, and some kind of sugarcane alcohol. We called it Brazilian Moonshine...oh that stuff got me every danged time too...:rolleyes1

The most interesting drink I had was one I brought myself...box wine drunk out of a plastic water bottle. Does nothing for the wine, let me tell ya.:upsidedow

The oddest drink that I had was called a Caipirinha. I used to work with some guys from Brazil and each year at the holiday party, they would make these drinks. It's basically lime, sugar, and some kind of sugarcane alcohol. We called it Brazilian Moonshine...oh that stuff got me every danged time too...:rolleyes1

Geez, just add mint and that's a Mojito (rum being a sugarcane alcohol, and all...)

Favorite place to drink on the Wonder was anyplace willing to serve me. My favorite drink was the Stingray on Castway Cay. Yummy.

The most interesting drink I had was one I brought myself...box wine drunk out of a plastic water bottle. Does nothing for the wine, let me tell ya.:upsidedow

And you swore it was Crystal Lite! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Wavebands was my favorite and I tried and loved Pinot Grigio for the first time. It's not interesting, but my goal was to try new things and I found a lot of foods and drinks I really liked.

I will be there next time with John.
The way I am figuring it, I will be able to do alot more things on the next cruise that I missed out on due to having to put the boys to bed.
By the time we sail on the next podcast cruise DS Kenny will be 13.:yay::dance3:
So I figure he can put his little brother to bed and then put himself to bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter