Day 11 – IOA (or it’s far too hot for me).

udnylad

Mouseketeer
Tuesday 16th July

Cast:
Me- Morven (aka Undylad)
Suzanne – DW
Kerri – DD (7)
Liam – DS (5) - the chicken strip eater.

Alarm again set for 7:00am. Everyone is a little bit slower to respond this morning. Feeling the pace perhaps ? :D
Breakfast in the room this morning. Arrived at Universal at 9:30am. First stop was Seuss Landing and Suzanne was dispatched to get Express Passes for The Hulk. The children and I rode Caro-Sueuss-el then One Fish, Two Fish and finally Cat in a Hat. When we finish Cat in a Hat, we find Suzanne waiting outside not looking too happy. She has been having problems with my park pass not reading on the Express Pass machines. Suzanne and the children ride Cat in a Hat again, since as it broke down the first time. We then headed for The Hulk. Suzanne rode it first and then we child swapped. Great coaster but still prefer the Kraken. We grabbed some pasta for lunch and then headed in a clockwise direction from Marvel Super Hero Island. It was mad hot, over 100 Deg C now, the queues were pretty bad, so we passed on all the rides until Liam spots the Flying Unicorn. There was a twenty minute wait time posted so we joined the queue. Liam loved it but Kerri just said “it was silly and not worth the wait”. Boy, don’t they grow up fast. :D
We were beaten again by the heat and retreated back to the car. It is such a looooong walk back to the car park. We headed straight back to the AS Movies and we followed our now normal routine of chilling in the room before heading for the Duck Pond Pool. Dinner was taken care of the Food Court. Chicken strips of course for Liam. Cheese and Tomato Pizza for Kerri and a filled Tortia thing for Suzanne and myself. Lights out by 10:00pm. An early night!?
We were not sure quite what to expect from IOA, but both Suzanne and myself were not overly impressed, we found it very noisy (no escape for the noise and background music), cramped (or perhaps we just experienced a very busy and hot day) and just not for us. This will change when the children are a bit older, I am sure. :rolleyes:

Tomorrow – Universal (or Jaws the revenge Part Ten).

Wow - 100 degrees, phew, that's a lot of :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: .

We've not visited IOA yet - planned in a couple of weeks time. Not being huge thrill seeker riders, I suspect there'll be quite a few thing we won't be going on, but still intrigued to have a look around.

See the Chicken Strip King was at it again;) I'm sure you all enjoyed your "early" night, too. Recharge the old batteries for the next day;)

Waiting for the next one now, please:D

Wow - so hot!

IOA is my dream of a theme park! But the kids aren't so keen - too many thrill rides for them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter