day 5 - scores remain even

Aprilimgoing

Mouseketeer
Ok score Tanya not doing very well
Tanya 9 Amanda 3

Day 5……Islands of Adventure – “keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle you will wet”

Wake up 08:00 and decide to go to Sizzler for their breakfast buffet, brilliant value $3.99……….So much to eat, shame I had the Ill Elf with me otherwise I could have really pigged out.

Then up I-Drive and off to Islands of Adventure. First things first, Fast Pass to Spiderman, and as we have found on other days time indicated on ticket is now so we walk straight on. This is superb; we both really loved this and hope to do it again later. Today the weather is very hot, so we head for the wet rides. First it’s Dudley do right falls………………..lurve this…. such a drop………Amanda begun her Mantra of What goes up must come down”. Not too wet, so it’s onto the Bilge yard rat ride thingy…
“Keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle you will get wet”
When they tell you will get wet they are not joking, this was brilliant, there was a young boy about 9 or 10 sitting opposite us, it did not matter where the boat went, he got the wettest, his little face was a picture…we loved this and when we got off we were absolutely soaked through, would have been drier if we swam around. Have got a photo of us when we got off so when I have vetted it will post it on boards as a warning. It took did not take me long to dry, but Amanda had those brush cotton shorts on and took hours to dry out, soggy knickers were the order of the day.

Stop for a quick drink, then off to the land of Dr Zeuss, had a turn on the cat in the hat and then off to duelling dragons. Amanda does not like the big roller coasters, so I did the Ice dragon on my own, again got a fast pass, and walked straight on. Funny though although I enjoyed it, it was not as much fun as when you go on with someone else. Then off to Jurassic Park where again there was no queue, and straight on. Both enjoyed this.
We actually left the park at 2pm and went to Denny’s for lunch in I-Drive. Amanda had Burger and fries I had BLT Sandwich and a coke. Arrived back at hotel and laid in the sunshine until 6 0’clock.

Decided that this evening we would go to Down town Disney to do some gift shopping, and try for a reservation at the Rainforest café, but did not hold out much hope. When we arrived back in the hotel room from the pool. It was now 6 ish the maids were in the room cleaning, so we hovered about a bit, they did not smile, speak or anything, eventually they left and we got ready to go out.
Surprise surprise we found our way to down town Disney really easily, and headed straight towards the rainforest café. I asked if there was a chance of a table for 2 and they told us to come back in half an hour, which we did and were seated straight away.
Pigged out here I am afraid, knowing I would suffer tomorrow, but I had been so good so far, I could not resist.
When we finished a quick flit around the shops and its home. On the way back I spotted an Armadillo, got very excited about it, Amanda thinks I was hallucinating and the sun had got to my head…but I know what I saw.

Home to bed, usual coffee, TV and bed.

Tomorrow last full day Typhoon Lagoon and where did I leave my bag

So the scores today remain the same

Tanya 9
Amanda 3

Tomorrer last full day? Say it ain't so!

I've enjoyed yer adventure,Tanya and don't want it to end.

Can you pretend that your holiday went on longer and just make stuff up. They are such a good read. Carolyn;)

Whoops!! I think I have already read the last full day..:)
It didnt spoil it though...they are all great Tayna.

I agree with Carolyn - you've got to make up more! Or go again :D :D :D

Fantastic, enjoyable read.

Thanks
:D

Last day? But you've only seen one armadillo :eek:

soggy knickers were the order of the day
Thanks for reminding me why I don't like wet rides!

it's been ages since i last went to florida...........

do you still have to wear a t-shirt when you go on the "wet" rides?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter