DCL/ABD Med Cruise May 15, 2010

Glad to hear you had so much positive to say....makes me even more glad that we're booked with ABD and even more excited to read your review and/or see pics when you get them up!! :)

Glad to hear you had so much positive to say....makes me even more glad that we're booked with ABD and even more excited to read your review and/or see pics when you get them up!! :)
I'm hoping to start on the Trip Report soon!

Looking forward to reading your trip report!! Hope you feel better soon!
Starting to feel Human again! This virus really knocked me for a loop. I'm starting on the Trip Report SOON!

Good News! I took the bad camera memory card to Best Buy, and while their Geek Squad guys couldn't help me directly, they helped me find the solution. One solution was for them to send the card out ($85 just to SEND it, usually a minimum of $250 to recover the pictures). The other solution that they suggested I try first was a program that SanDisk offers with their high-end cards, and which they had a link to on their website. I down-loaded the Demo version, and it was able to find all my pictures! (Of course, it also found all the bad pictures I'd deleted over the course of an 11-night cruise, so I'm going to have to do some selective restoration.) The Demo works just like the pay version, except it won't let you save anything it finds! So I forked over the $40, and will re-run the scan tonight, and hopefully have my missing Monte Carlo, Eze and Character Breakfast pictures soon! YAY! :yay:

Sayhello

Congrats on getting your pictures back. I am among the many looking forward to your trip report. I would love to someday be able to take the cruise/ABD combo. that you took.

Good News! I took the bad camera memory card to Best Buy, and while their Geek Squad guys couldn't help me directly, they helped me find the solution. One solution was for them to send the card out ($85 just to SEND it, usually a minimum of $250 to recover the pictures). The other solution that they suggested I try first was a program that SanDisk offers with their high-end cards, and which they had a link to on their website. I down-loaded the Demo version, and it was able to find all my pictures! (Of course, it also found all the bad pictures I'd deleted over the course of an 11-night cruise, so I'm going to have to do some selective restoration.) The Demo works just like the pay version, except it won't let you save anything it finds! So I forked over the $40, and will re-run the scan tonight, and hopefully have my missing Monte Carlo, Eze and Character Breakfast pictures soon! YAY! :yay:

Sayhello

Glad to hear you are feeling better and GREAT NEWS that you are able to recover your pictures. That is money well spent! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip and to read that trip report. GET BUSY! :lmao: (just kidding of course)

I'm hoping to start on the Trip Report soon!

Starting to feel Human again! This virus really knocked me for a loop. I'm starting on the Trip Report SOON!

Sayhello

YEAH :yay::yay: You can get your pictures back! Glad you are on the mend too!

There has been a bit of a buzz about the possibility of an ABD add on for the Alaskan cruise too. I'm hoping there is!

There has been a bit of a buzz about the possibility of an ABD add on for the Alaskan cruise too. I'm hoping there is!
I did report on this *somewhere*; I'm not quite sure where it was. I was told by our Guides that ABD/DCL is *definitely* interested in doing an ABD add-on for the Alaska cruises. Whether it's going to be a land/sea package (logistically hard) including the existing ABD, or a set of new Excursions done just for the cruise (more likely) they didn't know. But I would look for this in 2011 or 2012. They made it sound like more than a strong possibility.

Sayhello

Congrats on getting your pictures back. I am among the many looking forward to your trip report. I would love to someday be able to take the cruise/ABD combo. that you took.
Thanks, beansf. I'd kind of resigned myself to the loss of the pictures; it's going to be great if I really manage to recover them!

Glad to hear you are feeling better and GREAT NEWS that you are able to recover your pictures. That is money well spent! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip and to read that trip report. GET BUSY! :lmao: (just kidding of course)
Thanks, Diskidatheart. Boy, you're a slave-driver!!! ;)

YEAH :yay::yay: You can get your pictures back! Glad you are on the mend too!
Thanks, tk! I'm pretty happy about both things.

Sayhello

Good News! I took the bad camera memory card to Best Buy, and while their Geek Squad guys couldn't help me directly, they helped me find the solution.

Yeah for getting pics back! So glad your feeling better can't wait for report! BTW...Where are you going next?

I'm so glad you were able to retrieve your pictures. :goodvibes

I wish I had brought my card to Best Buy. I had the same problem, but brought the camera card to the local photography store who told me nothing could be done and reformatted the card so it could be used. :eek:

I will keep that in mind if it ever happens again. Could you tell me how to find the link on their website?

Looking forward to your trip report:cool1:

Yeah for getting pics back! So glad your feeling better can't wait for report! BTW...Where are you going next?
I'm hoping to have at least some of it up this weekend. Fingers & toes crossed! Next year is likely to be Hawaii. Whether that includes ABD or not is really up to them. :goodvibes We'll see come August.

I'm so glad you were able to retrieve your pictures. :goodvibes

I wish I had brought my card to Best Buy. I had the same problem, but brought the camera card to the local photography store who told me nothing could be done and reformatted the card so it could be used. :eek:

I will keep that in mind if it ever happens again. Could you tell me how to find the link on their website?

Looking forward to your trip report:cool1:
Well, I also lucked out that there are 2 Best Buys near me (one near work, one near home). I called the one near home, and she told me there was nothing they could do for me, unless, of course, I'd backed them up to my PC. (Say what? I'd be calling her about my memory card if I'd already backed the files up to my PC? Not the brightest crayon in the box. I decided I'd be better off calling another Best Buy). The one near work were the ones who told me to bring it by & see what they could do. I know folks who have taken their PC's to Best Buy when their harddrives failed, so I figured a memory card is just a small drive....

The link for the software is on SanDisk's website, not Best Buy's.

SanDisk's website: it has the link to LC Technologies for the download.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43/kw/rescuepro/r_id/101834

Here's the link to LC Technologies:

http://www.lc-tech.com/rescuepro/

I was pretty impressed with the LC Technologies purchase process. They have a free Demo version that works just like the paid version, except it won't let you save anything it finds. I ran it, saw that it was able to find the photos, so *then* put out the $40 to buy the software. Totally worth it. They also had a tech guy contact me to see if I got the download OK, if I had any questions, and to offer some tips. He didn't get me at the phone # I gave them, so he sent me an email. Pretty cool. And it worked! That's the best part.

Oh, and that memory card is going in the trash. If it failed once, it could easily fail again. No way I'm trusting my photos to that!

Sayhello

Thanks very much for the link. Hopefully I will never need it. :)

I assume you need to be able to insert the card directly into the computer rather than through the camera for it to work correct?

Thanks very much for the link. Hopefully I will never need it. :)

I assume you need to be able to insert the card directly into the computer rather than through the camera for it to work correct?
You're welcome. Mine actually worked connecting the camera to the computer. I didn't have a direct method. I'd've gotten one if necessary, I guess. I imagine it would just depend on how bad the card was...

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter