• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL/ABD Med Cruise May 15, 2010

Sayhello, have a safe journey and a wonderful time on your cruise and with your family in Israel. I'm realy looking forward to reading all about it when you return.

Sayhello, have a safe journey and a wonderful time on your cruise and with your family in Israel. I'm realy looking forward to reading all about it when you return.
Thanks, Bobo912. I still can't quite believe I'm flying to Spain tomorrow!!! :scared1: Assuming the volcano cooperates!

Sayhello

Hope I'm not too late in wishing you a wonderful trip Sayhello. I did leave you a little food, gelato, and wine in Rome...not much, but a little:rotfl2:. I can't wait for the trip report.

Hope I'm not too late in wishing you a wonderful trip Sayhello. I did leave you a little food, gelato, and wine in Rome...not much, but a little:rotfl2:. I can't wait for the trip report.
Thanks, Diskidatheart! Never too late! Glad you left *some* stuff for me!

Arrived in Barcelona yesterday after a long, long day that was actually two days. mostly recovered. Just over ate at breakfast at the hotel. I see a pattern already.. :rotfl:

Did not see as much of Barrcelona as I would have liked, but. I do have plenty of sights left to see! Leaving for the ship in a couple of hours I hope to check in from time to time. The virtual keyboard on this iPad is not the easiest to type with! but it's still cool!

Sayhello

The virtual keyboard on this iPad is not the easiest to type with! but it's still cool!

I am so glad you got one before you left! That is awesome!

I hope you have the most amazing trip of your life! I cant wait to read all about it!

Bon Voyage!

HG

Wow! I can't believe you're on your trip already! Have a safe and wonderful time!! Can't wait for your trip report!

I'm back!!! I'm exhausted, but happy, and will definitely be posting my Trip Report as soon as I sort through the kabillion pictures I took. What an amazing trip, and what great people I met, both on the ABD and especially from our DIS Meet thread!

I am so glad you got one before you left! That is awesome!
HG, the iPad *saved* this trip for me!!! My camera's brand new 8 gig memory card *died* on me, the LAST day of the cruise!!!!! If I had not backed up my pictures to the iPad, I would have lost them all!!!!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::eek::eek::eek::eek: I'm still hoping Microcenter can recover the card for me, because I had not backed up my pictures for Monte Carlo and our Character Breakfast yet, but at least I have *MOST* of my pictures!!!! I just cringe thinking about it.:eek:
I hope you have the most amazing trip of your life! I cant wait to read all about it!

Bon Voyage!

HG
Thanks, HG! It was amazing. Trip Report as soon as I can! :woohoo:

Bon Voyage!!
Thanks, tk! Read my comments to HG above for *MY* camera scare!!!!! :eek:

Wow! I can't believe you're on your trip already! Have a safe and wonderful time!! Can't wait for your trip report!
I'm on my trip & back already! :cool1: Trip Report as soon as possible!

Thanks, everyone for all you good wishes! Trip Report saved by the iPad, which I totally adore now!!!! Worth EVERY penny!!! Will post it soon! If you have specific questions, feel free to ask, and I'll be happy to reply!

Sayhello

When I checked the board yesterday I was thinking to myself "when is Sayhello going to be back?" and now here you are. Welcome back! Glad you're home safe and sound. Can't wait to read your trip report!

Just a couple of question in the meantime...How did you like being based on the ship vs. moving from hotel to hotel? Were there any special shipboard activities just for the ABD guests.

Glad you are home and had such a nice trip. OM goodness about the memory card. I never back up my memory cards on a trip :scared1: I'll keep my fingers crossed that they can recover your pics.

Now I need two cameras and an iPad!

TK

You should be able to recover your pictures. I deleted my entire card once, but was able to get all the photos back. Unless you do a proper clean/reformat thing (which is not done accidentally) your photos are not really deleted until you start having to overwrite them (i.e. you get to 8MB, delete 100 photos and take 50 photos - the first 50 of your deleted photos are now truly gone*)

*For simplicity I'm assuming all photos were the same size.

You should be able to recover your pictures. I deleted my entire card once, but was able to get all the photos back. Unless you do a proper clean/reformat thing (which is not done accidentally) your photos are not really deleted until you start having to overwrite them (i.e. you get to 8MB, delete 100 photos and take 50 photos - the first 50 of your deleted photos are now truly gone*)

*For simplicity I'm assuming all photos were the same size.
I hope you're right. One of the DISers on the cruise had some recovery software on his PC, and it didn't even recognize that the card was there... I'm afraid the formatting of the card got corrupted. I'll take it to Microcenter, see what they can do for me. Fingers & toes crossed...

Sayhello

When I checked the board yesterday I was thinking to myself "when is Sayhello going to be back?" and now here you are. Welcome back! Glad you're home safe and sound. Can't wait to read your trip report!

Just a couple of question in the meantime...How did you like being based on the ship vs. moving from hotel to hotel? Were there any special shipboard activities just for the ABD guests.
Trip Report will start as soon as I whittle down the 1900+ pictures I took!

I have to admit, that while it was great to see more countries by traveling on the ship, I did not like it as well as the land-based trips. We didn't get to know any area "in depth". Going back to the "generic" ship (not specific to an area) each night was a bit anti-climatic, if you know what I mean. We were also obviously constrained by the ship's schedule, which really didn't give the Guides much wiggle room for "extra" things. We really had VERY little time on our own to explore, also. It was a great experience for a cruise, but I really prefer the land-based ABD experience.
Glad you are home and had such a nice trip. OM goodness about the memory card. I never back up my memory cards on a trip :scared1: I'll keep my fingers crossed that they can recover your pics.

Now I need two cameras and an iPad!

TK
Seriously! I am SO glad I got the iPad, and that the camera kit arrived before I left. I would have been inconsolable...

Sayhello

Glad you had a wonderful time. :goodvibes Sorry to hear about the camera difficulties but at least you were able to back up most of your pictures.

Our Southwest Splendors trip one of the people in our group accidentally deleted all his pictures on the last day of the trip. :scared1: A lot of people sent him CDs of their pictures and he also had the pictures that the guides took. Did the guides take pictures for photopass on this trip also?

Awaiting your trip report

I am very much looking forward to hearing what all you did on your excursions. I get to book my excursions on 6/10. Not sure if ABD still has any availablity left but it is still an option for me to consider as of now. I will be making a decision based on what you write (no pressure) :rotfl:, as I was not happy with the write ups on the website for the price.

Sorry to hear about the photos. Scary!

HG, the iPad *saved* this trip for me!!! My camera's brand new 8 gig memory card *died* on me, the LAST day of the cruise!!!!! If I had not backed up my pictures to the iPad, I would have lost them all!!!!!! I'm still hoping Microcenter can recover the card for me, because I had not backed up my pictures for Monte Carlo and our Character Breakfast yet, but at least I have *MOST* of my pictures!!!! I just cringe thinking about it.

WOW! You are the poster child for the iPad when it comes to pics and travel! Definitely going to share this story at "the fruit store"! :thumbsup2

WOW! I am so very glad l you had a back up! AND I AM SO GLAD YOUR HOME!! WOOT WOOT! I cannot wait for your trip reports! It will be the way I treat myself while I break from my school work!:rotfl:

So glad your home and safe and waiting with so much anticipation to hear how it went!!:woohoo:

HG

Welcome Home, SayHello! We, too, are eager to hear your report--and I imagine the Disney folks thoroughly surveyed you and the others on this experimental ABD. Be sure to let us know any tidbits that you heard re the future of ABD on Disney cruises (and whether the Magic will be traveling to other places--Greece? Turkey? ADB in Athens?!)...your fans await, but first, recover and rest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter