Fort Wilderness Cabins Cannot Stave Off Slow March 2024 Direct Sales

I didn’t realize there would be a shower with no tub. Seems like a strange choice for something geared towards families.
That was my thought too when I saw the video. How can you have a room with bunk beds and then not have a tub in the bathroom? The choices for these cabins are odd.

Last edited:
Adding a drain for the washer isn’t trivial, especially with the prefab on slab format. I don’t anticipate that ever happening.
In a nutshell, this shows what's wrong with DVD leadership.

Putting in a line for a washer would have been a huge benefit for DVC members but would have eaten into profits. No one should be surprised which way DVD leadership went with this.

In a nutshell, this shows what's wrong with DVD leadership.

Putting in a line for a washer would have been a huge benefit for DVC members but would have eaten into profits. No one should be surprised which way DVD leadership went with this.
I mean I guess, but the most popular DVC room types are studios, AKA ones without in room laundry. So idk I get it.

I mean I guess, but the most popular DVC room types are studios, AKA ones without in room laundry. So idk I get it.
Yeah, for a low points room marketeted for bigger families I think the shower only and no tub situation would be a bigger deal for most people. If they crammed into 1 studio or even got 2 studios they still wouldn't have had laundry.

I think they screwed up by only putting in one bedroom. The queen should be in a separate room from the bunk beds, which should be in a smaller room with just the beds and some clothes storage. Just a little more sq ft would make a world of difference for the average family as the kids and occupants of the other bedroom could be on a different sleeping schedule.

The Cabins are much more like a one-bedroom villa than a Studio. They sleep 6, and have a separate living room and kitchen.

In size, yes. But not in point cost. They sleep more than a 1 bedroom at around HALF of the cost of a 1 bedroom. They can't have all of the amenities of a 1 bedroom if they are going to be that cheap. They would need to be around double the point cost at that point. They are more of a hybrid.

They can't have all of the amenities of a 1 bedroom if they are going to be that cheap
Let’s do the real math and see.
CCV 1BR vs Cabin
CCV 303 points - Christmas Week
CFW 190 points - Christmas week

Total in dues
CCV: 2452.42
CFW: 2309.30

So for a hundred bucks more I get a washer dryer hookup. A separate master bedroom. Better amenities. Better transportation to the parks. Almost 200 sqft more. And the list goes on and on and on.

Let’s do the real math and see.
CCV 1BR vs Cabin
CCV 303 points - Christmas Week
CFW 190 points - Christmas week

Total in dues
CCV: 2452.42
CFW: 2309.30

So for a hundred bucks more I get a washer dryer hookup. A separate master bedroom. Better amenities. Better transportation to the parks. Almost 200 sqft more. And the list goes on and on and on.
And it would hold less guests...

Yes the cabins have terrible dues, that's why they aren't selling. I am talking about points since everyone is going to try to book the cabins at 7 months since no one is buying it as a home resort.

And why did you pick CCV/BRV? Wouldn't it be better to compare it to a more modern point charts since CCV was basically made to match the older BRV (and I've heard people say that was a mistake) so maybe it doesn't compare to an older point chart. I'm sure they compare great against BWV as well

Try comparing to Riviera. 426 to 502 points depending on the view... Vs 190 for a cabin. Way less than half the points. Cabins definitely don't need any extra amenities for that price. And it's even cheaper if you break it down by points per person vs points per room

Last edited:
And it would hold less guests...

Yes the cabins have terrible dues, that's why they aren't selling. I am talking about points since everyone is going to try to book the cabins at 7 months since no one is buying it as a home resort.

And why did you pick CCV/BRV? Wouldn't it be better to compare it to a more modern point charts since CCV was basically made to match the older BRV (and I've heard people say that was a mistake) so maybe it doesn't compare to an older point chart. I'm sure they compare great against BWV as well

Try comparing to Riviera. 426 to 502 points depending on the view... Vs 190 for a cabin. Way less than half the points. Cabins definitely don't need any extra amenities for that price. And it's even cheaper if you break it down by points per person vs points per room
Not Denying the cabins have a few pluses. No neighbors, 6 people if you don’t mind sharing a room, nice staycation value adds. There are a few chalk marks on that board but I would Never insult the RIV or GFV owners by comparing their fine property to that of this new dvc property. Wilderness lodge is the closest fair comparison but not here to insult owners of CFW because that is not my intent. The comment responded to was very specific about 2x less the cost of a 1BR for near 1BR value but that isn’t entirely true once you put math to nit. I hope to stay there one day but when I ran the math for a small add on it just wasn’t worth it for us. I would rather have 100 wilderness lodge points and cheaper dues then to think what this property might look like dies wise in 10 years from now. If you own then congrats and again I’m not here to insult your new home. I like the concept from time to time but just not for us atm Here’s to hoping for 7 month entry here and there 🍻

I think they screwed up by only putting in one bedroom. The queen should be in a separate room from the bunk beds, which should be in a smaller room with just the beds and some clothes storage. Just a little more sq ft would make a world of difference for the average family as the kids and occupants of the other bedroom could be on a different sleeping schedule.
Exactly - to me having the kids beds in the same space as the queen basically makes the cabin a studio. The whole reason I stay in one bedrooms is to keep the kids behind a door. I just don’t see how this cabin works for 90% of families. No tub and no laundry means not great for families with little ones. Beds all together means it’s bad for families with older kids.

Really not well thought out at all.

Not Denying the cabins have a few pluses. No neighbors, 6 people if you don’t mind sharing a room, nice staycation value adds. There are a few chalk marks on that board but I would Never insult the RIV or GFV owners by comparing their fine property to that of this new dvc property. Wilderness lodge is the closest fair comparison but not here to insult owners of CFW because that is not my intent. The comment responded to was very specific about 2x less the cost of a 1BR for near 1BR value but that isn’t entirely true once you put math to nit. I hope to stay there one day but when I ran the math for a small add on it just wasn’t worth it for us. I would rather have 100 wilderness lodge points and cheaper dues then to think what this property might look like dies wise in 10 years from now. If you own then congrats and again I’m not here to insult your new home. I like the concept from time to time but just not for us atm Here’s to hoping for 7 month entry here and there 🍻
Definitely agree there. I won't touch it with those dues, and most people won't either. Maybe eventually within 7 months for me as well 🍻

Exactly - to me having the kids beds in the same space as the queen basically makes the cabin a studio. The whole reason I stay in one bedrooms is to keep the kids behind a door. I just don’t see how this cabin works for 90% of families. No tub and no laundry means not great for families with little ones. Beds all together means it’s bad for families with older kids.

Really not well thought out at all.
And then add a dog to the mix with no laundry.. and add the highest dues on WDW property

DVC when CFW doesn't sell well:
IMG_7964.png

Definitely agree there. I won't touch it with those dues, and most people won't either. Maybe eventually within 7 months for me as well 🍻
I feel like we all just got another home resort.

Last edited:
I don't understand .... how does not selling well affect/benefit direct owners? I'm a newbie so still learning the nuances/facts/conventional wisdom.
Any rooms they have declared have to be offered up to dvc home resort owners at 11 months and then all the direct owners at 7 months. If no one is buying it as a home resort, any declared inventory is wide open for 7 month bookings

And then add a dog to the mix with no laundry.. and add the highest dues on WDW property

DVC when CFW doesn't sell well:
View attachment 856622

I feel like we all just got another home resort.
I'm thinking of booking 5 nights in January ,just my wife and I to see how it would work with the grandprincesses in the future. But yeah without a tub and laundry I don't think it will be a big seller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter