DCL Confessions

I booked a cruise on Royal Caribbean.
I'm kind of ambivalent about going (because you know, not Disney), so I'm wondering if being enthusiastic alone is worth the DCL upcharge.
#FirstWorldProblems
I think you may be on to something. We are flying to Barcelona on 6/1 for an 8 night Mediterranean on the brand new Carnival Vista which will be an amazing ship. It truly is a trip of a lifetime for us, but at the same time, we're all kind of moping about how it's not DCL.

Then I start feeling guilty about how spoiled we are acting instead of being grateful for all the amazing cruises we've been able to take, and the amount of family time we've been able to spend together while we're all healthy.

First world problems indeed!

I would love to read about this too, @scgustafson do you have any stories you'd like to share??

Unfortunately, I have never been on Castaway Cay without the whole family together, so no opportunities. However, I am wondering if the private cabanas would lend themselves to opportunities. I will leave that to be answered to by others.

PS - I am apparentally receiving a reputation for certain behaviors.

I admit to not hoarding H20+ on my first cruise, it's a shocker! I have hoarded almost every hotel shampoo/conditioner/lotion from every place I've gone from a Days Inn to the Bellagio, but that all changed when a friends started giving me their toiletries from WDW. Once I experienced the H2O from the my manager's trip to WDW something clicked in my head hoarded only that product when I went to Disney, every where else I didn't feel the need to take the products home, in fact I actually tossed all the old stuff out. My partner would help me hoard it by offering to pay the staff $20 for those little bottles, some would take it and just bring us ice bucket bags full, others wouldn't take the money but just hand us a few bottles.

What's really strange though, once I discovered Basin and Basin White, I stopped using the H20+ Shampoo/Conditioners (If I use it too long I have to switch back to Head n Shoulders to control the dandruff) so only my partner uses them and the hoarding of H2O+ moved on to him.

We too hide the H2O products in the hopes that the H2O fairy will leave us more. I love the soap which I have yet to find for sale anywhere.

Jim

H2O's website currently has a disney branded bar soap for sale for $2.00 Not sure if its the DCL or WDW scent but for $2.00 you can't go wrong, and the body lotions are on sale right now.

I have a cruise confession. I am a pirate (seriously!)

It wasn't on a Disney cruise, but it was on Royal Caribbean. In the 90's I was fascinated with pirates and wanted to become one. I looked up the technical/legal elements that constituted an act of piracy under maritime law.

"Piracy consists of any of the following acts:

• "Any illegal acts of violence or detention, or any act of depredation, committed for private ends by the crew or the passengers of a private ship or a private aircraft, and directed on the high seas, against another ship or aircraft, or against persons or property on board such ship or aircraft (or) against a ship, aircraft, persons or property in a place outside the jurisdiction of any state;
  • "Any act of voluntary participation in the operation of a ship or of an aircraft with knowledge of facts making it a pirate ship or aircraft;
  • "Any act of inciting or of intentionally facilitating an act described (above)"

I selected robbery as my act of depredation. I robed a fellow cruiser of one of his shirt buttons using the seem-ripper from my travel-size mending kit. I didn't want my "threat of force" to be actually terrifying and I didn't want to rob anything of actual value; but I couldn't just sneak and steal something. To qualify as an "act of depredation" I had to take the item directly from someone using "force or threat of force." I selected my victim carefully and it paid off. After I informed him I was stealing his button to become a pirate, he got flirty and asked if I'd rape and pillage him too. (I was still young and cute then.)

I don't think I'd try committing an act of piracy in a post 9/11 world, but at the time, I got away with it. I put that button on my charm bracelet. It's my "booty" and proof of my piratical nerve. :-)

I have a cruise confession. I am a pirate (seriously!)

It wasn't on a Disney cruise, but it was on Royal Caribbean. In the 90's I was fascinated with pirates and wanted to become one. I looked up the technical/legal elements that constituted an act of piracy under maritime law.

"Piracy consists of any of the following acts:

• "Any illegal acts of violence or detention, or any act of depredation, committed for private ends by the crew or the passengers of a private ship or a private aircraft, and directed on the high seas, against another ship or aircraft, or against persons or property on board such ship or aircraft (or) against a ship, aircraft, persons or property in a place outside the jurisdiction of any state;
  • "Any act of voluntary participation in the operation of a ship or of an aircraft with knowledge of facts making it a pirate ship or aircraft;
  • "Any act of inciting or of intentionally facilitating an act described (above)"

I selected robbery as my act of depredation. I robed a fellow cruiser of one of his shirt buttons using the seem-ripper from my travel-size mending kit. I didn't want my "threat of force" to be actually terrifying and I didn't want to rob anything of actual value; but I couldn't just sneak and steal something. To qualify as an "act of depredation" I had to take the item directly from someone using "force or threat of force." I selected my victim carefully and it paid off. After I informed him I was stealing his button to become a pirate, he got flirty and asked if I'd rape and pillage him too. (I was still young and cute then.)

I don't think I'd try committing an act of piracy in a post 9/11 world, but at the time, I got away with it. I put that button on my charm bracelet. It's my "booty" and proof of my piratical nerve. :-)
So did you pillage or not? And if so was it on the verandah?

Be careful, CCD, you might just earn yourself a reputation. And then they will be asking what it is about us people from Chandler.
It's probably a good thing we didn't buy the new house I wanted on Ocotillo and Lindsay! It has a verandah off the master bedroom that overlooks the front of the house/driveway, that could have ruined our cities reputation.

It's probably a good thing we didn't buy the new house I wanted on Ocotillo and Lindsay! It has a verandah off the master bedroom that overlooks the front of the house/driveway, that could have ruined our cities reputation.

Or made you a very popular neighbor. And if it was in the northeast corner, you would be defiling Gilbert's name instead. We are at Ocotillo and McQueen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter