• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL nixes Med. plans, 2004 dates to open soon.

Wishing on a star

DIS Veteran
Yes, just got an email message from another site, which I consider to be reliable, (but is not strait from DCL....) that DCL is officially scrapping the idea of Mediterranian in 2004, due to world events and the concerns of overseas travel. The message said that DCL would be opening dates for the Magic for 2004 very soon! Sounds credible to me - so I wanted to pass the info along! Michelle - could you possibly get any official word from onboard?

I am sure that inquiring minds want to know!!!

I heard the same thing from another source. I think it is probably true!

Oh I sure hope they dont decide to do it in 05 then! Im hoping to do the Western for my 10th anniversary. Guess Ill just have to wait about a year to see. ;)

Highly doubt that they are considering 2005.... For the same reasons they are scrapping the plans for 2004. I don't think they are postponing the idea, I think that they are scrapping it.

If they had gotten an overwhelming positive response to the idea from their established customer base, they would have proceeded with the idea of 2004 and started booking right away. ( With perhaps a contigency plan of returning to the Carribean if the situation in that region were to become a real concern.)

I also heard that the Med. is a "no-go" . The remaining 2004 dates for the Magic should be opening up within a week or so...

mac_tlc

That's great news. Initially, I was excited about a European cruise, but I don't think my then DS 10 would appreciate the sites. It will be something to consider for a later age. Now being back on the Magic and going to Castaway Cay he would appreciate in 2004.

Originally posted by Wishing on a star
Highly doubt that they are considering 2005.... For the same reasons they are scrapping the plans for 2004. I don't think they are postponing the idea, I think that they are scrapping it.

Sounds good to me! :D

Oh I am SOOOOO excited! I wanted to book a cruise for my twin daughters' birthday in September 2004, but the Wonder is in dry dock during their birthday so the Magic is my only hope! I am so in hopes that it will be the Eastern Cruise because we did the Western this year and it would be nice to have a different experience.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us know when there is an official date, I want to book the room of my choice for the 7 day the week of their birthday!

Thanks for letting us know!!!!
Debra

I think you might have your info mixed up. I thought I read here the other day that the Magic was going into drydock in September.

It sounds as if I might be in the minority but I would absolutely LOVE a DCL cruise to the Mediterranean!

I hope they are still considering their plans. Perhaps after a third and/or fourth ship are announced and in service they will move the Magic to the Mediterranean itinerary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter