DCL on DVC points

Jaylie

DIS Veteran
Could someone tell me how many points it would be for a 4-day cruise to the Bahamas. We have a lot of points left over and before I bank them, I thought it might be fun to do a cruise! Thanks for any info.

Did you try the member's website - cabin choice? date, # of people.

We have used a combination of points and cash, points only, cash only. Our last cruise was cash.

Renting out your points is the best.

I have been thinking the same for late fall next year or early Spring 2024. I have rented out a few points only once. I have some extra points next year and have to decide if I want to invite friends again, book a short cruise w/ a WDW or Vero stay or rent a few points out.

We used points for our first cruise. It depends on when you want to cruise and the room you pick. The points chart does show you how much it would be and then add the $99 conversion to it. It's a much better value per point if you rent the points and pay cash for the cruise. But I understand having a bunch of points to use.

Not getting into what is the best use of points. We have used points many times for cruises. Sometimes all points sometimes points and cash. When using a combination of points and cash the cash portion was exactly the same as DCL charges for one person. Yes the amount of points needed for a cruise is more than staying at a DVC resort but I think it needs to be said that when thinking about the points on the cruise per person it includes most everything like food and entertainment. Think of it as going to a DVC resort and you needed to use more points than currently listed because the points include your food and park tickets. Food and park tickets are a huge expense that needs to be added to the cost of staying in the parks in a DVC Resort where your points are only paying for the room.

Could someone tell me how many points it would be for a 4-day cruise to the Bahamas. We have a lot of points left over and before I bank them, I thought it might be fun to do a cruise! Thanks for any info.
I know the wait time for Member Services can be excessive at times, but it’s best to call them and have them tell you exactly how many points your cruise will be. The points chart is a good guide, but sometimes going up or down a room category makes a difference in the number of points required. I have a lot of points, so I book everything Disney (ABD, DCL, Concierge Collection—old version, II, etc) using my points. Only you can decide if you prefer to use them as is or rent them out to get the cash to pay for the cruise. Either way, you can’t go wrong taking a DCL cruise!

The DCV point chart is determined at the release of the cruise. While the DCL cash price increases as rooms fill up, the DVC point chart does not. Sometimes you can get a better deal with points vs cash. I determine price of a point to be the purchase cost per point plus the dues per point. Renting is a hassle that I don't want to do. I also purchased many years ago so my price point is very low.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter