DCL Onboard Restricted Items Policy Updates: Decorations, Ducks and Ashes and More

I haven't received an email from DCL about the new item restrictions.
Do you know if DCL have sent emails to guests and travel companies about new item restrictions on upcoming cruises?

Got it. I don’t post on other places such as Facebook etc but we need to be careful that we don’t overshare on social media. Sharing this kind of info under our own names on other platforms could lead to problems
I wouldn't be surprised if Disney is paying more attention to what is said here by employees on the DIS, as this is an open-to-all board. Often groups on social media are closed nowadays, making it harder for companies to track.

And you still have to be careful, you might not use your own name, but you are easy to identify with a character picture in your profile and in other threads, information which ship you are on and when etc.

CMontheseas is a bit harder to identify in this thread, but in older threads there is enough information for DCL to identify him/her/them as well.

Last edited:
The policy mentioned a beer mug doesn't say anything about the card
They’re functionally the same thing. They give you the card (or “token”) if you don’t want to carry the mug around all the time. Either way you get the discounted refill.

Last edited:
You are correct, however the policy mentions the mug
Indeed it does. My point was that one can still get discounted beer refills without buying a new mug/card/token regardless of whether they are specifically enforcing no previous mugs as per this policy (and whether they are doing so remains questionable - would like to hear from someone who’s tried). Just make sure you have your card/token rather than a mug from a previous cruise when you go to get a refill. Unlike the popcorn situation where the previously used bucket is all that exists (no popcorn cards/tokens). Would also be interested to hear from anyone who’s tried to get one of those refilled.

Indeed it does. My point was that one can still get discounted beer refills without buying a new mug/card/token regardless of whether they are specifically enforcing no previous mugs as per this policy (and whether they are doing so remains questionable - would like to hear from someone who’s tried). Just make sure you have your card/token rather than a mug from a previous cruise when you go to get a refill. Unlike the popcorn situation where the previously used bucket is all that exists (no popcorn cards/tokens). Would also be interested to hear from anyone who’s tried to get one of those refilled.
Issue could be the possibility of unsanitary glasses or buckets being brought on board and handled by the crew since Norvo is a major concern.

So…. If these new rules are not on the website and only onboard, how would one know when they are packing for their cruise…?

Issue could be the possibility of unsanitary glasses or buckets being brought on board and handled by the crew since Norvo is a major concern.
I thought about that, and DCL is certainly entitled to have that policy. But that’s really sanitary theater. We actually disinfect our popcorn bucket before we reuse it (we pack a small bottle of dish soap and do it in the stateroom). On the other hand, someone could buy a bucket or beer mug on the cruise, take it back to their stateroom and put all manner of unsanitary items in it, then bring it to the show the next day for a refill.

Doesn't make sense since in the end they still fill the buckets behind the counter when you get a refill. If they were concerened it would go back to covid days of show bucket and they hand the popcorn over the paper cup thing.

It comes down to they want to make more money and technically the policy has always been for the length of the cruise, they just got lax on it.

So the Dyson does work on the Wish. I brought mine a few months back but my husband just bought me a shark and wanted to bring that in Feb
That's what I was wondering too. I always bring my Dyson hair dryer on board - have used it on the Fantasy, Dream and the Wish. Don't know what the problem would be - it's just a hiar dryer. Oh well, I'll bring it anyway for our resort side stay.

That's what I was wondering too. I always bring my Dyson hair dryer on board - have used it on the Fantasy, Dream and the Wish. Don't know what the problem would be - it's just a hiar dryer. Oh well, I'll bring it anyway for our resort side stay.
I’ve used Dyson on the magic no problem.

The Beer Mug not being refilled would be a problem.
This just doesn’t make sense. How would they be able to police it? Say I bring my mug, which is allowed, and I try to refill it? I assume they’ll know because my account doesn’t show one being purchased. So, say I buy a new mug. There’s no way they’ll know which mug is being filled, so a friend and I both be drinking discounted beers. Popcorn buckets can work the same way. I’d even be bold enough to fill the new container and immediately dump it into my old one and request it be refilled right in front of the concession stand.

Because if you use electronics that use a higher voltage than what the ship can handle it can cause your electronic to break/die or in some cases may cause a fire

Yes, it's a phone, but one with known issues where it would overheat and catch on fire. It's actually been recalled (according to a quick Google search). Many airlines have similarly banned it for the same reasons.

Discontinued and recalled. Owners were given/sold new phones that were a newer fixed model or given their money back. I actually worked on the power management for this and about had a heart attack thinking it was related to my work. Luckily it wasn’t.

What if you brought your own tv?
Only if it’s a tube TV🤣

Currently on the Wish. People are still hiding ducks and nothing was said about it not being allowed.

People are still hiding ducks and nothing was said about it not being allowed.
They need to be found by crew, crew has to see you hide it, or the ducks have a tag with the name and/or room number, for them to say something about it. Unless you went to a crew member to ask them about it.

Before this specification in the rules, was there something that it was allowed to hide ducks (or other things) on the ship?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter