DCL picture of the day Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sports can be tricky...

~I do more stills than action shots~

How hi a speed does your camera cover? The higher the speed the better stop action you'll get. Canadian Cruiser has given me a few pointers and is very good with a digital.

Any ideas people?

My advice is the closer the better...once you've got the speed to actually capture the action focus on zooming in on the action. Most people have a tendancy to take pics from too far away.

~It's very nice to meet you Tif :) ~

tomspixie said:
Hi Tigg!

How wonderful to be able to enjoy the photography!!! I have a Digital Nikon...my old SLR lenses worked for the digital. I want to be able to take more action shots...all three kids are golfers, basketball players, track, diving, volleyball...etc., etc.! Our DD has to give up a few sports next year thanks to high school! So far all three are fairly blessed in their abilities and I like being able to take shots of them. The lighting in the gyms has not been condusive to taking good shots as they run the court. Any ideas???
Any pointers would be greatly helpful!
Thanks.
By the way, I'm Tif!
:tink:
tomspixie

Hey Tif:

One other thing to think about when doing action shots with a digital SLR is to be sure that your memory card is a high speed card. It has nothing to do with the actual shot itself, but it will allow you to take consecutive shots quicker. The faster a photograph can be written to the card, the faster you get on to the next shot.

Hope that helps! Enjoy!

Stay_home_Dad_Scott said:
Here's my favorite from our recent Western cruise...[/img]

Hey Scott! With your permission, this is also going to become the background for my door sign on CC day! Awesome composition of the picture!

Canadiancruiser2 said:
Thanks for the kind words. :goodvibes

Clear Sailing to St. Maarten, Disney Magic, December 2005

CC, the more I look at your shots, the more difficult it is for me to believe you are using a digital point & shoot. I really love the composition of your shots. I would love to see what you could do with an SLR!

TiggerKing said:
Hey Scott! With your permission, this is also going to become the background for my door sign on CC day! Awesome composition of the picture!

I hereby grant TiggerKing and anyone else my permission to do whatever the heck they want with my favorite picture of Castaway Cay...go for it!

Scott

TiggerKing said:
CC, the more I look at your shots, the more difficult it is for me to believe you are using a digital point & shoot. I really love the composition of your shots. I would love to see what you could do with an SLR!

:groom: Thanks! Oh, I would probably mess things up a whole lot more with a professional SLR digicam! My Canon S40 has lots of manual settings, most of which I've forgotten how to use. I read the manual once when I got it back in 2002, but I honestly can't remember a lot of the features. It's been a fun camera that's handy to use, and I've been pretty happy with it over the years.

Fountain next to the Warm Rock Chairs, Vista Spa, Disney Magic, December 2005

fountain8fr.jpg

This is probably breaking the rules of this thread, but here's some other shots (non-Disney related) I took with the S40:

Brook along the Columbia River Historic Highway, Oregon, July 2005

brook7sf.jpg

Vista House, East of Portland, Oregon, July 2005

vista5rb.jpg

Canadiancruiser2 said:
This is probably breaking the rules of this thread, but here's some other shots (non-Disney related) I took with the S40:

Brook along the Columbia River Historic Highway, Oregon, July 2005

Vista House, East of Portland, Oregon, July 2005

CC, great pix. I was just in Portland last week and made the drive from Portland out to Multnomah falls. I may upload one or two shots once I get them downloaded from my camera.

Here are a couple from our Dec 05 cruise. Sorry if I have posted either of these before, I had a list of what I had posted, but I don't know what happened to it and I am too lazy to go back through the posts to see.

The first is taken on deck 4
34679%3A4%3C9%7Ffp338%3Enu%3D3264%3E974%3E374%3EWSNRCG%3D32333%3A8987%3B97nu0mrj

The next is the tree in the atrium all decorated for Christmas

34679%3A4%3C9%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3264%3E974%3E374%3EWSNRCG%3D32333%3B3%3A%3B2924nu0mrj

It's pretty easy. Go to imageshack , upload your photo, copy the direct link to the photo, make a post here, click the insert image icon
insertimage.gif
, and paste the address in.

Orient Beach Revisited, St. Maarten, December 2005

orient0pd.jpg

Multnomah Falls, East of Portland, Oregon

mult2ao.jpg

I love this photo I took during the end of "Disney Dreams" and was surprised how many good photos I got during the shows without using my flash!

3467%3A4%3B7%3B%7Ffp346%3Enu%3D324%3A%3E652%3E%3B85%3EWSNRCG%3D3233583%3A37%3C3%3Bnu0mrj

:confused3 I've been reading this thread since it was on page 156, and the time has come for me to post some pictures from our cruise (3-25-06 Western)...I hope this works!

toodles.jpg

We stumbled across these watermelons on our way out of Lumiere's one night..."Fish are friends, not food!"

Lumpia from the Phillipino restaurant next to the Straw Market in Nassau
SoooooooooooooooooooDelicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
b225675f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter