DCL Transfers and Lost Luggage Anyone?

fredms

Love my nieces and nephews!
This is my first Disney cruise (17 DAYS!) and I have decided to use the DCL transfers because I want to be in Disney's hands as soon as possible. Also its a "gift" for my fiancee not to have to shlep the luggage to the boat.

I understand that DCL picks your baggage off of the luggage carousel directly and puts it on the DCL bus. I am just a little worried that they may miss a piece or something and I'd rather go to the luggage carousel and see my bags be taken by DCL.

Anybody have any experience/advice with this?

Thanks in advance!

I've used the transfers many times and have never had a problem. They should have your incoming flight information (if not, call and give it to them), and have a checklist for all of the passengers for that day. If you're really worried about it, you could claim your luggage and bring it to the bus (if you do this, don't put the cruise line's tags on the bags until after you get them at the airport). They'd take it from there and deliver it to your room on board. Yes, things can happen. The airline could lose your luggage, too, but I'm guessing you still check your bags. Personally, I would not worry about it.

Used DCL transfers four times already and have never had a problem! I love the idea of them taking care of it from the time I drop it off at the airport til I get into my stateroom and visa versa!

Rae

Depending on the airline, if you tag your bags, they may not even get to the carousel. Some of the airlines take the tagged bags straight from the plane to the DCL luggage area. The bags do not go on the bus with you. They go on a seperate truck to the port.

But, do not worry, they do a good job of ensuring that all bags get to the ship. They have procedures to find the bags even if the tag has fallen off.

Sluggo

I guess I am just a little nervous of not seeing it being picked up by DCL. But I appreciate your experiences and am glad you've never had a problem.

Never, ever had a problem. Wonderful transfers w/Mears.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter