• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL Transportation

gduvall

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know the cost of one way transportation for a party of 2 adult and 2 children, from Port Canaveral to MCO using Disney's transportation. I already have a car from Avis booked, but just wandering if it wouldn't be a lot easier to just use Disney Transportation.

it was valued at $46 per person (adult or child) for round trip. So, must be at least $23 one way....

Actually its gone up to $49 round trip, with 4 of you, you are probably better with Avis or even hiring a towncar.

If you don't take DCL transportation, do you feel like you missed out on part of the experience? I would love to arrive at the port excited about our cruise (either way...I know we will be excited) with other cruisers. I just don't want to feel like I am being dropped off by a "taxi"

For the first cruise I think the DCL trans. is the way to go. They show a video about the ship on the way to the port and when you arrive at the airport you don't have to shlepp your luggage around. DCL gets it for you and you don't touch it again until its brought to your cabin on the ship.

I called the other day and it is $50 per person round trip and well worth it.

We have cruised three times with DCL. We used their transfers the first time and rental cars both of the other times.

I would never use the transfer by bus again. Yes, they did show Mulan during the ride and I guess if this wasn't available in my home 24-7 there might be some appeal. I think this is a very expensive, boring way to go. The magic begins when you enter the terminal. Get there early. There are characters, videos, and this is the time that we have had fun getting to know other cruisers.

We usually drive our bags to the port, then drop off the car so we don't have the hassle of switching the luggage except at the airport. The avis shuttle is very fast and easy.

When we did land/sea, we found it most economical to get a rental for the whole trip and just leave it at the Radisson while we were away (this was actually cheaper than 2 separate rentals). We took the hotel's shuttle from the port and with early seating, this was so efficient that we were at WDW the day we disembarked by 9am!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter