DD at Sandcastle Club while we see Fantasmic?

BevS97

disney scrapper
My DD is terrified of all the villans and most things 'scary', and having seen a clip of Fantasmic, she is absolutely sure that she doesn't want to see the show. DH and I would really like to see it however.

I've just called and booked her into the Sandcastle club at the Y&B club for one evening, so we can go and see the show, but I can't quite work out how we will do this.

it says on the disney website

Sandcastle Club Location: Disney's Beach Club Resort
Description: Offers activities and entertainment for children ages four to 12.
Charge is $8 per hour per child, with a four-hour maximum, meal included. Reservations are required. Also offers a three-hour Birthday Party Package, including a decorated party room, two menu choices, birthday cake, mini-arcade games, and other party options.
Hours: 4:30 p.m. to 12 midnight

It's the 4 hour maximum that has me worried. According to Intercot, Fantasmic will be at 9 - so assuming the show is 1/2 hr long, and it will take us 1 hr to get back to Yacht and Beach, that means we will pick her up around 10:30pm - so can drop her off no earlier than 6:30pm.

Is this enough time to get to the park, have meal (we wanted to do the dinner package to save queuing), get into the show etc.

We are staying off-site that week (but I've checked and that's ok, she can still go into the Club), so we will have a car.
We could either leave the car at the Y&B (I assume that would be ok, since she was at the club), or drive to MGM - I was thinking we would leave the car and either walk or take the launch to MGM - what do you think?

6:30 - drop her off
7:00 - arrive at park (is this enough time to get to MGM)
7:00-7:30 - one quick ride on R&RC (can't do this with DD as I need to hold DH hand, I'm too scared to go on my own)
7:30 - dinner reservation -
8:30 - head into show and find seats
9:00 - SHOW TIME
9:30 - attempt to leave park along with massive crowds and get back to Y&B - I guess at this point walking would be quickest?
10:30 - Back by 10:30 to pick up little princess??

Phew - that was long!

Bev

Haven't been to WDW during busier times but have used Sandcastle and the BC transport so here's my opinion....

I think you plan is doable if all goes well. Going into the stadium at the 30 min. mark will guarantee you a seat (with Fantas. dinner pkg.) but it may not be a great one. You can park at BC, drop off your daughter and take the boat to MGM or even walk if your feeling energetic. It did not take us an hour to return to BWI from MGM after Fantasmic, maybe 30-35 min. and we had two kids in tow. Again you can take the boat or walk back. Actually you could take a taxi from BC to MGM but not sure how much quicker that would be than boat as we didn't do that.

The Sandcastle club is very nice and I'm sure your DD will enjoy her evening there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter