DDC XXXII: A Dole Whip in Paradise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Give You Bacon Potato Salad of Awesomeness!

10415714_286469351531534_2081207035974200791_n.jpg

Thanks. I've lost the past two weeks, but still doing solid.

The southern schools return 8/18. We try to plan it for this time because my kids don't start school until after Labor Day. The crowd level historically drop to almost half of the previous weeks' levels.

It's hotter than Satan's butt down there, but we deal with it to avoid the heaviest crowds. Still can't get dinner ressies at Be Our Guest though. :confused3

I'll keep trying.

We've been there both before and after they have gone back to school. The crowds are noticeably lower.

I Give You Bacon Potato Salad of Awesomeness!]

You had me at bacon.

Thanks. I've lost the past two weeks, but still doing solid..

I'm doing ok. Probably the only move I really regret making was dropping Arenado for Donaldson. I'm happy with Donaldson, but wish I had dropped another player and not lost out on that hitting streak. I did pick up Beckett for that no hitter. Still, I blame Andy for the draft order. Yeah, that's it.

Hello Dads. Hope all is well. Who's ready for the last day of school (assuming winter did not add fifty days to your school year)?

Hello Dads. Hope all is well. Who's ready for the last day of school (assuming winter did not add fifty days to your school year)?

Howdy! DD's last day was last Wed. She starts her summer camp Tomm, she's pretty excited about it.

I also am now traumatised because I had to pull one of my daughters teeth out tonight for the first time,it has been loose for 2 months.

Howdy! DD's last day was last Wed. She starts her summer camp Tomm, she's pretty excited about it. I also am now traumatised because I had to pull one of my daughters teeth out tonight for the first time,it has been loose for 2 months.
I've had to do it too. No need for trauma.

I'd feel better if we didn't have a month to go. And we don't even have make-up days, or any cancelled days for that matter.

Morning guys. Back to the old grind today. Thank goodness for FaceTime and Skype! It has helped the kids deal with me be going gone.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Memorial Day!

We have these four days to make-up this week because of the snow. Today is field trip, Wed is talent show, Thurs is field day, and Friday is movie day. Yeah school. :furious:

I also am now traumatised because I had to pull one of my daughters teeth out tonight for the first time,it has been loose for 2 months.

With all the crying & squirming, and then there's the child's behavior. :lmao:
I get it, Philip. Glad you survived.

Morning guys. Back to the old grind today. Thank goodness for FaceTime and Skype! It has helped the kids deal with me be going gone.!

Welcome home. I enjoyed the FB pictures. When will the herd arrive, presuming all goes as planned.

We have these four days to make-up this week because of the snow. Today is field trip, Wed is talent show, Thurs is field day, and Friday is movie day. Yeah school. :furious:
With all the crying & squirming, and then there's the child's behavior. :lmao: I get it, Philip. Glad you survived.

I can't even remember how many snow days DD had this year but it was a lot, I asked a teacher if the year was extended she said they have 15 snow days built in. 15! Public school at its finest!

I hate having to do stuff like that, when she was old enough to know what shots are, I've had to hold her down so she doesn't hurt herself worse.

Morning

Morning guys. Back to the old grind today. Thank goodness for FaceTime and Skype! It has helped the kids deal with me be going gone.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Memorial Day!

Welcome home. It won't be long and everyone will be home.

Umm..yeah....what exactly are they making up for? :rotfl2::confused3

The network at the office went on vacation this weekend and hasn't returned yet. Another hour of play time.

Umm..yeah....what exactly are they making up for? :rotfl2::confused3

That's my point. I think there is some rule about getting Federal tax money based on student attendance. So, even though the schools sent an email stating they will be providing child care only this week, that doesn't exempt them from getting money.

I can't even remember how many snow days DD had this year but it was a lot, I asked a teacher if the year was extended she said they have 15 snow days built in. 15! Public school at its finest!

I hate having to do stuff like that, when she was old enough to know what shots are, I've had to hold her down so she doesn't hurt herself worse.

Same here. We only had to make up 4 snow days because of the others 'built in' to the calendar. My question is always if they don't use the snow days, then do they get out early? Answer is no.

I had to hold down oldest dd for shots. Mine is such a drama queen for anything like that.

We interrupt our normally scheduled "Monday Sucks" post with breaking news...

Due to the 3 days weekend, this week we will have "Tuesday Sucks." Carry on.

We had a great, but very busy, weekend. Drove up to Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. The rangers said spring was running about 3 weeks behind schedule, and it was evident by the ice still on Lake Superior. But life isn't a spectator sport, so we rolled up the pants and decided to conquer an iceberg!

10262267_4238726782843_3937190709714834424_n.jpg

Believe it or not, stepping off the ice and into the ice-cold water actually felt warm. Well, warmer than standing on a giant block of ice, anyway.

That's my point. I think there is some rule about getting Federal tax money based on student attendance. So, even though the schools sent an email stating they will be providing child care only this week, that doesn't exempt them from getting money. Same here. We only had to make up 4 snow days because of the others 'built in' to the calendar. My question is always if they don't use the snow days, then do they get out early? Answer is no.
I think it is a a State law and not a Federal law... It is all about funding though.
Plus, it is in the teacher's contract that we work a certain number of days. We seem to become overpriced babysitters the last week of the year.

‘Morning all…
That was a long long-week-end. The bad thing about time off work Is I spend nearly all of it working.
At least here I can rest my bone and joints a bit. Will probably put quite a dent in the aspirin supply as well.

That's my point. I think there is some rule about getting Federal tax money based on student attendance. So, even though the schools sent an email stating they will be providing child care only this week, that doesn't exempt them from getting money.

I don’t think there is a specific Federal program that associates length of term to funds. Tests… yes (and that’s a different problem), but total days is more a local issue. We have a similar problem here related to “snow days” but it’s 100% the fault and doing of our State Legislature. They passed a law that mandated specific minimum start times and maximum end times for the terms to ensure that the summer oriented businesses would have enough underage employees to exploit through the “traditional” summer months. Not wanting it to look like they were putting three county’s profit margins ahead of the other 43 counties kids, they also tacked on a clause the mandated the total number of days that had to be completed, thus creating the make-up day problem. This year we don’t have an issue because we saw little snow. Last year the missed so many days that Memorial Day was going to have to be a school day to satisfy the law. The legislature then passed a quick bill forgiving one day of their mandate for just that year to quell the anger.

For me, is not an issue any more. The university term ended the second week of May.

We had a great, but very busy, weekend. Drove up to Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. The rangers said spring was running about 3 weeks behind schedule, and it was evident by the ice still on Lake Superior. But life isn't a spectator sport, so we rolled up the pants and decided to conquer an iceberg!

Believe it or not, stepping off the ice and into the ice-cold water actually felt warm. Well, warmer than standing on a giant block of ice, anyway.

Very cool experience there.
My, my but Madison is getting big. They grow up mighty quick don’t they.

I Give You Bacon Potato Salad of Awesomeness!

10415714_286469351531534_2081207035974200791_n.jpg

I'm definitely not a Potato Salad fan but the Bacon addition has me intrigued.

We interrupt our normally scheduled "Monday Sucks" post with breaking news...

Due to the 3 days weekend, this week we will have "Tuesday Sucks." Carry on.

::yes::

So you figured out what frozen things do in summer. Does that make you a Happy Snowman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter