DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Sunday. A decent day at work. Looks like the Saints just can't get past the Vikings. But, at least there are no more Patriots in the playoffs.

...and the Bills season is done again. Did better this year than I had predicted. Good thing is I didn't have to watch the game and see them fall apart as DD had a basketball game. Best one of the season for her so far. Getting more aggressive this year and had several dominating blocks, good rebounds and a lay-up in traffic on her off hand. To those traveling to DDC safe travels and have fun. Take a ride on the TTA for me if you are sober enough to ride the moving ramp up to it.

Bills had a good season and a young team to build from. Congrats to your dd on basketball. As for.the TTA/ Peoplemover, last I heard, it was on fire. It was before DISDAD's arrived.

Don't do coffee... I think I'm the only shift worker in the world who doesn't.

Good! That's a hurdle... um... hurdled.

About 7 more hours to go.

Yeah... that's pretty normal.

Do you do caffeine? Cocaine? Meth? Or, just naturally good on no sleep?

Morning, all!

Well, it's the beginning of a new week and a beginning of a new schedule for me. My boss, he's new, decided that we need someone to stay until 5pm. The fact that this place has never had anyone stay until 5pm in either the stockroom or warehouse means nothing...he wants someone there until 5pm. Ok, he's trying to impress the bosses, I get that, but nothing happens after 4?! Oh well. The only thing that helps me out in this change of schedule is that I have more time in the morning to study, something I'm not doing right now (I'm on break! Yeah....that's it! :teeth:). I actually don't mind it at all. It'll give me an hour without the lead there in the evenings....which means, as long as I'm not bogged down with a ton of work, Dis Time! Well, I'm off to wake the daughter for school. Have fun and I'll chat with you guys at breaks and lunch.

Good morning all. No EPL here this morning, but looking forward to NFL wildcard weekend. I'm enjoying the quiet of the house this morning while everyone is still asleep. You all have a great day.

My Patriots are out this year. They didn't play well and lost it, so it's on them. Besides, I'm sure most of the country is happy about that.

Morning folks.
I might be in a spot of trouble... Night before last I got about 5 hours of sleep... pretty standard for that part of the shift cycle.
But last night, due to a few things going on and a bit of restlessness, I only managed about 3 hours... and now I'm up for the next 28-29 hours.... Uh, oh...

Well, I'm working... hope your weekend is a little better than that!

Yikes! Hope it went well.

Last edited:
Morning all,

First day of work in the new year, easing in slowly so I don't pull anything.

Following along with the guys at DDCC and Terrence Hawkins' daughter Emma and her fundraiser for GKTW. She's attempting to do all the rides in the 4 parks today, she's knocked off 5 so far.

Have a good one all.

And it's another Monday.

Naturally exhausted half the time.

Sucks. When I did night shift at UPS, I was outside on the ramp unloading airplanes. I drank coke, coffee, or some other caffeine product before work. There wasn't space for a whole lot, other that a water bottle. And, you didn't get many opportunities to go off the ramp to get to a drink vending machine.

Morning, all!

Well, it's the beginning of a new week and a beginning of a new schedule for me. My boss, he's new, decided that we need someone to stay until 5pm. The fact that this place has never had anyone stay until 5pm in either the stockroom or warehouse means nothing...he wants someone there until 5pm. Ok, he's trying to impress the bosses, I get that, but nothing happens after 4?! Oh well. The only thing that helps me out in this change of schedule is that I have more time in the morning to study, something I'm not doing right now (I'm on break! Yeah....that's it! :teeth:). I actually don't mind it at all. It'll give me an hour without the lead there in the evenings....which means, as long as I'm not bogged down with a ton of work, Dis Time! Well, I'm off to wake the daughter for school. Have fun and I'll chat with you guys at breaks and lunch.

My Patriots are out this year. They didn't play well and lost it, so it's on them. Besides, I'm sure most of the country is happy about that.

Yikes! Hope it went well.

Enjoy the extra paid work hour for Distime. As for the Patriots, for me, the issue is the cheating. I remember the phrase, "cheaters never win", but that wasn't true in their case. After the Patriots cheated in Spygate, they got penalized nothing. When the Saints players were allegedly in bountygate, they were suspended immediately. Later, it was all overturned and they got their money back, but the season/play time was lost. Then, when the Pat's had deflategate, no penalty until after the playoffs. One team was allowed to cheat without consequence.

Belicheck stunk in Cleveland, so I really can't credit his coaching without cheating. Brady may be the GOAT, but there will always be an an asterick for me.

Morning all,

Following along with the guys at DDCC and Terrence Hawkins' daughter Emma and her fundraiser for GKTW. She's attempting to do all the rides in the 4 parks today, she's knocked off 5 so far.

Have a good one all.

Never want to pull anything on the first day, now. :teeth:

Riding all the rides in the 3 parks in one day? That'd be impressive.

And it's another Monday.

Sucks. When I did night shift at UPS, I was outside on the ramp unloading airplanes. I drank coke, coffee, or some other caffeine product before work. There wasn't space for a whole lot, other that a water bottle. And, you didn't get many opportunities to go off the ramp to get to a drink vending machine.

Enjoy the extra paid work hour for Distime. As for the Patriots, for me, the issue is the cheating. I remember the phrase, "cheaters never win", but that wasn't true in their case. After the Patriots cheated in Spygate, they got penalized nothing. When the Saints players were allegedly in bountygate, they were suspended immediately. Later, it was all overturned and they got their money back, but the season/play time was lost. Then, when the Pat's had deflategate, no penalty until after the playoffs. One team was allowed to cheat without consequence.

Belicheck stunk in Cleveland, so I really can't credit his coaching without cheating. Brady may be the GOAT, but there will always be an an asterick for me.

I honestly don't follow sports enough to know, so I can't comment on the cheating, but I like the Patriots.

Top of the Mornin Dads! Good Luck today to Terry's Daughter
Head down to join the shenanigans late tomorrow afternoon just need to wrap up year and month end requirements by 2:00 tomorrow afternoon. Gonna miss ya Darcy but Scott and I will live stream or facetime / pm ya with a cold beer from our spot either Wednesday or Saturday. Keep the place clean while some of us are gone fellas and follow along on the other place when you can. Cheers!

Last edited:
Ugh...well my weekend is not much better since I'm still working night shifts. But thankfully I haven't had too much trouble sleeping in the day time. I haven't had quite as much sleep as I normally would, but it's been OK.
I hope you get through it OK.

I still haven't caught a game. This night shift has me all messed up. When I wake up in the afternoons, I can barely remember what day it is. I haven't even thought of putting a game on.
Hang in there and hoping things get easier for you.
4 parks, I think it is around 48 rides.
Yep all 4 parks - they are doing MK tonight as there is After Hours Magic for the park from 8:00 - 11:00.

Riding all the rides in the 3 parks in one day? That'd be impressive.
They're trying for all 4 parks, that's gotta be impossible.

Getting excited for our trip at the end of February! We are going to do HS to check out all the new stuff on the day of our anniversary. Besides that, we are getting a rental car and driving around to check out apartment complexes and neighborhoods, preparing for a move at the end of the year. I'm really excited to get in some warm weather and Disney time at the end of winter! So far the Agenda includes:
- Dinner at The Edison on Friday
- Dinner at Narcoossee's on Saturday
- Dinner at Topolino's Tarrace on Sunday, after a day at Disney Springs
- Breakfast at The Wave on Monday

Hey, I like this! Incorporating the idea of load management into the daily workplace. I mean, if it's good enough for LeBron and Joel Embiid... :rotfl2:

That'd be awesome to pull it off. Hope they can do it!

I'm no fan of the Patriots, either. The cheating bothers me, and there's an arrogance from the franchise that bothers me too. Plus I just got sick of them winning all the time.

Head down to join the shenanigans late tomorrow afternoon just need to wrap up year and month end requirements by 2:00 tomorrow afternoon. Gonna miss ya Darcy but Scott and I will live stream or facetime / pm ya with a cold beer from our spot either Wednesday or Saturday. Keep the place clean while some of us are gone fellas and follow along on the other place when you can. Cheers!

Have fun storming the castle!

Cool. I don't think I've tried any of those places!

I honestly don't follow sports enough to know, so I can't comment on the cheating, but I like the Patriots.

And, I'm not knocking Patriots fan. Cheer for your home team or whoever you want. I can only hope to ever be a professional. I've won a few tournaments at my talent level. I hated cheating way more than losing.

Top of the Mornin Dads! Good Luck today Emma (Terry's Daughter)

Have a great trip.

They're trying for all 4 parks, that's gotta be impossible.

Getting excited for our trip at the end of February! We are going to do HS to check out all the new stuff on the day of our anniversary. Besides that, we are getting a rental car and driving around to check out apartment complexes and neighborhoods, preparing for a move at the end of the year. I'm really excited to get in some warm weather and Disney time at the end of winter! So far the Agenda includes:

Been to Narcossee and the Wave. Not been to Topolini or the Edison. Where are they and what's good on the menu?

Hey, I like this! Incorporating the idea of load management into the daily workplace. I mean, if it's good enough for LeBron and Joel Embiid... :rotfl2:

I'm no fan of the Patriots, either. The cheating bothers me, and there's an arrogance from the franchise that bothers me too. Plus I just got sick of them winning all the time

Load management. That's why I'm not at work this afternoon. Brilliant.

As for winning all time, that's not it. I enjoyed watching Jordan, er um, the Bulls win. Shaq was fun with the Lakers. James was terrific with the Heat/Cavs. Steph was fun with the Warriors. The 90s Cowboys were fun too watch (I know it's not the Eagles). The 49ers with Primetime highstepping was just amazing to watch. Watching Federer & Serena winning championships was terrific. Man City, Man United, Liverpool all terrific. And, I'm not a particular fan of all those teams. I love watching the high talent/ quality players. That's what sports is all about. So, it's not the Pats winning. It's the cheating.

Picked up some Don Julio Anejo tequila and have been enjoying it today.

We are excited to try them! This will be our first vacation by ourselves since DS was born. He's 2 now, and will be staying at home with both of his grandma's taking turns watching him

We did a Disneymoon, our only trip without kids. Went the week after Labor Day to no crowds. Can't wait to do it again. But, still have to wait a few more years until youngest is out of HS.

Couldn't tell you what's good, as these will all be new for me! The Edison is at Disney Springs, Topolino is at the new Riviera Resort

The new Riviera resort looks interesting. We will probably get over there eventually. VGF is the last DVC resort we haven't stayed at DW, but the points are almost double what our home resort or BWV is.

Do they randomly add an hour throughout the day at times? How would you know if that happened?

They've done it a few times when there are unexpectedly high crowd levels. If you are close enough to a CM with a radio, you'll hear chatter about them calling in extra CMs. The first time, we weren't sure what was happening. After that, we left the park or changed our plans in the park. Large unplanned crowds can lead to big wait times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter