DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy evening everyone.
I am excited to report that I'll be at the DisDad's Convention this January. Well, I'll be there with my entire family, including my Mother-in-law and her husband.
On the one hand, i won't be able to get away, and on the other hand, I'll really want to get away. :)

Hopefully, I'll meet up with a few of you all at some point. I'm planning 'Ohana early, since I'm running the full, but checking out the same day. I won't have the opportunity for the post-race 'Ohana meal. Thursday, though, I'm going to (hopefully) get a spot at Beached & Cream, and FINALLY order the Kitchen Sink. I've been talking about it for years (literally), so it'll be nice to finally enjoy one.

Happy Tuesday, Group!

Ya' know how it is that you go out of your way to make sure that all the work gets done early so that you don't have to worry about that nonsense just before heading out on vacation?

Ya' know how once you do that work your management invariably waits until three days after the normal deadline to add additional details that require you to go back and redo three quarters of that work?

don't ya' just love it when that happens?

I wonder just what time (if at all) I'll actually get to bed tonight and tomorrow?
Sounds terrible, but at least there's the vacation to look forward to. Hope you manage to get it all done so you can start enjoying life.

Just a few things to wrap up, and I should be done on Thursday and enjoy some relaxing time away. School ends for my girls on Thursday this week. We are trying to finalize summer plans of swimming and tennis.
You mean school ends for the summer on Thursday? Wow, my girls still have another month. Or course the weather up here barely qualifies as summer yet, so they might as well stay in school.

The HS banquet is over. Youngest dd earned her varsity letter and the most applause from the boys coach and the boys on the squad. It seems as if her girl teammates were not overly enthusiastic that a 7th grader out performed them for a varsity spot. Pettiness starts in the home. Her doubles partner (junior) cheered for her, and that is good enough for me. The pizza and beer were good.
Awesome to hear. Congrats to her. Too bad her female teammates weren't all that supportive.

Just in my experience with raising daughters, young girls can be so vindictive. Much harder to deal with than boys, in that respect. I've seen too much personality type drama. But then I guess boys just get into "trouble", so neither one is easy.

A while ago I got a voucher from AA when I volunteered to get bumped from a flight. The remaining amount was about to expire so before it did, I booked a flight to NYC. The flight is finally coming up this weekend but I really didn't think I could go. Decided to reevaluate it and found I could book the rooms using Holiday Inn points. So I am leaving Thursday morning and coming back Sunday. Only expenses will be what I spend there. Looking forward to it since it is the first time I got away since Marathon Weekend in January.
So, kind of a free trip to NYC. Nice one. I've been a couple times and always enjoyed it. Any plans to catch a Broadway show, or is that your thing?

I am excited to report that I'll be at the DisDad's Convention this January. Well, I'll be there with my entire family, including my Mother-in-law and her husband.
On the one hand, i won't be able to get away, and on the other hand, I'll really want to get away. :)
Sounds good. I'd like to get to the convention one day. I wonder if DW would let me sneak away for a short solo trip? Hmm....

triple post...double oops...stupid wifi hanging up.....

OK, so as not to have a useless post, something you probably all know about, but I never realized it had it's own website before.

http://www.pixartheory.com/

Last edited:
Mornin' all.
I'm never the first one here, feels weird.

Sweetbreads as in pancreas mate
Not bad. I prefer mine cooked in menudo, but if it is poached correctly before they fry it it is good stuff.

Rainy day here but we missed the severe weather; keep safe out there for all of you in the path of the storms.

Mornin' all.
I'm never the first one here, feels weird.
Did you sweep up and feed the cat? We have to maintain standards in the clubhouse.

Welcome to the back half of the week chaps. On a train back from Birmingham.

And just remember, you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

That is all.

Happy Wednesday. Well, someone at the University decided to pull the plug a couple days earlier than scheduled, but just didn't tell anyone. So, I had a room full of people and had to adapt all the technology on the fly. Made it work, but sure is frustrating. Anyway, good news is there is tennis tonight. You all have a great day of humpin. :lmao:

A while ago I got a voucher from AA when I volunteered to get bumped from a flight. The remaining amount was about to expire so before it did, I booked a flight to NYC. The flight is finally coming up this weekend but I really didn't think I could go. Decided to reevaluate it and found I could book the rooms using Holiday Inn points. So I am leaving Thursday morning and coming back Sunday. Only expenses will be what I spend there. Looking forward to it since it is the first time I got away since Marathon Weekend in January.

Have a great trip. You could have flown in to visit me and we could have closed down the bourbon bar each day, and trying the over 100 bourbons there. Maybe next time.

Happy evening everyone.

Hopefully, I'll meet up with a few of you all at some point. I'm planning 'Ohana early, since I'm running the full, but checking out the same day. I won't have the opportunity for the post-race 'Ohana meal. Thursday, though, I'm going to (hopefully) get a spot at Beached & Cream, and FINALLY order the Kitchen Sink. I've been talking about it for years (literally), so it'll be nice to finally enjoy one.

Happy Tuesday, Group!

Have fun at the ddcc. I still haven't done the kitchen sink, and not sure I want all those flavors of ice cream mixing.

You mean school ends for the summer on Thursday? Wow, my girls still have another month. Or course the weather up here barely qualifies as summer yet, so they might as well stay in school.

Just in my experience with raising daughters, young girls can be so vindictive. Much harder to deal with than boys, in that respect. I've seen too much personality type drama. But then I guess boys just get into "trouble", so neither one is easy

Usually, we close school when one snowflake appears in the sky. So, make up snow days were scheduled into first week of June. Since there was only one missed day, freedom is early.

As for the other, I noticed that earlier about them, so I had prepared her a bit. She has always been chasing her older sister, and I think that has prepared her as well. I also know the coaching cheats that are taught in HS, so she is used to.taking with me about stuff.

And just remember, you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

You can have the watery tart. I'm going to face the peril at Castle Anthrax.

Last edited:
Leaving at about 5 am tomorrow so I need to get everything done today. Electronics (minus computer) are packed and confirmations printed. Clothes will be thrown in the suitcase later tonight. Starting to look forward to this. Imagining seated on the plane and having a Bloody Mary.

Score! Enjoy that mate, especially as its a freebie.

Good deal, I know NYC has a special place in your history so enjoy and safe travels.

So, kind of a free trip to NYC. Nice one. I've been a couple times and always enjoyed it. Any plans to catch a Broadway show, or is that your thing?

Thanks. Looking forward to see a couple of friends and some of the sights. It will be the first time I will see the completed Tower and the Memorial Wall. i won't be going into the museum, still don't think I can take that.

I will definitely see a Broadway show while I am there just don't know what yet. Need to do a little research and hit the TKTS booth for a discounted ticket. There are also a couple of places there I used to hang out and want to see if they are still open.

It was very good. We all shared appetisers and then kept going. Sweetbreads as in pancreas mate, they were pretty good but the least favourite of all the servings.

i think I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

I am excited to report that I'll be at the DisDad's Convention this January.

Welcome to the chaos that is known as the DDC

Saw Spamalot in London when we were there. Hilarious.

a' know how it is that you go out of your way to make sure that all the work gets done early so that you don't have to worry about that nonsense just before heading out on vacation?

Ya' know how once you do that work your management invariably waits until three days after the normal deadline to add additional details that require you to go back and redo three quarters of that work?

don't ya' just love it when that happens?

I wonder just what time (if at all) I'll actually get to bed tonight and tomorrow?
:headache:

Well...that sucks. Hope you can handle it.

Where are you off to? WDW? Or other parts?

Which is just bad management. I've had plenty over the years, so yes, I get it. Hope you can get some rest and enjoy your vacation.

Did someone say bad management? My ears were burning.

Have fun storming the Big Apple!

Sweetbreads as in pancreas mate, they were pretty good but the least favourite of all the servings.

I'm sorry...did you say pancreas?
MmSwEKi3m_NH-2tF-OCONXxFJRdhquEIGgyaf9eYw4fqjtgJJzB-o_qU2GbW-3DIUYToZhn4qG4CFdGuCEWmnIylLS2Iw83huoERGRq5Bzf07kJEKbrxHQ90VkLBtVOvymuFspFuK98xloRK1WxV1rQYwJVz2jyhUL7jjEnjfB8vpPDHoqiyMS7AU4fmgPtk6EL6Ib6OnyTwa6QMS2l2fJ47RU4aLiYqAem8eavU_hqIu5ZKlil8ETzmz5tJIE7wTELSzIfNnbI23a8ZfgyaIAg4SYs3F0oIUFTTv6nm93TqdJnoV7ogVCY8lJYeuP_xwEFWiQZdgOpEqDAOtDnL-ph2wHXtSYtkm3iqFSzwYtN_wOXgmfKWs_kDHvNtQLbHm7Jgfoq57bKuga0ImxkAnHA7NgvzOnZiGLKvI7HVq4uLNalmHbvUv9VykQVGZC6rLDASytYOzYECf8wURO58GncN4DNb9mMJDwk44etQ74X6jua8vJSKUuU4Tj0a2jILJAYmZtPSE79ec8lh9ZQoaC7DfXV8Dukf3mvywKJZ4GWX0ibGcTYU9LTE7dZwu2ffUfuLAh4fu0-QR5wIFGaMj9v0NQS92ncLUMngNgPDPAI8r0Fy_PF4=w66-h34-no

Just in my experience with raising daughters, young girls can be so vindictive. Much harder to deal with than boys, in that respect. I've seen too much personality type drama. But then I guess boys just get into "trouble", so neither one is easy.

This is why I just send the kids to their mother and let her deal with them.:duck:

triple post...double oops...stupid wifi hanging up.....

Wow, the ultra-rare triple post! Congratulations!

I also know the coaching cheats that are taught in HS, so she is used to.taking with me about stuff.

Are these like cheat codes you enter in video games?

It will be the first time I will see the completed Tower and the Memorial Wall. i won't be going into the museum, still don't think I can take that.

Can't blame you there. The memorial is powerful enough.

I will definitely see a Broadway show while I am there just don't know what yet.

Aladdin was awfully good.

Finally!
I think I got everything straightened back out.
Now if management will just keep their hands out of the cookie jar and let these numbers stand it's all goin'a be good.
If they change things again, then for my own good I'm going to need one of y'all to hide the ammunition.

Safe travels. I forgot where you are going.
Fla!
I'm in serious need of a Dole Whip or twelve.

Did you sweep up and feed the cat? We have to maintain standards in the clubhouse.

Welcome to the back half of the week chaps. On a train back from Birmingham.

That is all.

12kzle.jpg

Too much stuff going on, holy cow! Refrigerator still ain't fixed, long story short, replacement part of last week (condenser) also failed as determined by Saturday service call. DS regular car maintenance work can't find short that intermittently indicates air bag issue. Couple other house repair things go wrong that require return trips and arguing about return trip coast my a$$ and DW is like a dang Care Bear with this stuff so then I have to get involved which is a pain when work is crazy..................... vent over and we are more than half way through :-)
Happy Tuesday. Another beautiful day on campus. Sadly, this is the week off before summer semester, so no scantily clad college girls around campus. They will be out in numbers in June. Just a few things to wrap up, and I should be done on Thursday and enjoy some relaxing time away. School ends for my girls on Thursday this week. We are trying to finalize summer plans of swimming and tennis.

The HS banquet is over. Youngest dd earned her varsity letter and the most applause from the boys coach and the boys on the squad. It seems as if her girl teammates were not overly enthusiastic that a 7th grader out performed them for a varsity spot. Pettiness starts in the home. Her doubles partner (junior) cheered for her, and that is good enough for me. The pizza and beer were good.
Congrats to DD and you had pizza and beer at a school sports awards?

Sounds good. I'd like to get to the convention one day. I wonder if DW would let me sneak away for a short solo trip? Hmm....
Yep, they hold petty grudges, don't forget things, have to have drama and everything has to go to defcon 1. Boys give each other a hard time, maybe a fight here and there but always move on .......................
Not me, I threw up a lot and all over the place
Finally!
I think I got everything straightened back out.
Now if management will just keep their hands out of the cookie jar and let these numbers stand it's all goin'a be good.
If they change things again, then for my own good I'm going to need one of y'all to hide the ammunition.
Fla!
Good to hear and that much closer to those Dole Whips!

Did someone say bad management? My ears were burning.

Are these like cheat codes you enter in video games?

Bad management? Not you. Just ask your staff. :lmao:

Cheating is HS & college tennis is calling lines out, but just certain lines that are furthest away from spectator, coach, official so there's little chance of an overrule. Then, there are tricks like bouncing the ball off your foot and walk over to retrieve it, which gives you more time in between points.

Sounds terrific. I'm available to join you if necessary.

Standards? When did we get standards? We are dads....

Dan has standards, he's British.

Well, it is your duty as a knight to sample as much peril as you can.

And sample I will. Now, if I can just find that castle.

!

Sorry to hear about the calamity. And yes, I had beer and pizza. The HS players just had pizza. C'mon man!

It will be the first time I will see the completed Tower and the Memorial Wall. i won't be going into the museum, still don't think I can take that.
Last time I was in NYC they had just put the last piece of structural steel atop the Tower. I did stop by the museum. It's very hard to see.

Need to do a little research and hit the TKTS booth for a discounted ticket.
One tip, you have hours long lines all day, but 45 minutes before show time it's almost empty. I walked right up to the window, picked a show that was nearby (Sister Act) and walked there in 10 minutes. It wouldn't work for the popular shows, but you might find it a time saver.

Too much stuff going on, holy cow! Refrigerator still ain't fixed, long story short, replacement part of last week (condenser) also failed as determined by Saturday service call. DS regular car maintenance work can't find short that intermittently indicates air bag issue. Couple other house repair things go wrong that require return trips and arguing about return trip coast my a$$ and DW is like a dang Care Bear with this stuff so then I have to get involved which is a pain when work is crazy..................... vent over and we are more than half way through :-)
Dang, that's a lot of complications at the same time. Being an adult sucks sometimes.

If anyone remembers a couple months back the bottom element in my stove shattered. The replacement works, but it's way hotter than the old one. DW complains about burned cookies all the time. She's already moved the rack up and turned the heat down 50 deg from the recipe. So I'm not sure but I might just get a new stove. Adult stuff sucks.

Morning chaps, swept up and Figaro has been fed. Seeing as it wasn't done yesterday. Yeah, I'm looking your way, Cliff.

Safe travels @cj9200 , and enjoy your visit. Hope the visit to the WTC goes OK. All the best buddy.

Dan has standards, he's British.
.......and therefore obviously been raised by Mary Poppins.
The replacement works, but it's way hotter than the old one
If you were talking about girlfriends, this would only be a positive.
I'd get that checked out Mike. Such a violent reaction to a "waffer theeen" piece of pancreas? That's Mr Creosote territory. And look what happened to him.

Have a good day boys, in London there is only a day and a half left of work.

Its better than its sounds. You should give it a try. We raised and processed our own beef growing up; and we use everything but the mooo.

Is that wrong?? I need to change some plans.

Yeah, I'm looking your way, Cliff.
Hey I was on recycling duty and took all the beer cans to the recycle center. We are well on the way to moving our clubhouse to Golden Oaks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter