DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Friday. Oldest's schedule is fixed, supplies bought, and fees paid. Time to return to school.

Well boys Im calling it a week for myself. One shift tonight officiating volleyball then I am off from all 3 jobs for a full week. :dance3::cool1::drinking1:woohoo:party::Pinkbounc:jumping3:

Always getting the better of me Cliffy, with me and my two jobs.

Any dads have advice on teaching their kids how to drive.
In particular I'm struggling with helping Noah understand that the break doesn't exist in 2 positions (on/off) and getting him to apply and release it more gradually. I think he "knows" how it should be done but when we he starts driving he doesn't seem to be able to get his body to execute what he knows.

We've been parking lot driving. I have her practice over and over starting, stopping, and turning. She's getting better, but still not great. I've thought about a hard boiled egg under the pedal, and she is she is stepping hard enough to break the egg shell (parking lot driving).

Few minutes to check in, hope everyone is doing well.
Not as well as you are mate with those Female Volleyball Players and the sun tan lotion. Well played sir. Candidacy for Life of Darcy moment....
Orange strawberry pineapple juice, cranberry juice, spiced rum, white rum. I added a splash of grenadine for sweetness and colour. Try this website for recipes.
http://www.partythroughtheparks.com/
Cheers mate. This is going to towards the "Poly at home" we are doing tomorrow night, to get over the post Disney blues.
Edit: What, no shudder emoji? Okay :scared1:
That emoji just about sums it up mate. Maybe we'll meet up next time. When they let me out of Debtors Prison.
Well boys Im calling it a week for myself. One shift tonight officiating volleyball then I am off from all 3 jobs for a full week. :dance3::cool1::drinking1:woohoo:party::Pinkbounc:jumping3:
From the emojis, I take it you are relatively happy with this situation, yes? Enjoy your week off Cliff.
Heck of a trip though. Happy to say, "Welcome home." Have a safe flight back.
That it was mate. I might take inspiration from you'se guys and do a trip report.
BBQ chicken perhaps?
Treat that noble creature the way God intended, CJ. Stick a full beer can up its butt for a couple of hours, over some propane or charcoal.
but I wondered if i was missing something.
Nope, you are realising a recurring outgoing, which should never be considered as available cashflow.
Here is how I do it. I have two accounts,
We have a similar principle, but with 6 accounts.

Afternoon boys from back over the pond. Trying to stay awake for another 7 hours so we can get over the Jetlag. Its gonna be a long one.

In particular I'm struggling with helping Noah understand that the break doesn't exist in 2 positions (on/off) and getting him to apply and release it more gradually. I think he "knows" how it should be done but when we he starts driving he doesn't seem to be able to get his body to execute what he knows.

That's typical. What I've done is taken my kids to an empty parking lot (school parking lot in summer is good) and just had them move about 10 ft and then stop. Lather, rinse, repeat. Since they're not going fast, it tends to teach more gradual braking. Then move up to 20 ft, then 30. They'll be going a touch faster each time. As with any other skill, it's about building muscle memory and his muscles are not conditioned for gradual yet.

Like the others have said...
Parking lots and practice.
He'll get over the video-game affect of not being use to getting proper feedback from the "controller" in time.
Imagine how much tougher it'd be if he was also learning to deal with a standard Transmission at the same time.

Top O the Morning Dads! Looking forward to a calm weekend with only work is cleaning guts of grill. Gonna do a ham and pineapple on the grill Sunday and tomorrow night doing a WDW night with taco salads from Pecos Bill's, Safari Amber from AK, popcorn in boxes, soft pretzel and churros for snacking with plans to either tune into Dpark radio or Sorcerer Radio for nighttime shows.
Been said already but I did empty parking lot with both kids for a good amount of practice - drive straight and just stop use a parking lot line for the stop for him - over & over & over.
Cheers mate. This is going to towards the "Poly at home" we are doing tomorrow night, to get over the post Disney blues.
Great minds think alike in doing DaWorld at home :thumbsup2

Happy Friday. Oldest's schedule is fixed, supplies bought, and fees paid. Time to return to school.
We've been parking lot driving. I have her practice over and over starting, stopping, and turning. She's getting better, but still not great. I've thought about a hard boiled egg under the pedal, and she is she is stepping hard enough to break the egg shell (parking lot driving).

He'll get over the video-game affect of not being use to getting proper feedback from the "controller" in time.
Imagine how much tougher it'd be if he was also learning to deal with a standard Transmission at the same time.
That's how I learned. I was in a really hilly park and my dad had me stop and start over and over again until I could start on a hill with out rolling back and hold the car still using the clutch and not the brake. Good times. I wish I still had a manual.

Been said already but I did empty parking lot with both kids for a good amount of practice - drive straight and just stop use a parking lot line for the stop for him - over & over & over.
Thanks for all the tips quys. We've done a lot of parking lot driving but I had been mainly focussed on getting him into and out of parking spots easily. The starting/and stopping tips are good.

We did the secret Nacho's at Peco's bills when we were there this past weekend. It was a lot of food for 4 people. Most of the other groups had 7 or 8 adults so we had a much harder time and still had a lot left. For those that want to do this, we did notice that the people that ordered their with everything on the side seemed to get more and seemed to get their order faster too.

If you just ordered them you got everything piled in the same serving dish. If you ordered everything on the side, you got a pile of chips that was the same size as the entire the order the other way. Then you got a tin plate filled with ground beef, a plate of chicken etc. It also seemed to keep the chips from getting soggy.

Last edited:
That's how I learned. I was in a really hilly park and my dad had me stop and start over and over again until I could start on a hill with out rolling back and hold the car still using the clutch and not the brake. Good times. I wish I still had a manual.

Thanks for all the tips quys. We've done a lot of parking lot driving but I had been mainly focussed on getting him into and out of parking spots easily. The starting/and stopping tips are good.

For getting into parking spots, setup a couple of cones (or some other way to mark a particular spot). Have him drive from one direction and turn into the spot marked by the cones and continue through (not stopping). Have him do it from the other direction. This will work on his judging when to turn and the turning radius without actual cars. The driving through is to do this without hitting the cones and focusing ONLY on the turning. After he gets this down, then have him stop in the spot. This allows him to learn only one technique before adding the second.

Saw those women's beach volley ball pictures on Facebook. Tough job you have there, buddy. :lmao:

Not as well as you are mate with those Female Volleyball Players and the sun tan lotion. Well played sir. Candidacy for Life of Darcy moment....

Unfortunately for me, I only shared those pictures. I wasn't able to make it to the venue this time.

My advice - Drivers Ed. ;)

Afternoon boys from back over the pond. Trying to stay awake for another 7 hours so we can get over the Jetlag. Its gonna be a long one.

I recommend beer for that. I tend to recommend beer for most everything.

I remember my first vehicle - four cylinder pick up truck, 4 speed manual transmission. I tried to teach DW how to drive my manual transmission car. Now that was a terrible experience.

Top O the Morning Dads! Looking forward to a calm weekend with only work is cleaning guts of grill. Gonna do a ham and pineapple on the grill Sunday and tomorrow night doing a WDW night with taco salads from Pecos Bill's, Safari Amber from AK, popcorn in boxes, soft pretzel and churros for snacking
:thumbsup2

Sounds great. I'm on my way.

We did the secret Nacho's at Peco's bills when we were there this past weekend. It was a lot of food for 4 people. Most of the other groups had 7 or 8 adults so we had a much harder time and still had a lot left. For those that want to do this, we did notice that the people that ordered their with everything on the side seemed to get more and seemed to get their order faster too.

If you just ordered them you got everything piled in the same serving dish. If you ordered everything on the side, you got a pile of chips that was the same size as the entire the order the other way. Then you got a tin plate filled with ground beef, a plate of chicken etc. It also seemed to keep the chips from getting soggy.

Good tip. I'm not sure i can get my family back to Pecos Bill. They didn't have a good meal there like 10 years ago, and they haven't wanted to try it sense.

Unfortunately for me, I only shared those pictures. I wasn't able to make it to the venue this time.

;)

Sure. That's just the alibi you're trying with the wife. :lmao:

Happy Saturday Gents! All caught up on the Club's hijinks for this week. Sure wish the DIS was open when I have free time during the week, but until then...

Prayers for those in need; Praise for those deserving; Disney, Dole Whips & Bacon for All!

giphy.gif

Looking forward to a calm weekend with only work is cleaning guts of grill. Gonna do a ham and pineapple on the grill Sunday and tomorrow night doing a WDW night with taco salads from Pecos Bill's, Safari Amber from AK, popcorn in boxes, soft pretzel and churros for snacking with plans to either tune into Dpark radio or Sorcerer Radio for nighttime shows.
Great minds think alike in doing DaWorld at home :thumbsup2
We are having Steak and Shrimp Skewers, Pineapple Salsa, Noodles, Lapu Lapu's, Captains Mai Tai's, Kona Beer, and a cheat Bread pudding. Enjoy yours mate, sounds lovely. We might put the fireworks on at 9.

Lazy day today. Woke up at 3:30 am and couldn't go back to sleep. Finally dozed off at around 6 and woke up at 10 so the morning was shot. Decided to do some paperwork instead of stuff around the house.

I can't add anything to the other suggestions already given except one thing. Make sure you have your favorite alcohol standing by for when the lesson is over. Good luck.

That is way too early. At least you got your part done.

Treat that noble creature the way God intended, CJ. Stick a full beer can up its butt for a couple of hours, over some propane or charcoal.

Top O the Morning Dads! Looking forward to a calm weekend with only work is cleaning guts of grill. Gonna do a ham and pineapple on the grill Sunday and tomorrow night doing a WDW night with taco salads from Pecos Bill's, Safari Amber from AK, popcorn in boxes, soft pretzel and churros for snacking with plans to either tune into Dpark radio or Sorcerer Radio for nighttime shows.

We are having Steak and Shrimp Skewers, Pineapple Salsa, Noodles, Lapu Lapu's, Captains Mai Tai's, Kona Beer, and a cheat Bread pudding. Enjoy yours mate, sounds lovely. We might put the fireworks on at 9.

No beer can tonight. Have a friend coming over from the UK in October and that is one of his favorite foods so I'll make it then. Called an audible so am making a King Louie salad. Substituting shrimp for the crab. Shrimp cocktail for an appetizer.

Happy Saturday Gents! All caught up on the Club's hijinks for this week. Sure wish the DIS was open when I have free time during the week, but until then...

Hey Santa. You could get up earlier, it was running at 3:30 this morning. Hope things are well, give Jodi a hug from me. The Pirate Princess says hello.

Last edited:
Shrimp cocktail for an appetizer.
Love me a shrimp cocktail.

Afternoon boys from a sunny London. Back to the grind tomorrow. Should be an interesting one. The Lapu Lapu's went down well last night, as did the Captain's Mai Tai's. Woke up from 1-3 with jet lag. Have a great day chaps...

Happy Sunday. Did my usual 6 hours of church work this morning and picked up another volunteer. Things are starting to break into a rhythm.

Went to Nashville yesterday for a short trip. Sorry we didn't call Mike. DW wanted crab, and the only thing we have locally is a Red Lobster. It isn't bad, but it's not King Crab legs.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Hey, nobody called it yesterday and hope nobody is still waiting for it to get called. If so, that's it enjoy the weekend gents"

Calling it. Wait, too late.

Sounds like a good menu. How did the fireworks go?

You could get up earlier, it was running at 3:30 this morning. Hope things are well, give Jodi a hug from me. The Pirate Princess says hello.

3:30 AM is rough. Glad you made it a few more hours for some sleep.

Sounds like a good menu. How did the fireworks go?
Awesome mate, I just typed in 'Happily Ever After' into the Apple TV and we had a great show....
Food was pretty good, went for it and did the Kona Cafe honey bread with the macadamia nut butter as well. You know, the one you saw my kids inhale.
Sounds like you had a good trip to Nashville.

Afternoon Gents.

Quite day in Winnipeg at the Games. Week two teams arrived yesterday and today is a practice day for all of them. I'm working with wrestling this week and they practice until Tuesday and start to compete on Wednesday.

Hope everyone is doing well and are avoiding the hot, dry days that we've been getting for the last month or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter