DDP and sharing credits

01Sweetpea

DIS Veteran
My family of 5 - DH, Me & 3 kids 13,11,11 are going to WDW during Thanksgiving. I'm thinking of getting the DDP for ALL of us, but have a question. We'll be there 7 nights so that would be 35TS credits and 35CS credits and 35 snack credits.

I know the kids want to 2 character meals - Chef Mickey's & Crystal Palace as well as HRRD - which will take 4TS credits each or 20TS credits total, over 1/2 of our alloted TS credits.

Other than that, I'm sure the 11yos will order off the children's menus as the adult menu will be to much for them. I've looked over some of the menu's and they would prefer chicken nuggets, pizza or spaghetti to some of the other offerings on the adult menu.

So, is it OK for the 3 of us to use the remaining TS credits and pay for the other two OOP? I know I want to eat at Le Cellier, Mama Melrose with the Fantasmic dinner package, Kona's and maybe Concourse Steakhouse.

Thanks!

I won't know until next month for sure...but I do believe you can use them however you want... if you want to split some meals etc....

I am doing almost the same thing. But instead of using the spare cerdits for signature dining we are using them for my parents. So I will buy 2 meals for mom and dad with dining plan and they will buy dinner for the 11 and 12 yo's in cash from the childrens menu. Everyone wins, my parents save $, i still use all my TS credits and the boys get the kids meals any 11 or 12 yo would want, and not a full adult meal they won't eat.

And it's not cheating because the big boys paid for adult meals and the credits are being used for adults, just like your plan. Sounds Great!

Three of us on the DDP and 19 yo will only use 1 TS for fantasmic. He will use some of our CS and we will use the rest of his TS's. This is our third time on vairous dinning plans and it works just fine. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Thanks everyone... this looks like what we are going to do. Now have to start planning which restaurants for which days and get ready to make ADRs.

I have been leaving this part for last in planning...since we will be at a rate of 4 adults (wish they had a junior rate) anyway...$160 a day is usaually more than we spend on average, so we were thinking since DH is the big eater, to do 2 DDP and pay for kids cash, or DH and DD on plan and DS and I cash as we split meals a lot. Can we do this or is it all or nothing?
Sorry, I am DDP impaired..that is why I am putting it off, that and I do not need to be eating tons of food "to get our $'s worth" in the heat of summer...'cause I would do that, maybe...desserts.... :rolleyes1 Also, it seems complicated, and we do tend to "wing it " at about 70% of our eating, hate being limited to where we made ADR's if we decide to switch parks etc. Is it easy to keep track of what your points are or the ones you've used? I am just lazy on vacation, the thought of keeping track of this overwhelms me.

Pam

FINFAN said:
I have been leaving this part for last in planning...since we will be at a rate of 4 adults (wish they had a junior rate) anyway...$160 a day is usaually more than we spend on average, so we were thinking since DH is the big eater, to do 2 DDP and pay for kids cash, or DH and DD on plan and DS and I cash as we split meals a lot. Can we do this or is it all or nothing?
Sorry, I am DDP impaired..that is why I am putting it off, that and I do not need to be eating tons of food "to get our $'s worth" in the heat of summer...'cause I would do that, maybe...desserts.... :rolleyes1 Also, it seems complicated, and we do tend to "wing it " at about 70% of our eating, hate being limited to where we made ADR's if we decide to switch parks etc. Is it easy to keep track of what your points are or the ones you've used? I am just lazy on vacation, the thought of keeping track of this overwhelms me.

Pam

I think the only way around having to purchase 4 DDPs is to book your reservation for only two people (with 2 DPPs) and then purchase the MYW tickets for your children separately. I know some flamers will say this is unethical since you'd have two extra people staying in your room who weren't reported as part of the package, but it's not like they would have added a surcharge on the room cost if you HAD booked the room for 4. For that reason, I personally don't find this unethical at all.

01Sweetpea said:
So, is it OK for the 3 of us to use the remaining TS credits and pay for the other two OOP? I know I want to eat at Le Cellier, Mama Melrose with the Fantasmic dinner package, Kona's and maybe Concourse Steakhouse.

Thanks!

You will want to use your credits for the Fantasmic Package otherwise you will need to pay the adult price for them:

Fantasmic Dinner Package - Mama Melrose $28.99 adult/$10.99 child (3-9)

This is how my DD did this. She only made reservation fo 5, 2 adults 2 teens and one child. When they checked in, they added their other teen and purched his tickets then. They did not have to add him to the DDP. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter