DDP - can an adult get food from the kids' menu?

Fintastic

Living vicariously
My daughter is going to be 14 on our trip. She's considered an adult as far as the DDP goes, but she would rather order off the kids' menu. Is she allowed to do that?

I think it's generally possible (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but this would be a poor use of the DDP. You may consider saving some money by not getting the plan, or paying OOP for her when she orders off the kid's menu and put those credits towards a signature restaurant (or other 2 credit meal).

Yes, you can always use credits when you're giving up money. Disney likes it that way. As KrazeeK mentioned, that would put quite the gouge in your DDP value proposition. I'd say that would tip the balance toward not doing DDP as the cheaper option.

On our last trip my ds was 12 and we went to La Hacienda in Mexico and he didn't want anything on the adult menu. They made him a double portion of chicken taco's from the children's menu. They were very accommodating.

I would suggest paying out of pocket for her kids meals, and using the extra credits to allow for more TS meals or to get to eat at some Signatures. That way, you are getting more bang for your buck, especially if you are on a free dining plan!

I'm wondering if the OP has free dining.

Looks like she's going in October. FD isn't available to US residents in October. OP may be an international visitor though, and I don't know what deals were/are available to them.

No Oct? Is that usual?

I agree with you then, pay OOP for those meals and use her credits for a signature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter