DDP is soo much worse!

cisco911

Mouseketeer
looking at the dining plan and the options for table service have either been removed or doubled up. Akershus now two credits????? Tusker house not part of dining plan anymore. I don't understand these changes. Unless your getting a deal, definately not worth it.

This is going to sound so nitpicky but I hate hate HATE that when you try to look for DDP eligible dining now, it just adds a "dining plan eligible" filter to the regular disney restaurant finder tool, versus when they offered the old school PDF they had that listed each restaurant on one page and told you whether it was QS or TS, a buffet, if it was character dining, and if it was two credits.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-06 225409.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-06 225409.png
    114.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot 2024-01-06 225507.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-06 225507.png
    443.1 KB · Views: 82
You also only get one snack credit a day instead of two and you can’t convert a meal to 3 snacks. They also removed dessert from QS meals. We rarely eat QS so I have no interest in the current plans.

Last time we used the quick service dining plan you were allowed to substitute a desert or some type of snack item instead of a beverage…we already had the refillable mugs and don’t drink alcohol but I don’t think thats allowed now…I just don’t see how you can break even if you don’t drink alcohol 🤷🏻‍♀️

It's a pain right now to try and plan any of this out to see if it's worth it. It seems they have Boathouse as a signature restaurant that takes 2 credits now. What the hell is that about?

I just looked at the DDP page on the website. Tusker House is used in the advertising of the plan. 🤦‍♀️

They might be fixing this right now? The lead page for Tusker House is not available but the rest of WDW site works.

I've been trying to book a dessert party for most of the day and various aspects of the website seem down.

Tusker not being included but the more expensive Hollywood and Vine, Ohana, Chef Mickeys etc is weird.

Even the current free dining promotion doesn’t always save money. For some it will, especially a party of 4 at a value. For me, it doesn’t. It’s nice to have options!

It has been many many years since DDP was a cost saver, and serious math needs to be done to see if the "FREE" Dining is a cost saver. It is about convenience of pre-paying for meals, doesn't make it a deal.

When I first got the "FREE" Dining Plan I stayed Value and got DDP. Table Service included Appetizer, Entree, Dessert, Drink AND Gratuities. Over time it gradually became less and less and then we could only get QSDP. I went for 11 days on the QSDP and was OVER it in about 5. I worked hard to get value and kept all receipts. In the end (with work) I would have broke even if I purchased. It has absolutely no value to me. I want to eat what I want, when I want - and I save money.

The dining plans are offered to (1) Keep guests eating on property (2) Keep restaurants full (3) Disney enjoys the profits they make vs letting guests pay as they eat. Disney loves all those unused credits. And children that are paying for adults DDP, banking. Sadly restaurants will have to adjust their menus to reduce and dumb down so they can meet their profit margins on what the DDP will reimburse them.

On the plus, it is optional and if it doesn't work, don't get it.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why anyone would pay for this. It’s virtually impossible to get any value out of it, especially if you don’t drink alcohol.

It's all about the convience of pre-paying(for the most part) your entire vacation. I use it strictly for budgeting, not to save money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter