DDP Review 9/8 - 9/10/06

allflgirl

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I had a wonderful stay at the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge this past weekend. Since this was a short stay, I thought I try out the DDP for the first time and see if I liked it and would add it to my week long trips for November and January.

Here's my review of the restaurants and DDP:

Wolf Gang Puck (TS)
Myself: Crab Cakes, Filet and Apple Pie Creme Brulee. The crab cakes were great and the filet was cooked perfectly.
DH: Calamari, Rib Eye and Apple Pie Creme Brulee as well. The calamari was good but a little spicy for my taste, he said the rib eye was just okay and actually ate some of my filet because it was better and we both enjoyed the creme brulee, however, not as much as normally because we were so stuffed.
Overall: Food A (Filet A++, Rib Eye B), Atmosphere A (only because we had a window seat overlooking our home SSR, otherwise it was very noisy)

Pepper Market Grill (CS)
Myself: Daily special at the mexican kitchen (Tostados) which were very, very good and for dessert a chocolate crossiant which I had them box up for me to go. I enjoyed the crossiant the next day for breakfast.
DH: Quesadillas and chocolate crossiant as well to go. We both shared each others meals and they were both excellent.
Overall: Food A+ (way too much though), Atmosphere A+ (I enjoyed the indoor setting and quaintness of the place, it was also very quiet and relaxing lunch).

O'Hana (TS)
We've been here before and always love this place. This visit was actually better than the last time because the meat skewers were very fresh and cooked perfectly, last visit the steak was overcooked and the pork was a little dry. We also were in the middle of the place and in the midst of all the entertainment. We had a wonderful dinner and it was so much fun watching everyone.
Overall: Food A+ (shrimp, pork and bread pudding A++), Atmosphere A+

Wolf Gang Puck Express (CS)
Myself: Chicken strips with fries and creme brulee. The chicken strips were good, the fries were a little cold so I left them and the creme brulee was just like the Cafe, just in a tin cup this time. I actually enjoyed it more here because I saved room only eating the chicken strips.
DH: Pepperoni pizza and creme brulee. The pizza was good but a little salty, I think it was from the cheese. He enjoyed the creme brulee as well and tried to eat mine.
Overall: Food B, Atmosphere C- (really not much to look at as you're in the far corner of the Marketplace).

Snacks
Dole Whip Floats at MK, as everyone has already posted, these are just the best!
Sommerfest in Germany: pretzel and apple strudel. The pretzel was just okay, not very fresh but the apple strudel was awesome. Next time we're just getting 2 apple strudels.

Overall, DDP was really just too much food for my husband and I. We ate breakfast each morning in our villa (mainly crossiants, muffins and fruit) and could have skipped the snacks all together. We felt a little pressured to order an appetizer, meal and dessert for our TS meals and we only normally order 1 appetizer and share it and 2 meals and we NEVER order desserts except on special occasions. I still felt DDP was a good deal for us, as we would have spent more off the plan than we did using it. I also like the freedom of ordering anything off the menu and not worrying how much it costs. I think for our next visit in November, which is 5 days, we'll make sure we get there early enough so that we can start using the plan on the first day for lunch and dinner and then on the last day for lunch. I think I'll use the snack credits for breakfast and skip the grocery store all together. That way we'll have another day to use our meals and it will be spread out a little more. This visit we had 2 TS, 2 CS and 2 Snacks to use over a 43 hour period. I felt like I was eating all the time.

Last comments, I will return to Wolf Gang Puck Cafe, Pepper Market Grill and O'hana for my next trip. I may skip Wolf Gang Puck Express and hit the parks for lunch each day. I will make an exception for Pepper Market and have a nice mid day break and lunch.

I hope my comments help someone for their next trip to the world.

Julia

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter