Debt Dumpers - 2017

Have you tried negotiating down the anesthesiologist bill? Since you aren’t married, based on your income alone, you might qualify for a reduced or forgiven medical bill.

It is tricky but you always have to ensure that all care providers are in network before the procedure is performed.

I'm going to give them call and see! What was the most frustrating was I called the Surgery center a day ahead to see who the anesthesiologist was so I can verify them with insurance. The surgery center told me that they don't even know till the day of surgery who will be there as they rotate anesthesiologist's daily and my doctor/surgeon didn't know who was the anesthesiologist either. I made a note to myself to chose a place that knows their staff in advanced.

I wouldn’t close the card if you can avoid it. Depending on the credit limit of that card, how much other credit you have, and how much debt, closing the card will raise your debt-to-income ratio which can negatively affect your credit score. Just put the card away so you can’t use it any more and pay it off.

You could also look into getting a card with a 0% balance transfer offer. You’ll probably pay a fee to transfer the balance, but it may save you money in the long run depending on how much the balance on your Amazon card is and how much interest you are paying each month (as long as you pay off the balance by the time the 0% offer ends). I’ve been there, good luck to you.

It would be a dream to get a 0% balance transfer offer but with my credit as poor as it is, it's not a reality. My credit limit on my amazon card is $800 with a 26% APR. I might just keep it at a low balance ($200ish) instead of closing it as my other two credit cards have limits of $300 and $200.

I'm going to give them call and see! What was the most frustrating was I called the Surgery center a day ahead to see who the anesthesiologist was so I can verify them with insurance. The surgery center told me that they don't even know till the day of surgery who will be there as they rotate anesthesiologist's daily and my doctor/surgeon didn't know who was the anesthesiologist either. I made a note to myself to chose a place that knows their staff in advanced.

Wow - this would really make me mad. Definitely call the anesthesiologist. A few years ago I got a bill from some kind of surgeon's assistant who wanted me to pay her bill because my insurance wouldn't pay for her. It turns out that she didn't meet the qualifications for what she wanted to be paid as - I can't recall what she wanted to be paid as, but I do recall the insurance person I talked to saying it was like a nurse wanting to be paid as a doctor. The insurance company also suggested that I tell her to re-submit the bill as some other kind of provider (that she was qualified to be paid as), which I guess she did because I never heard anything else. I really don't know what I would have done if she had insisted that I pay her what the insurance company wouldn't. In terms of your situation, maybe the anesthesiologist would accept the in-network rate?

It would be a dream to get a 0% balance transfer offer but with my credit as poor as it is, it's not a reality. My credit limit on my amazon card is $800 with a 26% APR. I might just keep it at a low balance ($200ish) instead of closing it as my other two credit cards have limits of $300 and $200.
Wow, that is definitely a high APR! Since that is your highest credit limit card, I still wouldn’t close it. Throw whatever extra money you can at that balance until it’s paid off, that will help your credit score too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter