Dec 2021 -- we've booked and are totally nervous....

We had a trip booked for August with DVC rented points, moved to February 2021....doesn't look like our boarder will be open (without the mandatory 14 day quarantine when we return home), so it looks like my sis and I will be out about $2000.

We had a trip booked for August with DVC rented points, moved to February 2021....doesn't look like our boarder will be open (without the mandatory 14 day quarantine when we return home), so it looks like my sis and I will be out about $2000.
Is that money for air fares? Perhaps in COVID times they will give you a credit like we got for our Hawaii trip scheduled to have happened this past October. Or is it something to do with how DVC rented points work? Good luck and hope you don't have to cancel entirely and can rebook and not lose any money.

We're tentatively planning February 2022. There's no reason we shouldn't be vaccinated by then, and hopefully that will eliminate the need to quarantine. I just need something to look forward to, even if it's still more than a year away. I wanted to go in November or December, but my hubby doesn't agree that Christmas is a good time, lol, not just for covid but ever. Maybe someday. But there is so much less to plan now if there are no dining plans, no FPs. It won't give me the enjoyment of planning for an entire year lol. I can't imagine enough people will ever get vaccinated in the US to establish herd immunity, so I can't see the precautions changing any time soon.

We originally planned for November 2021, but decided we dont want to spend that kind of money on a trip if things like FastPasses arent back or were required to wear masks all day. I understand why they're doing it, but we dont want to pay money for a trip like that. We have a cruise booked that we'll also be bumping. I think any vacay next year will have to be something mostly outdoorsy that doesnt see a lot of people gathered in a certain area.

I am booked with my oldest son for his 21st in August. Then going before Christmas with my DH for a few days. I am choosing to be optimistic!

see if they can re-rent the reservation and take a smaller loss...

Have you tried talking to the member? We had March 2021 and moved it to October 2021. We paid the difference in points from what we bought to what it was re-rented at.

Have you tried talking to the member? We had March 2021 and moved it to October 2021. We paid the difference in points from what we bought to what it was re-rented at.
We booked through a third party company. They made it clear they would not change again.

see if they can re-rent the reservation and take a smaller loss...
We booked through a third party rental company and they made it clear that they would not change anymore. One time was all they would give us.

Is that money for air fares? Perhaps in COVID times they will give you a credit like we got for our Hawaii trip scheduled to have happened this past October. Or is it something to do with how DVC rented points work? Good luck and hope you don't have to cancel entirely and can rebook and not lose any money.
Because we booked through a third party rental company, they made it clear we could only have once change.

We booked the end of November first week in December and really hoping we don't have to cancel as we used airmiles for flights and hotel and didn't purchase insurance.

Hear ya. Just send out good vibes. Vaccines are being rolled out. Both USA and Canada targetting anyone that wants one tonne able to have it before Summer.

Hear ya. Just send out good vibes. Vaccines are being rolled out. Both USA and Canada targetting anyone that wants one tonne able to have it before Summer.
Not true for Canada. The Federal Govt is targeting end of September, anyone who wants one should have been able to by then. I'm in BC and according to our vaccination roll out plan, won't be eligible for my first shot til July, second in August.

Not true for Canada. The Federal Govt is targeting end of September, anyone who wants one should have been able to by then. I'm in BC and according to our vaccination roll out plan, won't be eligible for my first shot til July, second in August.
Yes that is True ,, but we are strong and we will make it through this because we are CANADIANS!!!!🍁

I having been reading everything I can on the Johnson & Johnson -Jansen Vaccine. I am so hopeful that it turns out to be a good candidate
and becomes available to Canadians. Hopefully the first week of Feb (next week) the company should be announcing their results.
It was submitted to Health Canada on Nov 30 2020.
We (Canada) have ordered 38 million shots (single dose).
Fingers, toes and nose crossed here.

P.S.
I have booked out my timeshare DVC for next Christmas however I do not believe I will be able to go. I will be thankful to be able to just get the damn Vaccine and see friends and family here in Canada.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
I have high hopes for the J&J vaccine too!! Didn't realize that it was submitted to Health Canada at the end of November.

We are actually waiting until 2023 to go to WDW, only because we have an overseas trip planned for 2022. I really don’t want to be at WDW wearing a mask and personally I think we will be required to do so for a number of years even with the vaccines. But I have booked a refundable trip to Vegas for November 2021😬. We had to cancel three trips last year so I really need to get away somewhere. Really hoping it’s a go.

So for Dec 2021 we've booked our next vacation..... By then many initial vaccinations should have occured. and we're hoping that the US is a little less scary by then --- but still have some major worriies since there is no sign anything is going to change... What are other Canadian's plans over the next year or so..

A year is so far out. Even with a pandemic aside, anything can happen in a year. I wouldn't worry too much about it. As long as you have some kind of insurance to cover you if you need to rebook, I say enjoy the fun of dreaming again and plan the best damn vacation you can then hope for the best :)

We are booked for Dec 2021 right now too, rebooked from April 2021. I sway between feeling very optimistic it will happen, and totally pessimistic that nothing will change between now and then! I am a healthcare worker and my husband is an essential worker so we should be in the earlier stages of the vaccination rollout, but with delays already happening, I don't know if I am being naive that travel will be much more open at that point. Back when I booked for April 2021 (in June 2020), I thought we would be on the other side of things by now, but here we are!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter