dec 5th thru 9th thoughts and highlights

tenneycjt

DIS Veteran
Hi so just back from a week in disneyland, A little background im a male in my 50's and i went with my mom who is in wheelchair and oxygen and is 84. We've been going to disney for about 25 years when my dad was alive who was ill also, We stayed at the Grand California for the convienance and because we do spend alot of time in the room. We had a wheelchair accessible room and this time the room was especailly good, very roomy and easy to get mom to and from the bathroom with the wheelchair. we had a early morning flight that left at 6 am from pdx, it was originally 8 when i bought the tickets and i wasnt notified of the change in time/ Chck in was a breeze, We headed to dca while waiting for our room, I wanted to get DAS for my mom as ive never used this before, it was easy and i got a return time for soarin, we only did the attractions that my mom could stay in the wheelchair for. the weather was nice. I dont have a smart phone and im happy to report that i had no problem getting food or return times, Never waited more than a few minutes for popcorn or churros, Ate at lucky fortune and award wieners at dinnertime and standby was not long. I found pacing was the key to not getting my mom not worn out. Usually a few hours in the morning and than back to the grand to rest for a couple of hours and than a couple of hours in the evening. I really enjoy attractions that are not so popular, like great moments with mr lincoln, the enchanted tiki room, the mark twain, the disneyland railroad, so not much waiting, small world holiday is popular and we were able to ride it the morning they opened, in the wheelchair boat they let us go round twice. Definate highlight was the christmas fantasy parade dining package, the food was awesome and we got a spot right in front so my mom could see well, definately worth it. Ate at tropical hideaway a few times and no wait for standby, Its nice to know that u dont need a smartphone to enjoy disneyland. Other than that enjoyed the ambieance of the parks especially mainstreet. Missed the shows frozen and micky and the magical map. Enjoyed the grand, we had breakfast every morning at the craftsman grill and it was so good, had a dinner buffet at storytellers which was also good, All in all one of the best disneyland trips ever.

Sounds like a wonderful trip! I'm glad to hear that you could navigate pretty well without a smart phone. I've been wondering if that would be challenging for people.

This is so cool, that's gonna be me and my mom in 30 years haha. So glad you had a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter