DECEMBER 2010....Who's comin??

We will be staying at the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds (tent camping). We are from the Northwest and so this will really feel like home away from home. Its crazy looking at the pics of the place because it really does look like the NW!

Can't wait to decorate our golf cart:banana::rotfl:!!

OMG! We went to Trails End to eat one night on our trip in December, and we saw golf carts decorated and the campsites decked out. It was awesome. I knew people decorated the camp sites, from TV, but it was so great to see in person. I thought it was so cute the way the golf carts were decorated.

We are also planning for our December vaca at WDW!!! This will be our first trip during the holidays, we are planning to stay at CBR. Does anyone know of any pics that show decorations at the CBR? We have a DS 5yrs (when we visit) and DD 2yrs (when we visit). We want to make sure their Christmas is magical in all ways (being at WDW should be enough, right?) Any suggestions? Thanks for the help!!!

Count me in!

Me and 2 DD's 6 & 8 are headed to the Poly Garden View Dec 4 - 11

Thank You Pin Fairy!!:banana::banana::banana:

We are going in December 2010!!! We seriously considered WL, but alas decided to stay at FWC again. We love the separate living and bedroom and just couldn't see ourselves happy in one room. How much room you get for the price is unbeatable. We are going to be there from December the 4th to the 12th. I received the PIN last month where we will save 35% on our room(cabin). After having watched the HGTV special about the holidays at WDW, I am more excited than ever to see it all dressed up for Christmas!!!:santa:

Hey!! We will be there Nov. 29th - Dec. 7th at the Cabins as well! This will be our first time at the Cabins, but are so looking forward to it. We planned on doing All Stars again, but then got a pin in our email. So we figured we would go up a grade. We love the fact it has bunk beds for our kids and a separate bedroom so we can hang out after the kids go to bed. I can't wait!

Our last trip to WDW was a real bust, so we are having a make up trip. We had wanted to wait another year or two, but we really want to have a better memory than the last trip. So we decided to go when the Christmas stuff is up to help with the magic for us. We love holiday decorations. We are hoping to surprise the kids with it at the last minute.

I just can't wait to start planning our ADR's and days! It will be great. I can't wait!!

Are you guys renting a cart? We heard it is a good idea. We are thinking about getting one from off site. Any suggestions or tips for FW? Since you have been there before...

CONGRATS on the Honeymoon:lovestruc:lovestruc!!

We will also be going to Disney in December. Our stay is for Dec. 3-18, 2010. We are so ridiculously excited because this will be all of our first time to the world (that's why we are staying 15 days:yay:).

We will be staying at the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds (tent camping). We are from the Northwest and so this will really feel like home away from home. Its crazy looking at the pics of the place because it really does look like the NW!

Can't wait to decorate our golf cart:banana::rotfl:!!

Hoping to make new friends while we are there because Disney fans really seem to be a tight group of friends.:grouphug:

We will be in the cabins at FW!! We will be there until the 7th, so maybe we will see you! We are hoping to get a cart to decorate as well.

Question: How do you get all your camping gear to WDW from Idaho? We love camping, but live in Nor. California. We didn't think it was possible without driving to get our gear over there. But we also have two kids and a service dog, so it would be a LOT of gear!! I great up in WA state so camping is second nature to me. I did hear that there are biting ants in FL though. So be on the look out for that! Eeek!

We should all have a sign to put on our carts or something so we can recognize each other or something. It would be great to meet other Dis'ers while there. This will be our first time at FW, but third time to WDW. So we are really excited. :woohoo:

Count us in! We'll be there December 8/16 at the CR.

About the pins. Can you get one after you booked, or do they only send them to people who don't have a reservation booked? Either way, we're going, but the pin would be nice. We've gotten pins before, but always when we couldn't go.

We're coming to WDW at the end of November into December. I cannot wait!!
We'll stay at POFQ.
I'm hoping for discount code, but even if I don't get anything, I'll be at Disney World!! :banana:

We'll be there the same time as you - we're arriving 11/28/10 and leaving 12/3/10. I rented points and am getting boardwalk view at BWV :banana: I can hardly wait - am hoping to add on one or two more nights and get a great rate at maybe a mod resort - 6 days is not enough for me!

December 7-12th: AKV studio
December 12th-16th: Podcast cruise 2.0

We have to get in two days of Universal to see Harry Potter world. One MVMCP, and using GDGD tix for DHS to see the Osbourne lights! First time we have been down to see the holiday decorations, so excited!!!!!:goodvibes

I am hoping to get over to Islands of Adventure to see Harry Potter World too! (I'm not sure if it's in Universal Studios or IoA) How exciting that you get to join the Podcast Cruise! I opted out of it so we could book a family trip this year.

Hey!! We will be there Nov. 29th - Dec. 7th at the Cabins as well! This will be our first time at the Cabins, but are so looking forward to it. We planned on doing All Stars again, but then got a pin in our email. So we figured we would go up a grade. We love the fact it has bunk beds for our kids and a separate bedroom so we can hang out after the kids go to bed. I can't wait!

Our last trip to WDW was a real bust, so we are having a make up trip. We had wanted to wait another year or two, but we really want to have a better memory than the last trip. So we decided to go when the Christmas stuff is up to help with the magic for us. We love holiday decorations. We are hoping to surprise the kids with it at the last minute.

I just can't wait to start planning our ADR's and days! It will be great. I can't wait!!

Are you guys renting a cart? We heard it is a good idea. We are thinking about getting one from off site. Any suggestions or tips for FW? Since you have been there before...

You will be visiting WDW about the same time as us! (we arrive on Nov. 28th). I would love to venture over to Fort Wilderness and see all the decorations for Christmas! Plus take my grandson to the marshmellow roast.

Count us in! We'll be there December 8/16 at the CR.

About the pins. Can you get one after you booked, or do they only send them to people who don't have a reservation booked? Either way, we're going, but the pin would be nice. We've gotten pins before, but always when we couldn't go.

I booked last week and I got a pin in my email today and I used a pin to book :confused3 maybe the pin fairy sprinkled extra dust on me.

Try going on the website and cheking package prices then save the offer for later.. after I do that I always get an email from Disney Destinations and it has the offer plus a pin at the bottom

:cool1: Count us in... 2 studios AKV SV...Dec 1-10. Can't wait to buy our MVMCP tickets in May and are starting to plan the ADRs.:santa:

I booked last week and I got a pin in my email today and I used a pin to book :confused3 maybe the pin fairy sprinkled extra dust on me.

Try going on the website and cheking package prices then save the offer for later.. after I do that I always get an email from Disney Destinations and it has the offer plus a pin at the bottom

I have 3 different packages saved on the website and still no pen:rolleyes: So, that doesn't alway work. Luckily, I have saved up enough money for the regular price for the package we want in case we don't get a discount.

:cool1:
We will be in the cabins at FW!! We will be there until the 7th, so maybe we will see you! We are hoping to get a cart to decorate as well.

Question: How do you get all your camping gear to WDW from Idaho? We love camping, but live in Nor. California. We didn't think it was possible without driving to get our gear over there. But we also have two kids and a service dog, so it would be a LOT of gear!! I great up in WA state so camping is second nature to me. I did hear that there are biting ants in FL though. So be on the look out for that! Eeek!

We should all have a sign to put on our carts or something so we can recognize each other or something. It would be great to meet other Dis'ers while there. This will be our first time at FW, but third time to WDW. So we are really excited. :woohoo:

We've never fly-camped before so this will be a new experience for us but what we plan to do so far is to use 2 big suitcases for all our belongings and we have these 2 HUGE duffel bags that we plan to load with camping stuff (trying to keep each under 50lbs) to fly down as checked luggage. There are 6 of us and each of us are allowed 1 checked bag (50lbs and under) for $15 each (otherwise it's $25+ each bag after 1st:scared1:). We figured this would be cheaper than sending the stuff by postal service. We are renting a van for the vacation and so we'll be able to load everything into the van upon arrival. We are on the dining plan and don't plan to cook at the site so that should help.

I was trying to think of a sign of some sort to put on our cart to identify our family. I think it'd be awesome to be able to tour the campground and know which other families are DISers. I'm still fairly new to DIS so I don't know if the Veterans already have a way of identifying each other or not but it'd be nice to join the club:grouphug:.

I think I'm just as excited about decorating the golf cart as I am Disney:laughing:. I'm such a big freakin' kid that it's ridiculous. My hubby is younger than me and yet he complains that I need to grow up sometime. I don't wanna and I won't :cheer2:. My kids even think I'm crazy because I'm so young at heart but they love it when we are dancing around the house in the middle of the night to loud music:cool1:.

:cool1:

We've never fly-camped before so this will be a new experience for us but what we plan to do so far is to use 2 big suitcases for all our belongings and we have these 2 HUGE duffel bags that we plan to load with camping stuff (trying to keep each under 50lbs) to fly down as checked luggage. There are 6 of us and each of us are allowed 1 checked bag (50lbs and under) for $15 each (otherwise it's $25+ each bag after 1st:scared1:). We figured this would be cheaper than sending the stuff by postal service. We are renting a van for the vacation and so we'll be able to load everything into the van upon arrival. We are on the dining plan and don't plan to cook at the site so that should help.

I was trying to think of a sign of some sort to put on our cart to identify our family. I think it'd be awesome to be able to tour the campground and know which other families are DISers. I'm still fairly new to DIS so I don't know if the Veterans already have a way of identifying each other or not but it'd be nice to join the club:grouphug:.

I think I'm just as excited about decorating the golf cart as I am Disney:laughing:. I'm such a big freakin' kid that it's ridiculous. My hubby is younger than me and yet he complains that I need to grow up sometime. I don't wanna and I won't :cheer2:. My kids even think I'm crazy because I'm so young at heart but they love it when we are dancing around the house in the middle of the night to loud music:cool1:.

Wow! That is really smart. I hope it all works out well for you all. It would be awesome to meet up with other DIS'ers there. We are going to be in a cabin, so it would be fun to have others come over or meet up at the Sing-a-long sometime while we are there! We will have to come up with a sign. I hope some of the vets pop on to let us know about a sign we could use. I am sure there is one somewhere. ;)

"You will be visiting WDW about the same time as us! (we arrive on Nov. 28th). I would love to venture over to Fort Wilderness and see all the decorations for Christmas! Plus take my grandson to the marshmellow roast."

I would love to meet up with you guys for the Marshmallow roast. We are doing an over night flight so will be getting in really early on Monday. I hope it works out better this time than it did the last time we tried to do an overnight flight. :lmao:

I am getting really excited! We are starting to try to plan out our days and what restaurants we want to go to. I wish we had just ONE more day to get in a few more restaurants, but oh well. There is always next time! lol

What about everyone else? What plans have you started to make? Anyone else have airfare yet? Anyone know where you want to go each day? Has anyone else gotten good planning books or guides? We got the PassPorter, and it is working out great!

Count us in too:cool1: December 25th through January 1st 2011!!! Dh, me, DD11, DD7, Nannie and Dutz (grandpa)!! We are staying at CSR!!! :yay:

Donette

We flew and camped at FW too! Stayed in tents in Cottontail Curl for 10 nights in Dec! Had a few cold nights at the end (freezing temps!) but it was absolutely wonderful. Just BLISS! We're staying 12 nights at AKV this Dec. and I'm almost afraid we're going to miss FW! It was the best time we've ever had as a family!

Meg

Wow! That is really smart. I hope it all works out well for you all. It would be awesome to meet up with other DIS'ers there. We are going to be in a cabin, so it would be fun to have others come over or meet up at the Sing-a-long sometime while we are there! We will have to come up with a sign. I hope some of the vets pop on to let us know about a sign we could use. I am sure there is one somewhere. ;)

"You will be visiting WDW about the same time as us! (we arrive on Nov. 28th). I would love to venture over to Fort Wilderness and see all the decorations for Christmas! Plus take my grandson to the marshmellow roast."

I would love to meet up with you guys for the Marshmallow roast. We are doing an over night flight so will be getting in really early on Monday. I hope it works out better this time than it did the last time we tried to do an overnight flight. :lmao:

I am getting really excited! We are starting to try to plan out our days and what restaurants we want to go to. I wish we had just ONE more day to get in a few more restaurants, but oh well. There is always next time! lol

What about everyone else? What plans have you started to make? Anyone else have airfare yet? Anyone know where you want to go each day? Has anyone else gotten good planning books or guides? We got the PassPorter, and it is working out great!

Count me in!

Me and 2 DD's 6 & 8 are headed to the Poly Garden View Dec 4 - 11

Thank You Pin Fairy!!:banana::banana::banana:

Hey, we will be there the same time!!

Dec 4-11 at the Poly!!

It will be me, DH, and DD (3). My in-laws are still thinking about joining us!!

I cannot wait!! :cool1:

Hey, we will be there the same time!!

Dec 4-11 at the Poly!!

It will be me, DH, and DD (3). My in-laws are still thinking about joining us!!

I cannot wait!! :cool1:

my mom thinks she might want to join us as well, I would prefer just me and the kids... we have more fun

I hope I can hold out for our trip and not lose my head and try to reschedule it for the summer. After going last August, we swore we'd never go to Florida again between May & September. We haven't told our son yet, but last night he was saying how he wants to go back to Disney and ride the monorail. Little does he know that we are going back next December and staying at the CR with the monorail right there.

So excited!! I just booked our Dec 2010 trip yesterday!!! We will be there 12/19-12/26 right now we are booked in a 1bd standard view at AKV Kidani. Sad we are not doing another Savannah view but as long as we are at WDW I can deal.

I hope I can hold out for our trip and not lose my head and try to reschedule it for the summer. After going last August, we swore we'd never go to Florida again between May & September. We haven't told our son yet, but last night he was saying how he wants to go back to Disney and ride the monorail. Little does he know that we are going back next December and staying at the CR with the monorail right there.

I know what you mean about summer! Our last trip was the beginning of august and it was a nightmare because of the heat and humidity. We will never go back during that time of year again. But it is hard to wait. In the future it is likely that we will be stuck going at peak times because of school with the kids now. So this will be our last off peak trip for a long while.

Are you going to surprise your kids? We are hoping to wait as long as possible before we tell them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter