December 2014 Car Rental Discount Watch

Webworm - thanks for the tip I just tried using that info but the cost was $247 so for now I will hang on to what I have but I will keep checking. It was a little cheaper if I prepaid. Thanks

Well I was all excited because last night I got a Mini Van from Alamo for $220 for 8 days using the $30 off coupon and the Southwest Rewards code, I come on here to let y'all know and I see that people are talking about Dollar, so I head over there and got the Mini Van for 8 days using no codes at all for $197!

Well it looks like Alamo has come down! I am back to renting the mid-size SUV because it has dropped to $232 for Dec 6-16 using passholder and the $30 coupon!

It has dropped from $372 at the beginning of November to $232!

Debbie

And it has dropped again! I am now at $208! :cheer2::cheer2:

I am trying for $190 :)

Still have a bit to go.

Debbie

IDK if this will help anybody, but I got a standard size car with Alamo for the dates Dec 13-19 for $136 total through carrentalsavers.com. I had originally gotten the same car through Alamo's website for $153.

I'm still keeping my eye out for something cheaper, but I'm pretty happy with that.

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!

As I'd posted previously, I canceled the great rates I got a few months back after extending our trip by one day and being told by Southwest that I'd have to cancel, not modify, the car reservation I'd arranged through their website. Since I did, I haven't been able to find anything south of $500 for our 12/20-28 trip. Not wanting to spend a fortune on a rental, we decided to take our chances with DME, but were starting to stress with the negative reviews we've been reading about CBR's bus service during peak times. Last night, we caved and booked Alamo for $515 with the AP rate and SW code.

But this morning... a MIRACLE!! I was spot-checking my TripIt itinerary, and found a Dollar reservation I didn't recognize. Sure enough, it was one I'd made at some point and had totally forgotten about, because when I checked it, it was still valid! Just needed to stretch it from our original drop-off date of 12/27 to 12/28. When I called, it was no problem, and now we have a rate of $268 all-in for our full-size!!!!! :cool1:

That is like a $250 gift today!

Congrats!!!

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!

As I'd posted previously, I canceled the great rates I got a few months back after extending our trip by one day and being told by Southwest that I'd have to cancel, not modify, the car reservation I'd arranged through their website. Since I did, I haven't been able to find anything south of $500 for our 12/20-28 trip. Not wanting to spend a fortune on a rental, we decided to take our chances with DME, but were starting to stress with the negative reviews we've been reading about CBR's bus service during peak times. Last night, we caved and booked Alamo for $515 with the AP rate and SW code.

But this morning... a MIRACLE!! I was spot-checking my TripIt itinerary, and found a Dollar reservation I didn't recognize. Sure enough, it was one I'd made at some point and had totally forgotten about, because when I checked it, it was still valid! Just needed to stretch it from our original drop-off date of 12/27 to 12/28. When I called, it was no problem, and now we have a rate of $268 all-in for our full-size!!!!! :cool1:

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!!! I'm so glad this worked out for you. I am always so nervous when canceling reservations that I no longer "need" - always paranoid that I'm going to delete my "good" reservation. I remember reading your post and feeling so badly for you! I completely understand your excitement - yea! :hyper:

That is like a $250 gift today!

Congrats!!!

Awesome!!! I'm so glad this worked out for you. I am always so nervous when canceling reservations that I no longer "need" - always paranoid that I'm going to delete my "good" reservation. I remember reading your post and feeling so badly for you! I completely understand your excitement - yea! :hyper:

Thank you!! Yes, I am so relieved. This actually had me stressing out, the thought of either spending exorbitant rates to rent a car or risking spending the week really frustrated with the bus system. Very very grateful. :goodvibes

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!! As I'd posted previously, I canceled the great rates I got a few months back after extending our trip by one day and being told by Southwest that I'd have to cancel, not modify, the car reservation I'd arranged through their website. Since I did, I haven't been able to find anything south of $500 for our 12/20-28 trip. Not wanting to spend a fortune on a rental, we decided to take our chances with DME, but were starting to stress with the negative reviews we've been reading about CBR's bus service during peak times. Last night, we caved and booked Alamo for $515 with the AP rate and SW code. But this morning... a MIRACLE!! I was spot-checking my TripIt itinerary, and found a Dollar reservation I didn't recognize. Sure enough, it was one I'd made at some point and had totally forgotten about, because when I checked it, it was still valid! Just needed to stretch it from our original drop-off date of 12/27 to 12/28. When I called, it was no problem, and now we have a rate of $268 all-in for our full-size!!!!! :cool1:

That's awesome!!!! Thank goodness for that extra reservation! :)

I just got a quote from AAA for rental Ford Fusion thru Hertz with AAA discount 12/20 to 12/22 for $143!

We are flyin into MCO on 12/16 staying POFQ til Sat. 12/20 and need to drive to Delray Beach to my mothers!
Didn't think we would need a car while at Disney just wanted to rent a car on
Sat 12/20 drive it to Delray Beach and return to. Hertz in Delray the same day.
However the Hertz place closes on Sat at 1pm so we would have to return it on Mon instead even though we have no need for a car other than to get from. Orlando to Delray. Beach.

$143 seems like an awful lot of money to do this.

lsdolphin-
Try carrentalsavers.com and look at booking with Alamo, as MushyMushy suggested above. They have great rates at the moment.
jkelly

Kicking around idea of Xmas trip. Found flight. Found house on vrbo. Can't find a car.
Dec 28 to January 4. Sanford.

As big as possible.

Car rental savers not giving me help.

Just got an email this morning from Dollar. But has to start by Dec 16th for rental. $109.00 for a mid size. I was to fly on the 17th but for the savings on the car rental. We actually have our condo rented from Mon to Mon, but we weren't checking in til Weds. It was a great price on a last min Interval exchange. Anyhow, if I bumped my flight to Tues and car pick up til Tues the 16th. It brought my almost $400 car rental down to $235.00 worth it, and I can get an extra day vacation.

Kicking around idea of Xmas trip. Found flight. Found house on vrbo. Can't find a car.
Dec 28 to January 4. Sanford.

As big as possible.

Car rental savers not giving me help.
Budget car rental, intermediate SUV, $243 all-in, BCD Y937800, $20 coupon MUWZ005 at (this is important!) the Budget at 3098 SOUTH ORLANDO DRIVE (code SN9) and drop off at SFB. It is 4 miles from the airport so you will have to (1) check that it is open when you arrive and (2) you will need to take a cab to get there but it may be worth it to save money overall. A full size car is $10 less.

I just rechecked our AAA rate on a Dollar minivan for 9 days early December and it was about $80 cheaper. It's definitely cheaper to go through the AAA site vs. using a AAA number directly on the Dollar site.

I just rechecked our AAA rate on a Dollar minivan for 9 days early December and it was about $80 cheaper. It's definitely cheaper to go through the AAA site vs. using a AAA number directly on the Dollar site.

Thanks for posting, the price through AAA dropped quite a bit for me. I now have a minivan rental for $245 all in :thumbsup2!! Up until last week, my rates with AAA were well into the $400 range.

Budget car rental, intermediate SUV, $243 all-in, BCD Y937800, $20 coupon MUWZ005 at (this is important!) the Budget at 3098 SOUTH ORLANDO DRIVE (code SN9) and drop off at SFB. It is 4 miles from the airport so you will have to (1) check that it is open when you arrive and (2) you will need to take a cab to get there but it may be worth it to save money overall. A full size car is $10 less.

Interesting. I'll have to see what an Int SUV will hold. I need to fit a wheelchair in trunk.

Ugh, that location only open 9 AM til 2 pm on Sundays..... Thanks anyway. Good try!

Car. Rental. Mess.
These rates are sickening! I booked WAY back-mid summer-and got some darn good rates for our Dec/Jan trip-(20Days-$316-FullSize...MCO/MCO)
BUT NOW...(late breaking family conflict...)
We have to delay our check-in date by 48 hours.....
new Rates...$1100 & up!!!
New dates are:
Plan A
19 DEC 10pm
6 JAN 5 AM

OR

Plan B
21 DEC 10am
6 JAN 5 AM

ANY suggestions/advice/sedatives will be appreciated!

Thanks for posting, the price through AAA dropped quite a bit for me. I now have a minivan rental for $245 all in :thumbsup2!! Up until last week, my rates with AAA were well into the $400 range.

Excellent! I got $287 for 9 days, down from about $380 initially. I hope the van comes with doors and seats! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter