December 2015 Discount Watch

I have read a couple of posts that made it seem like you didn't know you had a UOC until you called to make reservations, just curious how this happens? I have 2 trips booked 1 for September & 1 for December but never thought of calling to see if I had a UOC in my name.

I have read a couple of posts that made it seem like you didn't know you had a UOC until you called to make reservations, just curious how this happens? I have 2 trips booked 1 for September & 1 for December but never thought of calling to see if I had a UOC in my name.

I literally just called them as said something along the lines of "hey, I've moved in the past year and have missed a lot of mail and such, my buddy told me to check to see if I have a UOC. Can you check for me?"

They took two seconds to find one, and it allowed me to upgrade from a mermaid room in AoA to a room at POR for only about $295 for 9 nights.

I was pleased.

Edit: I'm not suggesting lying or wasting their time. I did actually move twice in the last 16mo, so I was legit concerned that I would have missed something.

I keep checking and nothing comes up. One cast member even spent a good 10-15 minutes searching for me. Last year, December discounts came out on 7/23 (which was a Wednesday). Hopefully they will come out this year on Wednesday, July 22! pixiedust:

UOCs are completely random. I got one in the mail a month or 2 ago. Some people get them via email. Some people say that when they call to book, they will ask to see if there is one attached to their account. Sometimes they are lucky and there is. A lot of time there isn't. Nobody knows why some people get codes and some people don't. Since you have 2 trips already booked, you could call and see if you have a UOC attached to your name and it could save you some money on your trips... unless you are going during Free Dining. I don't believe you can combine a room discount with the free dining promotion.

I think I answered my own question. I found the late fall discount room only discounts released for 2014. Pop Warner week was not blacked out, as it was for the free dining offer. Pop Warner week is Dec 6-13 this year.
Just wondering... What is pop warner?

POP Warner is the umbrella organization for little league football and cheerleading. On December, the best teams have their super bowl in WDW. They also hold their National Dance and Cheer competition.

I tried to change resorts for my FD stay at the end of December but was told there was zero availability - Never had a problem in the past, but was told to try again in a few weeks as they were probably going to release something. I also heard that they are now restricting removing dates from existing reservations - basically forcing you to cancel and rebook. Again, never a problem before. Is this the new norm? I know adding a date is impossible since there might not be availability, but it's never been an issue with dropping a day (as long as the stay still falls within the offer).

I know the current deals end in 4 days for Dec and fee dinning is long gone (We missed out ) we weren't planning on going this Dec but after the lights anouncment we decided to go. Dec 3-8 but there are almost no room avalible. Do you think more will open after the current promo ends in 4 days?

I know the current deals end in 4 days for Dec and fee dinning is long gone (We missed out ) we weren't planning on going this Dec but after the lights anouncment we decided to go. Dec 3-8 but there are almost no room avalible. Do you think more will open after the current promo ends in 4 days?

Also wondering the same thing...we've just decided we might want to go in early - mid December, but the availability is very low! Hoping more rooms are released soon...I can't imagine they are really that booked.

Also wondering the same thing...we've just decided we might want to go in early - mid December, but the availability is very low! Hoping more rooms are released soon...I can't imagine they are really that booked.

fingers crossed wish we would have booked a FD room back when the deal came out just in case. O Well happy to be going hopefully a few more options will open up.

Any hope that FD will come back at the last minute? We've secured the discounted rate, but would prefer to pay a little more and get FD if poss....

Just posting in this forum in case anyone knows the answer- also posted in theme park strategies. My family was planning on being at HS on Dec 2nd someone on the boards brought to my attention HS is closing early on the 2nd and 9th, I booked Fantastic dinner package on the 2nd but other (reliable) sites are showing it closing at 6pm- no lights or Fantastic. In case this helps anyone with planning or makes you more confused and stressed out like me :) if anyone has any thoughts on which source I should base my plans on that would be awesome!! I am sorta bummed wdw site allowed me to chose the dinner package if they're not offering the show that night- thoughts??
Grace

I'm not really sure how how it would work with a split stay, but we are doing the room only discount at CSR. We're paying $165 a night with tax. Although it's room only, it's discounted enough that paying for our meals won't be too bad. Not sure if this helps any, but thought I'd mention it anyway. We'll be there Dec. 25-Jan. 2. Maybe we'll see you there! Good Luck!

Thank you so much for this! We decided yesterday to go to Disney for Christmas. We have been going for the past 3 years but were in a new home this year and wanted to be home for Christmas. Then we thought about how this is the last year of the Osbourne lights and decided to surprise the kids Christmas morning that we are going to Disney the next day. So we booked flights. Since we are DVC, we planned to use our points but there isn't any availability at any of the resorts. I almost rented a reservation from another member but we still needed another night. So I was searching on the disboards for a deal and came upon your post. I contacted that agency and was able to get the same deal! Thank you so much!

Thank you so much for this! We decided yesterday to go to Disney for Christmas. We have been going for the past 3 years but were in a new home this year and wanted to be home for Christmas. Then we thought about how this is the last year of the Osbourne lights and decided to surprise the kids Christmas morning that we are going to Disney the next day. So we booked flights. Since we are DVC, we planned to use our points but there isn't any availability at any of the resorts. I almost rented a reservation from another member but we still needed another night. So I was searching on the disboards for a deal and came upon your post. I contacted that agency and was able to get the same deal! Thank you so much!

Oh good!!! So glad it worked out for you! It really is an awesome rate and especially over the Christmas holidays! Have fun and happy planning!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter