• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2021 trip planning

I fly on a Monday, and I can book a test on the Friday, but Saturday and Sunday are unavailable. What happens if the Monday flight is delayed and I run over the three day time limit I wonder. I am tempted to book a PCR test, rather than an LFT, just in case the requirements change. Just another hurdle.
im hoping come the 8th we will have what we need information wise and a few unfortunate guinea pigs

Just got to the stage where all I find is conflicting info
As it gets nearer you'll likely find your airline will start telling you, or at least pointing you in the direction of, the info you need.
They really don't want you arriving at the airport without everything in order (and BA wouldn't even let me check-in (online) without all those ducks lined up).

but should be ordered before you travel out, as you need to put your booking reference on the PLF
Doesn't have to be. I ordered mine a couple of days before coming back. This may help some people if it pushes the payment onto a later credit card bill.

Actually, on that point, do make sure you have means of getting online while away as some things can only be done shortly before returning (within 48 hours for the PLF). I took my tablet as well as my phone (and a spare phone and SIM in case of loss).
I actually tried to do my PLF 48 hours before the flight time and the site refused to accept it. I had to wait until 48 hours from the landing time in the UK! It's that pernickety.

Yes, good point about ordering before coming home. I was thinking of a home-test kit, which I think is nice to get before you leave for USA - so no issues with it being delivered. But certainly if you are getting tested at the UK airport, for example, you could easily order while in the USA.

which I think is nice to get before you leave for USA - so no issues with it being delivered.
The company I used only send them out to arrive in time to do the test (2 days after arrival) though mine came a day earlier. So you may not get it before going to the US even if you order it weeks ahead.
And the b*ggers may change the testing requirements while you're abroad :rotfl2:

Indeed. I ordered mine from Boots, and they came a couple of days later. But there are options there to suit most people I think.

The hardest bit is trying to remember everything that needs to be done - especially those things which are time-critical.

Last edited:
Putting aside the will we / won't we be able to travel as we have a teenager, is anyone else really nervous about the tests?
I'm honestly petrified one of us will test positive on the test 72 hrs before travel.
DH and I are both fully vaccinated, and we are waiting to hear from DD's school about when her vaccine will be.
It is assumed a supervised LF test will be required. I have looked at a few companies and breathe assured seem to be one of the better ones, as you can do multiple people's test on the one call, and you can have an appointment upto 10pm.

Unfortunately we cannot live like hermits for 10 days beforehand due to school and work - and I work in a school with lots of little germbugs lol!
The worry is putting a bit of a dampner on things.

This happened to us in summer with our Spain holiday. 2 days before mine and all 3 kids tests came back positive 😭 I had been really worried about it so had been very cautious with all my bookings, cancellation policies, pay on arrival accommodation etc . I was more worried about it happening abroad and getting stuck. Even though I had been worried and had kinda planned for it , it was still a huge shock as we had no symptoms.

Think I've got my head round everything.
Our tests from Qured have arrived, but I can't book our video appointment with them just yet.
Esta's are done
Car parking is being booked this weekend, and 2 day tests purchased.

Waiting for reports of those travelling with children to see if they are asked at any point what they have arranged for the children's tests 3 - 5 days after arrival.

My daughter has had her first (and only allowed) covid vaccine, and DH and I have our boosters booked for Monday.

Feeling quite positive now :)

Maybe you need to change goat feeder to guinea pig? 😉 Seriously, I wish you luck and hope everything goes smoothly. Who are you using for your tests?

I think because we are travelling without kids we have an easier time in terms of logistics and hoops to jump through etc. There is definitely some anxiety around the whole thing, we plan on being extremely careful and will probably use a mask a good majority of the time.

We're testing at a drive through centre (Randox) near the airport a couple of days before we travel, we're quite lucky in that we live really close to Manchester airport, so from a testing perspective we have additional options on top of the usual at home and Boots tests.

I'll report back on how we get on, but as I say, I think as fully vaccinated adults without kids, we probably have it a lot easier and are quite fortunate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter