December Codes

JodyLynC

DIS Veteran
Hi,
When should I start looking for codes in Dec. (Actually our tentative dates are Nov. 30 to Dec. 8th.)? How inexpensive have you been able to get a standard room at Poly in value season?

Thanks!
Jody

Count me in on the code watch. We always go to one of the low end deluxe (WL or AKL) or Swan or Dolphin with a discount because I am too darn cheap to pay Poly, etc prices. But we have a big project at work that is going to last a year and I was just told starting next week we are required to work a minimum of 15 hours OT per week and can work up to 35 OT hours each week if we want. So... I may splurge in December... hope I am not too darn tired to enjoy it!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I am waiting too!!! I hope that there are good discounts!! Right now I have the room booked with AAA code.

Our 1st Dec. trip. I plan on staying at a mod.(POFQ). Can't go crazy becaus Santa still has to come to our house. :goodvibes I'm not worried though. Airfare gotten and paid for, Ap passes still good. So all we have to worry about is the resort and spending. :sunny:

:wave: :wave2: princess: princess:

Count us in too-booked at rack rates right now (ouch)! Come on AP rates (I think they came out in August last year too)

I too am planning to go in December and want to reserve a room now. If I go ahead and reserve with my AAA discount, and later find a better deal with a code (last time I got a code, it saved me almost $500 dollars, way more than the AAA discount would have saved me), can I apply the newer, better discount, rather than the AAA?

wdwjunkie2005 said:
I too am planning to go in December and want to reserve a room now. If I go ahead and reserve with my AAA discount, and later find a better deal with a code (last time I got a code, it saved me almost $500 dollars, way more than the AAA discount would have saved me), can I apply the newer, better discount, rather than the AAA?
Yes, if there is an AP or general public code available for the type of room at the resort where you have your reservation, you can call and they will apply the discount to your rate. Have a great trip!

There seem to be a lot of us looking for the December discounts.

I have a AAA at CSR booked, but I would upgrade to a deluxe in a heartbeat if they give the $100 off per night AP rate in December.

It would only be about $10 more per night than the AAA moderate rate. :cool1:

I'm in too! 12/4-12/14 at POR. Booked at AAA rate right now, but waiting for AP code. If there isn't one this year, we'll move ressie to All Star Movie Resort.

Mary

Do codes for Jan/Feb usually not come out until after Dec. codes? Anyone think rates will go up in Jan?

We are planning on going in December also. Should I go ahead and book my room now? :earsboy:

The December AP rates were released on August 25th last year. The January/early Feb. rates were released on Oct. 20th last year. Hope this helps.

mtrice said:
We are planning on going in December also. Should I go ahead and book my room now? :earsboy:

You can book your room, but it does not guarantee that you will get a discount on that room. There has to be current availability for discounted rooms at your resort in order to get a discount applied to your current reservation. Flexibility is the key. I find it easier to reserve a room that I will pay for at rack rate and if I can upgrade or apply the discount, I won't be disappointed. The therory is, that IF there are rooms available, then the excess will be discounted. If everone is holding a room and there is no availability, there will be no discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter