• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December January & February Park Hours Update Watch/Discussion

I received an email from touring plans. MK on 11/9 went from 9 to 11PM close and on 11/10 from 9 to 10PM close.

No other changes for my 11/6-11/11 trip, and neither of those affect me since I am not going to MK on either of those days.

I received an email from touring plans. MK on 11/9 went from 9 to 11PM close and on 11/10 from 9 to 10PM close.

No other changes for my 11/6-11/11 trip, and neither of those affect me since I am not going to MK on either of those days.
Same here! I guess my plans are set, but I’m happy I still have my BOG PPO. Looking forward to that morning.

I’m thinking they still may have some earlier openings in November during Jersey week. I wouldn’t be surprised if some MK and HS days move to 8am - especially on the weekend.

When we went to Disney in February, they did that really last moment - maybe just a few days before the days that we went!

We went to in for our 8:15am PPO BOG and the CMs in fantasyland looked like they were there to greet us rather than keep us away from the rides. We asked and they confirmed that the park was opening at 8am (not 9 as had been scheduled). We were the 1st riders of the day on Peter Pan then went on the 7Ds Mine Ride with no wait. We still made it to our 8:15 reservation...

I’m thinking they still may have some earlier openings in November during Jersey week. I wouldn’t be surprised if some MK and HS days move to 8am - especially on the weekend.

When we went to Disney in February, they did that really last moment - maybe just a few days before the days that we went!

We went to in for our 8:15am PPO BOG and the CMs in fantasyland looked like they were there to greet us rather than keep us away from the rides. We asked and they confirmed that the park was opening at 8am (not 9 as had been scheduled). We were the 1st riders of the day on Peter Pan then went on the 7Ds Mine Ride with no wait. We still made it to our 8:15 reservation...
Oh I hope that’s not the case! If they are going to change I’d rather know in advance. I guess I’ll keep stalking the hours for that week but right now there’s not 1 change.

Another thought is that if they don’t move the morning hours to 8am in mk and hs, they may be considering ‘selling’ those hours to us as the Early Morning Magic packages. We did that in MK and HS on our last trip and they were both great. The package included breakfast and limited rides from 7:30-9am. I’d do it again if they offer those packages but they’re not offered now during Jersey week. No after hours packages either. Just the Xmas party.

Another thought is that if they don’t move the morning hours to 8am in mk and hs, they may be considering ‘selling’ those hours to us as the Early Morning Magic packages. We did that in MK and HS on our last trip and they were both great. The package included breakfast and limited rides from 7:30-9am. I’d do it again if they offer those packages but they’re not offered now during Jersey week. No after hours packages either. Just the Xmas party.

I wouldn’t count on any further changes for November.

Oh I hope that’s not the case! If they are going to change I’d rather know in advance. I guess I’ll keep stalking the hours for that week but right now there’s not 1 change.
Yes - even check the night before. I was so surprised as I knew I had kept an eye on the hours and was sure they opened at 9.

I wouldn’t count on any further changes for November.
I wouldn’t rule it out but they definitely may decide to open an hour earlier in those 2 parks.

As far as the early/late packages go, you’re probably right since they’d have to sell them and they’re running out of time! Just seems like they would have at least sold the packages to us if they weren’t going to be open. It’s a very busy time.

For a little while I was frustrated with the update and short park days during our visit, but I'm over it. We'll still have a great time, and we'll cross our fingers that the short hours don't result in long lines.
Here’s what I figure: maybe they haven’t increased hours for the first week of November because it’s not projected to be as busy as the other weeks that did receive extended hours. Wishful thinking? Maybe, probably.....but it seems like one of the only logical explanations to me. Otherwise, why would the week of November 10 need more hours than the week of November 3, if not for anticipated crowd level? The one other theory I have is that is that the first week of November is the one week of downtime between Halloween and Christmas, so they need more off hours to take things down and put things up. I’m going the same time as you and have been frustrated at points about the hours, about no EMM or DAH at the magic Kingdom, or about missing the EEMH by ONE DAY....but have decided to just roll with it and be happy with going at all. (Still May hold out secret hope for more hours though!)

going the same time as you and have been frustrated at points about the hours, about no EMM or DAH at the magic Kingdom, or about missing the EEMH by ONE DAY....but have decided to just roll with it and be happy with going at all. (Still May hold out secret hope for more hours though!)

Same! We miss the last EEMH by hours, since we fly in on 11/2 and will be in a park that afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter