"Dedicated 2 bedroom vs. 1 bedroom/studio Combo

Indiana Dad

Earning My Ears
Hello Disney Friends!
this is in response to my post of a few days ago regarding the best 2 bedroom unit at Wilderness Lodge. One member referenced her favorite 2 bedroom unit as #4511. Yet, when I downloaded the room map which was kindly provided by Wilderness dad, the room 4511 is not labeled/color-coded as a "dedicated 2 bedroom". Does this mean it's just a regular 1 bedroom with studio attached? That seems to make sence. Are "dedicated 2 bedrooms" bigger, better, or configured differently that the one bedroom/studio combo? Just by looking at the pdf map, it appears as if the dedicaed 2 bedrooms are bigger than the combo? Thank you for whatever you can share.

I believe generally they are the same size, just arranged slightly different. The lock off will have a kitchenette area in the studio side where as the dedicated will have more closet space (from my experience). The dedicated will have 2 queen beds in the 2nd BR, where the lock-off will have 1 queen and a sofa sleeper. When traveling with just my immediate family, we get a dedicated so that there is only one door in and out of the villa. When we've had guests with us, we would get a lock-off so our guests would have their own entrance and a bit more privacy.

Hello Disney Friends!
this is in response to my post of a few days ago regarding the best 2 bedroom unit at Wilderness Lodge. One member referenced her favorite 2 bedroom unit as #4511. Yet, when I downloaded the room map which was kindly provided by Wilderness dad, the room 4511 is not labeled/color-coded as a "dedicated 2 bedroom". Does this mean it's just a regular 1 bedroom with studio attached? That seems to make sence. Are "dedicated 2 bedrooms" bigger, better, or configured differently that the one bedroom/studio combo? Just by looking at the pdf map, it appears as if the dedicaed 2 bedrooms are bigger than the combo? Thank you for whatever you can share.

Hi!

I was the member who stayed in room #4511 last September. I can guarantee you that it is a dedicated 2 bedroom, NOT a 1 bedroom/studio combo. I am pretty sure the wonderful map you are talking about shows the layout of the second floor and says to reference it for floors 3 & 4 ... not sure why, but while 2511 is a combo, 4511 is a dedicated. I have no idea what 3511 is! :goodvibes

I think that the only real difference between the combo vs. dedicated is that you get 2 queen beds in the dedicated but in the combo you would have a queen and a sofa/sofa bed and there will be a small kitchenette, too. Size wise they should be the same.

just wanted to say thank you bellazachmom for your kind response. do you think if you had the same number, only one floor higher(is there a 5511?), that it would be the same great room you describe but with an even better view?

Is this the same for SSR? I just booked a last minute trip. The only thing available was a lock off. I directly asked if this meant that the 2nd bedroom would have a queen and a sofa bed. She said she would check and came back and said it has two queens? Guess the kids will have to flip a coin for the real bed-oh well.

Is this the same for SSR? I just booked a last minute trip. The only thing available was a lock off. I directly asked if this meant that the 2nd bedroom would have a queen and a sofa bed. She said she would check and came back and said it has two queens? Guess the kids will have to flip a coin for the real bed-oh well.

I believe that all Dedicated 2BR (except for BCV) all have 2 queens in the 2nd bedroom and all lock-offs have one queen bed and one sofa bed in the studio side. BCV happens to have some dedicated 2BRs with two queens and some with a queen and a sofa bed, but I think they are the only ones like this.

For WDW resorts, unless you reserve at OKW or request a dedicated 2-BR at the other resorts, lockoffs will have a queen and sleeper sofa.

All OKW studios have 2 queen beds, so it doesn't matter whether you have a lock-off or a dedicated. :thumbsup2

All OKW studios have 2 queen beds said:
Thanks! I remember that now! Oldest dd booked a studio a couple of years ago and made sure it was OKW to be guaranteed two queen beds. I have 5 children-I've never stayed in a studio! We usually request a dedicated 2 bdrm, but this time we we booked the trip only 2 weeks before check-in and we are happy with whatever we can get!

just wanted to say thank you bellazachmom for your kind response. do you think if you had the same number, only one floor higher(is there a 5511?), that it would be the same great room you describe but with an even better view?

Indiana Dad, my map doesn't show a 5th floor on that wing of the building.:sad2:, and thanks! bellazachmom for filling us in on the status of that room. Hey Indiana Dad, hope you and I aren't going at the same time and asking for the same room :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter