"Delayed" Baggage Allowances

jcb

always emerging from hibernation
I thought this article from the WSJ online was interesting in describing how airlines violate the federal rules on reimbursing passengers for lost or delayed bags.

The article doesn't really address when reimbursement for delayed delivery of luggage is required.

The rules provide that air carriers on aircraft larger than 60 passengers may not limit their liability for "provable direct or consequential damages resulting from the disappearance of, damage to, or delay in delivery of a passenger’s personal property, including baggage, in its custody to an amount less than $3,300 for each passenger."

Even so, if you are going to WDW and the airline doesn't deliver your bag in time for you to change into your expensive costume you wanted to wear to MNSSHP, I am not sure I would go to DTD and buy the most expensive costume they sell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter