Delete Thread

You should have waited for wildberry! Omg it so good and worth the wait. We have some out here in the burbs. But I do love grand luxe too. We usually have dinner there. Grand luxe is like Cheesecake Factory (which I also love).
And since we now follow eachother on Instagram I stalked some of your Chicago photos it looks like you had a great time. I live here and I think you did more in 3 days then my friends and do.

You should have waited for wildberry! Omg it so good and worth the wait. We have some out here in the burbs. But I do love grand luxe too. We usually have dinner there. Grand luxe is like Cheesecake Factory (which I also love).
And since we now follow eachother on Instagram I stalked some of your Chicago photos it looks like you had a great time. I live here and I think you did more in 3 days then my friends and do.

Last edited:
Lol. I have waited 2 hours there on a weekday! 2hrs is a good for a Sunday. The Disney store is a good reason to not wait 2 hours. there is so much to do in the Chicago. I haven't even done everything. You for sure need to come back with josh I'm sure he would love it.

I'm getting ready to show my ignorance. I had NO IDEA that Shula's was owned by DON SHULA the Dolphins coach.
Well here's my ignorance: since I despise football and know nothing about it, I didn't even know there was a person named Don Shula :o

We started off the morning with a Lifetime movie called Nanny Seduction...that we did not finish.
Nanny Seduction! Great movie! I may or may not have seen it twice..........:o again.......

For my dad I got black licorice (he's the only person I know that loves it),
Aw, my Grams whom I was very close to loved black licorice. She always had it on hand and when I got older and started grocery shopping on my own, I'd pick a bag up for her anytime I was in a store because she had a big sweet tooth :littleangel:

I love all your outfits! I need to get my butt on Etsy and do a search, I don't know how you find all those great sites to order from! I'm just lazy I guess lol but I need new stuff for our trip next month and while I love Hot Topic I get tired of just buying from there.

We're meeting @xlsm at Jock Lindsey's, and @DexLabDeeDee and her MIL for dinner at Homecomin'.

:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

I want to try all the milkshakes

My attitude everywhere milkshakes exist ::yes::

Where we will get to ride Race Through NY for the first time

"Everybody's talkin' 'bout my tight pants...in Or-lan-do" - Literally stuck in my head at least once a day for a solid hour

So I upgraded to the royal rooms

I love the magical headboards in these rooms! At least what I've seen in pictures and video.

My attitude everywhere milkshakes exist ::yes::

Yes!

"Everybody's talkin' 'bout my tight pants...in Or-lan-do" - Literally stuck in my head at least once a day for a solid hour

I've actually never seen his show :oops: Maybe I should watch a little before we go. I like him, but I never really watch any of those night shows.

I love the magical headboards in these rooms! At least what I've seen in pictures and video.

Yes I watched a video last night!

Friday is 20 days!

Yay!

And not for some not so great car news. I took it to a friend of Josh's who has a car repair shop. The guy said I got completely ripped off by the insurance because I have a paint color that is very expensive. (It's maroon with gold flecks :confused3). He said he's going to call the insurance and try to get more from them.
He said he's done this before and even knows the people I talked to, but I'm not sure it'll work. After all I chose to accept the money instead of argue further (which my insurance even seemed to think was a waste of time), and half the price would have been enough to fix it with a more common paint color. So we'll see. If they find a used door in my color it'll be less than I got, if they have to paint a door it's $600 more than I got. So at this point I'd rather they keep looking for the cheaper option and/or do their thing and call the insurance if they think it'll work. So that's probably not being fixed before the trip. Honestly I have no problem with that the door since it works fine, and I'd rather spend money at Disney first. I can pay for it in a month or two, but would prefer not to pay for the door and trip at the same time. I've never been someone who really cared what their car looked like as long as it got me from here to there.

:car:
Sorry about the car - hope you can get more insurance money. but I agree with you, I am not into cars, I don't even like driving, so a car is just to get me from point A to B.

Anyway the day will be spent in Universal Studios. Where we will get to ride Race Through NY for the first time, and I will beat Josh at Men In Black. pug:
I really want to ride Race Through NY!!
First we'll Uber over to our California Grill brunch (one thing that is only offered this day that we wanted to do). I'm excited for this because it sounds delicious and a lot of fun.
Yum!!! Good choice!

Next we'll head over to Epcot. This is the only day of our trip the Festival Center should be open, and we'll be meeting up with @chunkymonkey. A lot of you are taking vacations at the same time but I'm only arriving for the tail end of them so that's why our dismeets are the first weekend.
Yay! So glad we could make this happen with our schedules! I will PM you my contact into.
Another opportunity we couldn't pass up is a last time seeing Wishes (and the first time we see it in full). We can watch from the Contemporary because of the Cali Grill brunch. I don't know if Main st will have a better view? But it'll probably be our only time to see it from Cali Grill. Plus if we do that we can get a jump on the crowds leaving MK, and maybe head over to Trader Sam's. If not back at the hotel we could eat some nachos at the Galaxy Bowl!

Seeing Wishes from Cali Grill was wonderful - but you only see fireworks, and hear the music. We did miss out on the castle projections and tinkerbell flying and small things like that. I enjoyed it both ways but I'd try and catch it from Main street just once if you could.

I also may have made a September decision. Call me stupid, but I canceled the CBR room. I just can't make myself excited about staying there with all the construction even with the gift card deal. Josh says I shouldn't plan to get sick, but I have every September and there were days we had to stay at the resort/eat only there etc. Which CBR would not work for. So I picked PORS, but since we booked a king bed room I was afraid we'd get one of those dreadful looking rooms with the pull out beds. I thought of moving to preferred, but I'm not crazy about those rooms either. So I upgraded to the royal rooms. I like them, (but I may not have told Josh yet). :rolleyes1
Edit- I did tell Josh except every time I talk about resort changes I confuse him too :laughing: because he thought I meant for May at first :sad2: But he doesn't mind. He has suggested maybe a preferred room at Pop Century since he liked the one bus stop; which I'm considering but I think we'll save that for another trip.

Sounds like a good plan!
Good choice with the room!

Sorry about the car - hope you can get more insurance money. but I agree with you, I am not into cars, I don't even like driving, so a car is just to get me from point A to B.

Yeah same here. I want it fixed, but I don't need it to look nice when it's done :rotfl: there are so many better things to spend money on then cars.

Yay! So glad we could make this happen with our schedules! I will PM you my contact into.

Yes! I've been meaning to ask everyone I'm meeting up with for that.

Seeing Wishes from Cali Grill was wonderful - but you only see fireworks, and hear the music. We did miss out on the castle projections and tinkerbell flying and small things like that. I enjoyed it both ways but I'd try and catch it from Main street just once if you could.

Hm :scratchin this is quite the dilemma I'm having now. I do want to watch it from Main St too...

I know I've shown this one before too, but my shirt is from HappilyEverTees, ears from DumbowShoppe, Josh's shirt from the Disney Store. I'm currently thinking of changing out the ears for my Belle bow that I wore in Chicago.

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-07%20at%207.56.22%20PM.png
I love the the tank top!

This is for the Ohana breakfast, and it's all from Hot Topic.

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-07%20at%207.58.34%20PM.png
These will be perfect for Ohana!

My shirt is from Target, skirt from Hot Topic, and Josh's shirt is from HimandGem on Etsy.

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-07%20at%207.56.05%20PM.png
Love the skirt!

Your first 3 days sound great! That dessert looks soo yummy!

25th Birthday Trip-3 weeks
Wahoo! So close!

The guy said I got completely ripped off by the insurance because I have a paint color that is very expensive.
What? Oh no! I hope you get it all worked out in your favor. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

We of course changed our flight to the bright and early time of 6:45 am.
Nice...lol. Because we are drving, we are leaving at 6am.

I don't know why, but while I love to sleep in; it doesn't quite feel like vacation if we don't have to get up at 4 am and then board a plane!
:lmao: Though I don't know why I am laughing. I'll be up around 4:30 for our travel day.

We should get there at 9:40 am, although we've gotten there up to an hour earlier before.
Very nice!

We were previously changing to CBBR for the rest of the weekend, but managed to score a last minute AP rate at HRH!
:thumbsup2

First we'll Uber over to our California Grill brunch
So nice! I want to do this on the girls' trip!

we'll be meeting up with @chunkymonkey.
So envious of all your meets!

We have FPs for Talking Mickey, 7DMT, and Jungle Cruise.
We are doing a JC first thing one morning and another at night! I heard it's a good night ride.

I'd also love to get a Tangled lantern photopass picture.
Me, too!

is a last time seeing Wishes
:sad:

Trader Sam's.
Fun!

So I upgraded to the royal rooms. I like them, (but I may not have told Josh yet). :rolleyes1
:laughing:

Edit- Ignore the above hotel news, and read the next post!
Okay, will do!

Happy Easter everyone!
Happy Easter!

Yay! We are at 49!

then WL the rest of the trip
So nice! I absolutely can't wait to both hear your thoughts and stay there myself!

I even looked at BC again, but the cheaper rooms appeared to be gone. Then this morning I checked again, and it was there! With this extra money it seems like we'll be sticking with it this time. :thumbsup2 I've also heard a rumor the discounts will be out in the next 10 days. :scratchin
Yay on the resort change. I'll be all about that review as well. And I heard the same rumor......

Hey girl! @xlsm mentioned in my PTR that she wasn't getting notifications of updates, which made me think that I, too, haven't been getting a lot of alerts lately so I hopped over to the PTR forums and guess what?! I got behind on your PTR! Ugh. So now I'm all caught up!

So now I'll start my itinerary posts! Each week till we go I'm going to post the plans of 3 days.

Yes!! So excited to hear what you have planned

We of course changed our flight to the bright and early time of 6:45 am.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

I don't know why, but while I love to sleep in; it doesn't quite feel like vacation if we don't have to get up at 4 am and then board a plane! Plus we get there early (so extra day!), and who can sleep the night before vacation anyway?
Completely agree... if you don't leave during the middle of the night for vacation, is it even vacation?! lol

First we'll Uber over to our California Grill brunch (one thing that is only offered this day that we wanted to do). I'm excited for this because it sounds delicious and a lot of fun.

Yes! Can't wait to hear what you think of the brunch, we're scheduled for 5/28!

We can watch from the Contemporary because of the Cali Grill brunch. I don't know if Main st will have a better view? But it'll probably be our only time to see it from Cali Grill. Plus if we do that we can get a jump on the crowds leaving MK, and maybe head over to Trader Sam's.

YES!! So excited to see your pics from here, as this is our exact plan a few weeks later lol

I even looked at BC again, but the cheaper rooms appeared to be gone. Then this morning I checked again, and it was there! With this extra money it seems like we'll be sticking with it this time. :thumbsup2 I've also heard a rumor the discounts will be out in the next 10 days. :scratchin

giphy.gif

Yay for Beach Club!

I also am not getting updates. So who knows what's going on. But I like your updates! I wish we were somehow crossing paths, but alas, we're leaving well before you get to Disney Springs. So we'll miss you. Someday!

I'm at 10 days, so I'm also freaking out at how close things are! I hope your trip is amazing and I'll be checking in more often from now on. o_O

I also am not getting updates. So who knows what's going on. But I like your updates! I wish we were somehow crossing paths, but alas, we're leaving well before you get to Disney Springs. So we'll miss you. Someday!

I'm at 10 days, so I'm also freaking out at how close things are! I hope your trip is amazing and I'll be checking in more often from now on. o_O

Last edited:
Ah that's crazy I wonder why so many people aren't getting them.

Aw yeah one day we will!

You are so close! 18 days for me. I should get up a few more itinerary posts before you go!

What's weird is that I'll get them on SOME, but it won't be THE update. It'll be like..someone replying to someone else's comment. Which I don't understand.

And yes! Especially if I start using a different airline, since Southwest is so expensive and I'm out of points. Womp womp.

I am. O.O I lost my Disney Rewards Redemption Card from Chase, so I had to call them this morning to ask what to do. And I'm finishing my crafts, since today is day 10. (Which is insane.) I will definitely be checking in for your posts! And I'll be on the Disboards a lot at night, since the parks close earlier than I typically go to sleep, so I'll be checking in and warming up the parks for you! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter