Deleting Phone Contacts

Select “Lists” to view them. I don’t think you can set that as the default.
Too bad I wish you could. That would be ideal
Why do so many of you have work contacts in your personal phone?
Because that is the only phone I have. We don’t have work phones. At my old job having a work paid phone was a perk for management. But it was still MY phone so I had both work personal contacts.

My company *used* to subsidize phone fees, back when the only ironclad reason to own a cell phone was to be available to be contacted while traveling for work. They gave up paying for those years ago; it is just a standard expectation now that every employee owns a smart phone and can send and receive unlimited messages. It is literally impossible to work without one, because the timecard system and the IT network both require 2F authentication from a specific app.

The only phones that are subsidized now are the on-call sat phones for emergency facilities personnel, the folks who have to go in even if a storm has taken down every tower in a 10 mile radius. They pass those phones around from shift lead to shift lead.

I have a number of a friend that died a couple years ago and I just can't delete is number. Just seems wrong for some reason. I am sure I will eventually.
Totally understandable. I still have My Mom' (&Dad's ) cell &home phones numbers in my contact.Plus a few of her friends. Not to mention the restaurants in Ocean City NJ we got takeout from on our annual vacation .

it is just a standard expectation now that every employee owns a smart phone and can send and receive unlimited messages. It is literally impossible to work without one, because the timecard system and the IT network both require 2F authentication from a specific app.
I'm a teacher and our district with to a 2F authentication for logging in each morning about a year or so ago. Some teacher across the district lost their minds and got the Union involved saying that the district could not require us to use our personal devices to do our jobs. The Union basically said the same thing your work said - that it was a standard expectation that employees all have a phone with texting. If there was anyone who didn't have one, or absolutely refused to use their personal device, they have to call IT each morning and get a code to log into their computer.

Well, THAT was depressing.
41 numbers in my contacts.
3 belonging to people who are deceased.
1 a landline number that the person has moved so I need to get her new landline number. I have her cell phone number though.
2 work numbers, the main number and security, and while my retired, that is where my daughter works.
But I rarely use my cell phone for calls, that's what my landline is for. And I have never deleted any number.
Brother died yesterday and don't expect a call from the *BEYOND* since there is none, it's gone.

Why do so many of you have work contacts in your personal phone?
When I sold my business, I decided it was easier to close down my personal line and add those contacts to my business contacts. Allowed various vendors to keep in touch and do independent consultancy for a time.

I’ve a few contacts still in my phone that are deceased: the man, a sister who died unexpectedly and Mommy. My contact pages for each are filled with important data that helps with their estates.I did remove all from my “Favorites” within weeks of their deaths.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter