delivery Fee Question

In an email from Member Services, the $6.00 fee does not apply to Owner's Locker.

Will they redesign the in-room phones with a button for "Grocery Delivery"? Guests aren't going to realize there's a fee until after they checkout.

Will they redesign the in-room phones with a button for "Grocery Delivery"? Guests aren't going to realize there's a fee until after they checkout.

Press 626 for Grocery delivery through Bell Services

Pleakley's voice: "Welcome Friends Family! We see you are staying with us in room 1234. Good News! Your grocery delivery has arrived."
<background growling and sounds of packages being ripped apart>
Pleakley: "Uh oh... Stitch is currently devouring all groceries in the storage area."
Jumba's voice in the background: "Get that out of your mouth!"
Pleakley: "Please press 1 if you'd like us to retrieve your grocery order and deliver it to your room for only $6 before he gets to them."

Last edited:
Probably because they are a "Disney Preferred Vendor". Just like some scooter rental companies can drop off and pick up at bell services, while others need to drop off and pick up with the guest.
Possibly. But then that sure opens the possibility of a Disney Preferred grocery service. Whoever want to pony up the $ to do so would almost have a monopoly on grocery delivery to the resorts.

I thought it is okay to use a cart if you want at a DVC resort.
I only asked if it was possible to borrow a cart once (decades back at this point) and was told no, that they were only for bell service. Picturing kids using them as toys I understood and never asked again.

When I called Bell Services to have our groceries delivered I was informed of the $6 fee. The made sure I was aware and approved it before delivering my order and charging my room. We were not charged for the groceries that we picked up on our grocery stop that dropped of with our luggage and us in a golf cart (we were in a treehouse villa). I thought the fee was fair for the extra delivery of water, beer, and other heavy items. We tipped both times.

Reason I ask is because they will never allow me to get my groceries and carry them back to the room.

They won’t allow you to “get” your groceries from where?

Will this fee apply to having your Owner's Locker delivered and picked up. I have a split stay coming up and delivery and transport between resorts could cost me $24.

OL says firmly no.

I thought it is okay to use a cart if you want at a DVC resort.

My extended family has asked at a variety of Dvcs and has always been told NO.

How is OL different from grocery deliveries?

The OL doesn’t have to be refrigerated, is my thought.

Anyone have an email for a higher up? If we’re paying OOP then I’m assuming a reduction in MF will be coming. I’d like to ask directly.

Anyone have an email for a higher up? If we’re paying OOP then I’m assuming a reduction in MF will be coming. I’d like to ask directly.
You can e-mail through the website. I've already done so and waiting for them to reply back. Generally that is how I ever was able to discuss issues with higher ups just takes a bit longer.

You can e-mail through the website. I've already done so and waiting for them to reply back. Generally that is how I ever was able to discuss issues with higher ups just takes a bit longer.
Thx. I just don’t see how they can do this. However, I feel that way about a lot of things they are doing of late...

Sent off an email.

Last edited:
Thx. I just don’t see how they can do this. However, I feel that way about a lot of things they are doing of late...

Sent off an email.
It's possible it will be a line item on the income side. They already do that for the parking fees collected on the rooms rented through breakage or something, but it does show up there. So may be they do that. Basically transferring the costs exclusively to those that actually are having deliveries....possible if they do actually do something like this.

But good to ask. This is basically what I asked them.

Sent off an email.
Any owner who feels changes are or have the potential to effect their membership should most definitely be speaking up and asking questions. I applaud you and want to encourage others with similar concerns not to just sit and expect others to take up voice. It takes a chorus to get our voices heard.

Last edited:
It's possible it will be a line item on the income side. They already do that for the parking fees collected on the rooms rented through breakage or something, but it does show up there. So may be they do that. Basically transferring the costs exclusively to those that actually are having deliveries....possible if they do actually do something like this.

But good to ask. This is basically what I asked them.
Yes, but people on FB are reporting that if BS is delivering groceries & luggage they are not being charged. It is just the separate grocery delivery.

BS doesn’t handle our luggage, but last month I brought 3 kids and my mil down to bring up our groceries & BS said no, they would bring it up. They insisted & I was annoyed b/c I had no USD for a tip & had to borrow some from my mil.

I will never pay this fee. We book 2 bds for the full kitchen (I mean that’s what it’s there for!), now they want to charge for a service we’re already paying for. How about we charge those doing split stays extra as they cost the membership more in room turnover. No, this is a slippery slope.

I only asked if it was possible to borrow a cart once (decades back at this point) and was told no, that they were only for bell service. Picturing kids using them as toys I understood and never asked again.

The GM at BRV and CCV will let guests use the luggage carts. Bell Services there told me that they are really upset about the policy, (less tips).

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter