Delta has got me so annoyed!!

there was an article in the buffalo evening news about Delta's decision to implement regional jets out of buffalo ....

they will no longer have the larger jets serving buffalo .....just the 50 seaters......do not recall when they are implementing this but they did say in the release they will be upping the number of flights but that they wouldd be on smaller planes...

some of the "airport" support personnel will be out of jobs too...

seems like it was a "corporate" money decision

Originally posted by lawgs
there was an article in the buffalo evening news about Delta's decision to implement regional jets out of buffalo ....

they will no longer have the larger jets serving buffalo .....just the 50 seaters......

lawgs - do you know when the article was published? If was recently I'll take a look through my recyclables to see if I still have the paper. I'd be interested in reading it.

I'm wondering now if we'll be on a smaller plane out of Buffalo now or just on the return flight from Atlanta. :confused:

The 69 passenger CRJ is pretty nice actually. Plus with fewer passengers, there will be less luggage on the baggage carousel to sort through so you'll get to WDW that much faster!

Delta cancelled our 1:55 pm DL Express flight from Hartford to Orlando. Instead of a nice non-stop, we're leaving 20 minutes earlier, connecting through Cincinnatti and getting to Orlando 1 1/2 hours later. They did move us to First Class though. Too bad the flights are not on wide bodies.

Have a great trip!

This is kind of strange...I too booked tickets on Delta for Easter weekend. ( I think it was right after a thread that you put on the boards concerning Easter flights!). I kept checking our flights on the Delta website and last Fall I noticed our flights were changed. ( Actually they were changed many times). However, the first leg of our trip the plane changed from a jet to a 39 seater! My mom was not too happy. I called Delta and they were very happy about changing our flight with no charge! I am sure it was because it was last Fall. If I didn't check the flights daily due to my obsession with traveling I am sure I would never have known this until I was ready to board the plane.

Wow - we just cancelled our whole vacation because of Delta - I hope our July plans don't change. They changed our reservations (we had two separat ones - one for dh and one for me, and my two children) so much, they left us no choice but to cancel. We are so disappointed. We were staying first in Jupiter and then in Orlando. Not sure what we will do now. Checking Jet Blue and Amtrak. I can't believe they did this during Easter, a busy time. Does anyone have any experience with Amtrak they like to share?

Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
Melsmice,
Could be the war doing this. What type of aircraft is this?

This is quite possible!!!! Many people do not know that the Department of Defense and the Airline Industry have an agreement. The "Civil Reserve Air Fleet" is a unique and signifigant part of the nations mobility and resources in support and movement of troops into a theater of operations.

Selected civil aircraft from the US airlines committed to the CRAF will make themselves available to assist in airlift operations in time of war if warranted.

In exchange for these services, the US Air Forces Air Mobility Command awards peacetime airlift contracts to civilian airlines that offer aircraft to the CRAF.

The carriers could be bracing themselves for such an instance. But this is just an opinion, not a fact that. The US Military currently has all resources necessary to support it's requirements.

DESERT STORM 1992
SOUTHERN WATCH 1992-1993
KOSOVO CAMPAIGN 1998-2000

RECRUITING TOMORROW'S PEACEKEEPERS - 2000 - Present

SUPPORT THE TROOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

annas exactly what did delta do to force you to cancel your trip? Our easter departure from mco was sig. changed but they were able to accomodate me to something that was acceptable to us.

Tribe 0701 - Sounds like you are pretty knowledgeable in this department & as I can see from your signature it looks like you are active in the military.

God Bless you & your family. We are definitely supporting the troops!! :D

I guess I shouldn't complain about something so minor when the men & women of our military are out their fighting for the freedoms we take for granted - such as being able to board a plane to WDW whenever we want. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter